Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The European Refugee Crisis

Default Re: The European Refugee Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    NATO is doing a great job at killing people in Middle East. I guess helping is a lot harder than just putting a bullet through their brains. But I'm not worried. We're all living in Christian countries after all. I'm sure we're going to help them and not complain about, just like our Lord, Jesus Christ.
    Invoking religion is potentially complicated. Christianity is much more complex than MSM implies, and Jesus Christ wasn't the Hippie "Do what Feels Good" Guy leftwingers paint him as either.

I'd say stopping to de-stabilize the middle east is a good compromise for not having to bear the increasing burden of unlimited refugee works
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    European organized human-smuggling...
    Well,
    migrant smuggling networks - Europol
    It is expected that, in 2016, more than 90% of the migrants moving towards the EU will be facilitated by smugglers...The launch by Europol of the European Migrant Smuggling Centre (EMSC) in the framework of the 2nd Operational Forum on 22 February 2016, following the European Agenda on Migration and the invitation by the Council of the EU from November 2015“to strengthen Europol’s capacity to support EU Member States in better preventing and fighting against migrant smuggling” is an important step towards strengthening the fight against migrant smuggling networks
    -----
    Human Smuggling: the EU efforts to undermine organized crime

Stardreamer
    The people smugglers and their deathtrap boats clearly need to be stopped
    In case you haven't noticed,there are also war refugees inside the boats of death.
    What is a refugee - USA for UNHCR
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

The biggest smugglers are the open borders NGOs, because they don't care if someone is illegal, a refugee or whatever. Until those are disbanded there will never be an efficient policy for refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Germans flocking out of Germany because of Merkel's failed immigration policies
    Well, I have read the actual article (from the right wing Welt newspaper) and while the quote itself is technically correct, it also grossly misrepresents reality (and the artcle) because most of those people leaving do come back. The number of people who actually left Germany for good is 250.000. From the article: "Pro Jahr verliert die Bundesrepublik etwa 25.000 deutsche Staatsangehörige. Auch wenn das Gros von ihnen früher oder später nach Deutschland zurückkehrt, ist der Wanderungssaldo schon seit den 60er-Jahren stets negativ."
    Which means, that Germany loses around 25.00 people per year and that it has been like this since the 1960. It has nothing to do with refugees.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...eiburg-Germany

Gang of 17 migrant men in horror sex attack on two women in church square in Germany

Police have arrested three Gambian men, two of whom have had their asylum applications rejected.

The suspects, aged 17, 19 and 20, are all Gambian nationals who arrived in Germany between November 2015 and February 2016.

The men have been released on police bail while investigations continue.
    Once again, nice one Merkel.

Also evidence that Western judiciary system is unfit for this problem.

Those people had their applications rejected, should have left, never did. Expulsion that works on voluntary basis doesn't work.

It's even more retarded when you consider that the police not only didn't deport them now, but released them.

Gang of 17 migrant men in horror sex attack on two women in church square in Germany

Those people had their applications rejected, should have left, never did. Expulsion that works on voluntary basis doesn't work.

It's even more retarded when you consider that the police not only didn't deport them now, but released them.
    What you are saying is just wrong (I read two german articles about it). there is no voluntary explusion. But there is a certain process for explusion. YOu cannot just put somebody on a plane for example . And the police concluded that it wasn't 17 but in reality it were 3 Gambians. A police station was 200 meters away because it is one of the main places for drug trafficking in Freiburg. Thats were the two women fled. Tabloids really aren't the best source for information.

Not my fault if mainstream media are suppressing the news.

Still why are they being left free to roam instead of being deported?
    Their asylum application was rejected months ago. Why are they still in Germany?
    Because that's origin of the problem. You even say that ''there's a certain process for expulsion''. Well, it isn't working.

Not my fault if mainstream media are suppressing the news.

