Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gallia Narbonensis

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Gallia Narbonensis

Lucius calls forth the best of Massalia's builders to discuss the possibility of enlarging the main road that extends from the border of the province near Transalpine Gaul to their city of Massalia.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Salve, Pro-Consul Regulus,

The Senate has determined the tax for your province shall be twenty five percent of it's assessed value. The Quaestor assigned to your province can handle arranging transportation.

Quaestor Mergus

Ave Proconsul,

I write inquiring as to why only a portion of the provincial tax has been paid this year. The treasury has received 475 denarii less than is stipulated by law. Do you have a reason for this that can be reported to the Senate?

Quaestor Fabius Ambustus.

A letter:

Regulus,

The city has plungued into chaos. Sulpicianus, our esteemed consul, has died by the hands of an angry crowd in the comitia; I barely escaped alive myself. To blame is Carnifex, that firebrand, who grows bolder, more ambitious and dangerous every single day. Uncertain times ahead, Regulus.

Apollo grant you health

L.C.S.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Regulus,

I march for Rome. I know very little of the details but I am shocked at the murder of my client, Sulpicianus. I shall gather more information.

PCS

Citizen

With his second year coming to a close, Lucius Atilius Regulus appoints his legate, Titus Druentia Scaevola, to watch the province in his absence as he returns to Rome for re-election.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Claudius joins the resigned Pro-Consul back to Rome. He intends to run for office as well.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

A letter arrives for the new Pro-Consul of Macedonia.

Salve Pro-consul,

As queastor I request you send your 25% owed tax to the treasury of Rome.

Signed, Claudius Aemilius Lepidus.

Citizen

Lucius Atilius Regulus arrives to hear word that the Aedui had declared war and an invasion was imminent. The Proconsul knew he had only one legion and it wasn't enough to defend the Proconsulate. He still sent word out for Roman and Gallic volunteers to bolster his forces till reinforcements arrived. A messenger is dispatched forthwith to Rome to inform the Senate and request reinforcements.

D20 x 200 = 15 x 200 = 3,000 Gallic/Roman volunteer spearmen

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

An army of four legions arrive outside Massalia, with a small retinue making their way into the city. Consul Lucius Villius Tappulus requests a meeting with Proconsul Lucius Atilius Regulus.

Citizen

The Consul is shown to an encampment outside of Massalia where Italia I and a few thousand Gallic volunteers had gathered. The Proconsul Regulus was overseeing the training of the Gallic spearmen when a legionnaire tells him of Consul Tappulus's arrival. Regulus walks away from the training grounds to meet with the Consul.

Consul Tappulus, it is a pleasure to see you again. Rome has sent quite a force to repel the Aedui.

"The pleasure is mine, Proconsul Regulus. It looks like you have gathered quite a sizable force yourself, so maybe we're not need here after all. I bring four legions, 20,000 men all in all. This should be enough to crush any invading barbarian force, but since you are the proconsul of the province I would like to cooperate the strategy with you. How many men do you have at your disposal?"

Citizen

I have at my disposal the full strength of Legion I Italia and a few thousand Gallic volunteers from throughout the province. We should look to this opportunity to possibly expand our Republic.

Tappulus nodded in agreement. They had amassed an impressive force in the province, and it would be foolish not to take advantage of this and expand the borders of Rome.

"An excellent suggestion, proconsul. Once the Aedui army has been defeated and their king captured, it would be good to conquer their lands and use them as the foundation of a new roman province in Gaul. With five legions and a few thousand auxiliaries, I say that we send out four legions and your Gallic auxiliaries to face the enemy, while one legion is held back in reserve here at Massalia. Once the barbarians have been defeated, we'll march into their territory and conquer it. However, it would be unwise to not consider the stance of the other Gallic tribes. They would not take kindly to this I'm sure, but we should send diplomats to sign a treaty when we've defeated our enemy and we have the upper hand."

Citizen

Yes, Consul. Let us use this time to at least defeat our foe, but we must be ready to grab territory. For surely the Aedui's rivals will think the same. I will leave Legion I Italica here, a veteran legion, to hold Massalia.

OOC: I will leave the movement orders to you.

"Good, then I think it's time we moved out. For Rome, we shall not let these barbarians do as they please."

Consul Tappulus made his way back to his legions to face the enemy in battle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12