Still why are they being left free to roam instead of being deported?
    Their asylum application was rejected months ago. Why are they still in Germany?
    Because that's origin of the problem. You even say that ''there's a certain process for expulsion''. Well, it isn't working.
    That is also not true. They came to Germany between the end of 2015 and february 2016. And it takes a while to be rejected and when you aren't granted asylum which was the case for two of them (and the third certainly will not get it now) you can still fight that decision and after that is also denied Procedings can then begin to bring someone back to Gambia. That has to be coordniated with the Gambian goverment.
    Plus we do not aczually know when the asylum was denied. By the way the number of explusion every year is around 100.000
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; October 29, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

Citizen

According to Thomas de Maizière, the German interior minister, extremist groups were manipulating people with rumours and half-truths and that hatred must be fought with facts.He says,
    The current trend shows that refugees are just as unlikely to commit crimes as comparable groups among the current population.The majority of them don't commit crimes, they are seeking protection and peace in Germany.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    According to Thomas de Maizière, the German interior minister, extremist groups were manipulating people with rumours and half-truths and that hatred must be fought with facts.He says,
    ...Which is why government and mass media teamed to cover-up facts. Indeed, instead of being directed at some economic migrant, who poses as "refugee" to gain welfare for his 5 wives and 22 children, it should first and foremost be directed at German government, which allows that to happen, while covering up crimes committed by the economic migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    That is also not true. They came to Germany between the end of 2015 and february 2016. And it takes a while to be rejected and when you aren't granted asylum which was the case for two of them (and the third certainly will not get it now) you can still fight that decision and after that is also denied Procedings can then begin to bring someone back to Gambia. That has to be coordniated with the Gambian goverment.
    Plus we do not aczually know when the asylum was denied. By the way the number of explusion every year is around 100.000
    Expulsion doesn't mean they actually leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    The German government has lot any credibility over this when they tried to cover up the Cologne thing.

They are also heavily pressuring facebook and google to suppress stories contrary to their narrative. This is not how you fight hatred, this is how you encourage it.

Meanwhile of the 10,000 so-called Syrian "refugees" that have been admitted to the USA, about fifty are Christians. Which is peculiar because they are the most persecuted and suffering in Syria.

In all my years, I have never known true refugees who came to the USA to desire to maintain their identity and stand apart from adopting a new homeland like this debacle. Why in the world would you intentionally invite that sort of nonsense into your country?

Why not just admit that this is an entirely left wing attempt to bolster a flagging European birth rate with a cheap set of economic migrants from literally anywhere and NOT helping the actual refugees from the UNHCR refugee camps who are actually following the rules for valid refugee immigration? You are punishing the very people who follow the law and who generally make extraordinary praise-worthy citizens.

When I look back at all of the valid refugees that have been aided over all of these years, I see a patriotic bunch who get tearful at being admitted to America and never were criminally minded. Those folks were proud of their independence and worked diligently at social uplift. As they moved up in status, they donated items to new refugees themselves to keep the assistance flowing.

Expulsion doesn't mean they actually leave.

The German government has lot any credibility over this when they tried to cover up the Cologne thing.

They are also heavily pressuring facebook and google to suppress stories contrary to their narrative. This is not how you fight hatred, this is how you encourage it.
    Do you have any proof, anything credible. Or are these all conspiracy theories ? And in the context of my statement expulsion meant people forced out of the country.

Same question heathen hammer: Any evidence. Of course you can say that anybody is conspiring against you to cover up the truth but that appears th be a rather simplistic view on media or goverment. I know journalists of big newspapers and powerful politicians and what you believe about how all this works has just no connection to reality as far as I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Meanwhile of the 10,000 so-called Syrian "refugees" that have been admitted to the USA, about fifty are Christians. Which is peculiar because they are the most persecuted and suffering in Syria.

Why not just admit that this is an entirely left wing attempt to bolster a flagging European birth rate with a cheap set of economic migrants from literally anywhere and NOT helping the actual refugees from the UNHCR refugee camps who are actually following the rules for valid refugee immigration? You are punishing the very people who follow the law and who generally make extraordinary praise-worthy citizens.
    I'm really puzzled how you come up with these thoughts. So, there is a left wing conspiracy that controls Europe that let these refugees come in to get new voters ? You should take a few undegraduate seminars in socials science and statistics maybe that will clear this up. What you are saying makes no sense for somebody who actually knows how politics and policy work. It also has no basis in facts.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; October 30, 2016 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Double post merged.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    ...Which is why government and mass media teamed to cover-up facts.
    Conspiracy theory - Wikipedia
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

The cover up of mass sexual assaults by migrants in Cologne is a perfect example:
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/ge...iminal-report/
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...igrant-attack-
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ed-government/
    Of course, you can say that any source that doesn't confirm that establishment's General Party Line is "just a conspiracy theory", because only establishment-owned media is "credible".

I'm really puzzled how you come up with these thoughts. So, there is a left wing conspiracy that controls Europe that let these refugees come in to get new voters ? You should take a few undegraduate seminars in socials science and statistics maybe that will clear this up. What you are saying makes no sense for somebody who actually knows how politics and policy work. It also has no basis in facts.
    Given my graduate education, your trolling post is a yawning attempt to discredit by strawman posting.

It's a matter of record that the number of Christian refugees have been identified and those totals are completely accurate.

I maintain that this is no attempt to assist refugees but left wing tactics to bolster a flagging collapsing birth rate in the EU by injecting economic migrants from literally everywhere. Meanwhile honest refugees are suffering in Jordan and Lebanon and cannot get placed through proper government channels!

I'm incredulous that no actual refugee advocates seem to post in these topics other than myself.

Genuine Syrian refugees from Jordan in UNHCR camps.

Versus the debacle created by EU mismanagement of the humanitarian crisis that resulted in Egypt getting hammered by African migrants coming from everywhere and ending up in Egypt as a staging area to then move on to the EU and beyond.

So now it's extremely blurred by EU mismanagement so some Eritrean, Somolis, Sudanese, etc are leaving the refugee camps in Africa, combining with just African migrants, and that's why the EU is being flooded.

Why not follow the standard rules for slow immigration into prepared areas coupled with proper financial support for the refugee camps? Oh wait, that's the logical right wing concept with proven results versus flooded open borders and no prepared infrastructure nor personnel from the left wing camp.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 29, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

Do you have any proof, anything credible. Or are these all conspiracy theories ? And in the context of my statement expulsion meant people forced out of the country.
    Officials 'tried to erase rape' from Cologne NYE report
    https://www.thelocal.de/20160502/aut...gne-nye-report

Warum sollte Vergewaltigung verschwiegen werden?
    Cover up.
    http://www.express.de/koeln/koelner-...rden--23836610

ZDF apologized for initially failing to report, which resulted in tons of protest calls.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...itivities.html

''Conspiracah''.

The cover up of mass sexual assaults by migrants in Cologne is a perfect example:
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/ge...iminal-report/
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...igrant-attack-
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ed-government/
    Of course, you can say that any source that doesn't confirm that establishment's General Party Line is "just a conspiracy theory", because only establishment-owned media is "credible".
    You can find mainstream sources as well at this point. See above.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; October 29, 2016 at 07:00 PM.

If you look at the now locked topic on the EU Refugee Crisis, you'll find posts where I painstakingly provided evidence that the open borders proposed by the EU to allow unchecked immigration coupled with a terrible shortfall in economic aid to the UNHCR created this humanitarian crisis! The then director of UNHCR went on record publicly that they couldn't anticipate feeding the refugees in the camps because the EU failed to provide sufficient aid, and that began the flight to safety. Even then it was extremely expensive to take the boats to cross the Mediterrean and many of these were not refugees at all! Then every economically disadvantaged person seized upon the idea to use whatever means possible to get to the EU to get promised handouts.

That is NOT an immigration policy that can ever work. No nation or group of nations or a concerted group of interested nations can ever take everyone who desires to come, nor should they because not everyone has the mindset to immigrate successfully to a totally alien culture and adapt into a new language, new mores, new laws, new education requirements, have job skills, etc.

You allowed everyone with the will to do so to push to the head of the line versus an organized orchestrated effort with true refugee advocacy with paid government personnel, NGO facilitation, refugee advocacy groups, and trained volunteers amongst all of that. It takes a mammoth army of refugee advocacy volunteers to handle several thousand refugees let alone these immense numbers. When I think back, we had at least 100 official volunteers just to take care of less than 50 introduced Sudanese Dinka versus this hodgepodge clusterfrack.

No refugee can transition without applicable job skills. In earlier robust economic times then job could be created for refugees in order to facilitate this transition. For example, Dinka were often taught to be medical techs who took vitals in local medical centers to help remove the strain in urban areas and provide them with a far better job with benefits versus minimum wages. Those days are long past present day.

How many so-called refugees have you heard of finding work so far. Six months ago, there were only a handful in Germany despite all of the assurances that companies would come forward. If you're just looking at burgeoning the rolls of those on the dole, well that is just an economic disaster waiting to happen. How will refugees assimilate if they cannot find work?

It's readily apparent to me that the majority of people participating in this topic have no idea whatsoever what refugee camps are for. They are NOT camps created as immigration pool staging areas but are relief areas to sustain life through security, sustinence, medical care, etc. The refugee camps are intended to be safe zones where people can flee to and eventually be repatriated to their own countries. Why? If you steal from their population then you doom their own countries and that is not prudent, enlightened, economically or politically beneficial, nor humanitarian.

A small segment of any population is embattled due to their minority status and often are refugees because of violence, threat of violence, sexual assault, etc. Those folks may choose not to go back but to try their luck elsewhere into more enlightened areas but by doing so doom their fellow minority citizens by electing to relocate.

Then within that population, you then carefully recruit the ones who might transition well into a foreign culture given their adherence to following the law, their trainability for new occupations, their mental adaptability, etc. You don't swoop in and take all of the professionals! You don't try to take all of the educated people! Doing so is extremely damaging to their country.

There is no guarantee that they will adapt in the first generation. In fact, many will regret the decision and will become bitter at their choice. Wouldn't you be bitter to leave the UK, Germany, France, America, etc and feel forced to live elsewhere? It's typically in the next generation that hard-working patriotic kids end up exceling in school, following the law, and seeing that only by becoming professionals can they produce the social uplift to help their parents and themselves. It might take a third generation to see that accomplished.

Are you prepared to be in this for the long haul (sixty years) in order to see it accomplished? If not, then why bother just moving people around like pawns on a chessboard if your halfheartedly yearning to do something good on an emotional level.

The best help is to foster stability so they can go home and repair their broken infrastructure and broken lives, not wholesale export them into an alien land and hope that change fixes things for the better.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

Citizen

Of course, you can say that any source that doesn't confirm...
    My source is the German government, not the media xenophobique narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    about fifty are Christians. Which is peculiar because they are the most persecuted and suffering in Syria.
    Another left wing conspiracy.

RubiconDecision
    honest refugees are suffering in Jordan and Lebanon
    There is only one kind of honest refugees - the Christians, I presume.

-------
    Who's Afraid of … Migration? A New European Narrative of Migration 2015
    Distorted representation of migrants in Europe,
    ...In this way the discourse on migration has been flattened. By putting in the sameboat – and not only metaphorically – disadvantaged economic migrants andpeople fleeing situations of danger, the variety of status, motivations, expectationsand identity of individual migrants has been levelled out.

3. Bridging the gap between reality and perception
    ...Migrants are not naturally inclined to criminal acts and they do not increasethe criminal ratio. Unfortunately, due to various juridical and social factors, for the same crime the percentage of migrants in jail is higher than that ofautochthones because in many cases they cannot access the alternativemeasures to imprisonment.

...Although the available figures, statistics and demographic projections clearlypoint out that migrants counterbalance Europe’s declining demography and agingpopulation and that they fulfil important niches in fast-growing and recedingsectors of the economy, the migration opposition rhetoric still prevail.

...Unfortunately, recent discussions at European level have gone in the oppositedirection, with EU Member States arguing harshly for the redistribution ofnewcomers in the European territories while further strengthening repressivepolicies to the detriment of sound policies of reception and real integration offuture European citizens.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Can every citizen in France immigrate to Germany? Yes or no.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ark-03-percent

Statistical information on the "Syrian refugees" as of July 25, 2016
    Of the July arrivals, 1,501 (99.0 percent) were Sunnis, and three (0.19 percent) were Christians. The other 11 (0.72 percent) were other Muslims.
    Of the 6,726 total Syrian refugee arrivals since the beginning of FY 2016, 6,625 (98.4 percent) were Sunnis and 23 (0.3 percent) were Christians – including 15 described simply as “Christian,” five Catholics, two Orthodox and one Greek Orthodox adherent.
    The remaining 78 (1.1 percent) comprised 49 refugees described in the data simply as “Moslem,” 17 Shi’a Muslims, 10 Yazidis, one of “no religion” and one “other religion.”
    The data comes from the State Department Refugee Processing Center.

Having helped refugees of all manner of belief systems, and being a part of refugee advocacy to assistance to Muslims intentionally done by Christian volunteers, I'm incensed at the deliberate trolling post that presumes I only want to help Christians. Obviously the Christians who are being raped, beheaded, tortured, and crucified should be a priority as should the Yahzidis. Obviously you didn't bother to watch the Syrian refugee video I posted from UNHCR which details a young Muslim couple.

If any post is bigoted, it's yours.

In the USA in refugee advocacy, 90 days is the suggested amount of time to find some sort of work to economically assist their transition. Let's compare that with the so-called "refugees in Germany.

http://www.dw.com/en/refugees-not-be...oom/a-19232803
    Refugees who arrived in Germany last year have not yet benefited from labor market growth in Germany. On the contrary, initial statistical analyses have shown that recognized refugees from Iraq and Syria experience disproportionately high rates of unemployment.
    This is a key result of "Data Report 2016, a social report for the Federal Republic of Germany" released on Tuesday in Berlin. Statisticians and social scientists have calculated figures on subjects regarding different aspects of living in Germany. The Federal Statistical Office (Destatis), the Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb), the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) and the German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP) at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin) publish the data report.
    Labor market integration poses a challenge
    "The results indicate that there will be major challenges in the coming years with regard to labor market integration for refugees," says Mareike Bünning, director of studies at the WZB in Berlin. Although recognized refugees have not been acknowledged as a single group in the official statistics, researchers were able to put unemployment figures for the refugees' country of origin in relation to jobs with mandatory social security benefits.
    There are an equal number of employed and unemployed refugees from Iraq. The majority of recognized refugees from Syria is unemployed. Compared to mid-2011, the situation for the main refugee groups has significantly deteriorated. According to statisticians, this finding markedly contrasts the generally positive trend in the German labor market.

Refugees who arrived in Germany last year have not yet benefited from labor market growth in Germany. On the contrary, initial statistical analyses have shown that recognized refugees from Iraq and Syria experience disproportionately high rates of unemployment.
    This is a key result of "Data Report 2016, a social report for the Federal Republic of Germany" released on Tuesday in Berlin. Statisticians and social scientists have calculated figures on subjects regarding different aspects of living in Germany. The Federal Statistical Office (Destatis), the Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb), the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) and the German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP) at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin) publish the data report.
    Labor market integration poses a challenge
    "The results indicate that there will be major challenges in the coming years with regard to labor market integration for refugees," says Mareike Bünning, director of studies at the WZB in Berlin. Although recognized refugees have not been acknowledged as a single group in the official statistics, researchers were able to put unemployment figures for the refugees' country of origin in relation to jobs with mandatory social security benefits.
    There are an equal number of employed and unemployed refugees from Iraq. The majority of recognized refugees from Syria is unemployed. Compared to mid-2011, the situation for the main refugee groups has significantly deteriorated. According to statisticians, this finding markedly contrasts the generally positive trend in the German labor market.
    The USA has made major strides in becoming a home for immigrants but is huge compared to Germany. I made a post in the now closed topic which specifically details the land mass comparison because that dispersal rate across the breadth of the US allowed for job creation and destressed the inevitable legal issues that occur with concentration of immigrants. Immigrants often do not follow the laws because they are unaware of the laws (especially in the area of driver registration and maintaining car insurance) and therefore a high concentration can lead to unfortunate issues with law enforcement and cause a higher than normal accident rate and injuries.

Germany is creating a problem on purpose by letting just anyone come there, then has no jobs for them, and cannot disperse them far enough so refugee advocates can handle the situation. That is perfect fuel for enclaves of bitter unemployed immigrants who cannot and will not assimilate. Couple this with spiritual extremism and it's going to be explosive.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 29, 2016 at 08:16 PM.