Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: campaign

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Gentlemen, I have to delete a bunch of posts, some because off-topic and some others for continuity. Please stay on topic and respecful towards the modding team and other members or this thread will be closed for good. Thank you for your understanding.

Thankyou!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am going to ask a simple thing. What's the update on the campaign? Any new stuff or has more things being completed?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    I am going to ask a simple thing. What's the update on the campaign? Any new stuff or has more things being completed?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
    Same question here. I know there's a bunch of work to do still and I appreciate all that you guys do, but I really think there should be more communication as to the progress of the mod. It sort of seems like we're being left in the dark, with hardly any communication as to the progress or anything.

To give a general status update, we are implementing garrisons at the moment. Techs are fully implemented, at least what we'd need for a first release (some cultures are given generic templates that will be filled in later for the purpose of reforms). Recruitment is fully enabled. Building effects would be the final area before we release a version to a controlled group of testers and then we'd start talking about a release depending on the feedback while doing some more detail work.

the first CAI beta test will be open to all or there will be sign up for it?

if so I'm sign up for test!

Sounds great! Thank you for update.

Thanx for the update ABH2.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    To give a general status update, we are implementing garrisons at the moment. Techs are fully implemented, at least what we'd need for a first release (some cultures are given generic templates that will be filled in later for the purpose of reforms). Recruitment is fully enabled. Building effects would be the final area before we release a version to a controlled group of testers and then we'd start talking about a release depending on the feedback while doing some more detail work.
    Building effects as in just db editing and testing them out? If so, sounds like you guys are really quite close to an semi-public test. Building effects are pretty tedious, but not a ton of work. Unless you mean the GRAPHICAL building effects or are adding battle effects to buildings and things.

nope, just the stat effects. Though there is a lot of them, and I mean A LOT. They're also pretty complex and it takes so much willpower to actually get it done xD
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Yeah, like I said, very tedious. Is it mostly just stat balancing at this point? Costs and effects and build time and such? Or are you working on a lot of the building effects seeing what works, but they aren't set in stone yet? That part can get pretty difficult; making all of the buildings feel worth building, but not worth building everywhere, and getting them to synergize.

well its more actually creating effect sets, as in the buildings have no effects so far. So the main problem is finding and applying effects that we believe to be realistic and somewhat balanced... though balance will come with the testing phase. Once the actual effects are set changing the numbers is extremely simple if a little tedious, but its so much easier than actually having to go "hmm how can I show what the difference between the 'public land' and the 'divided land' of the Roman agricultural system (that's a very extreme example but I hope it proves the point I'm trying to make).

Ahh I see. Yeah, that sounds difficult. You said there are a LOT, does that mean a whole lot of buildings, a lot of differing effects between buildings, a lot of chains that branch, or all three?

Quote Originally Posted by Haddon View Post
    Ahh I see. Yeah, that sounds difficult. You said there are a LOT, does that mean a whole lot of buildings, a lot of differing effects between buildings, a lot of chains that branch, or all three?
    All three. Our new building system is pretty damn big.

Well, building effects are mostly unimplemented as of yet so exactly how differing the effects are isn't entirely certain at this point, but I believe a lot of variety is planned there (including interfacing with manpower once that is implemented). The total quantity of buildings and building chains is pretty impressive, though.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Great job guys! thanks for the update, soon you'll get your social life back..........well maybe not once you start playing the game.

*Quietly locks door to social life*

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    All three. Our new building system is pretty damn big.
    Petellius,

I would like to contribute! I could help to think/make choices/ (whatever you want to call it) about the building stats. I have free time during the weekend (and Friday night). We are already friends in steam (this is an account that I use when I am in work ). Steam name: "Imperator Romanorum"

Moreover, I would like to participate in the Beta testing! (More than 4000k hours in campaign, mostly in multiplayer h2h + i participated in tournaments)

Let me know if you want my assistance, I would be glad to help!

Many thanks in advance!!

Something else,
    We could do this (if it is more convenient)

You could send me the list of buildings and then I could write a full recommendation of buidling stats.

I will complete it during weekend!! Then you can decide if you like my ideas and you can choose anything you like!

Thanks again!

Decanus

Looks like you have really came a long ways on completing this Mod. If you need a tester let me know.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Ok...so I have just purchased attila from steam... Waiting for this Campaign to drop!!!!! I purchased a game just for a mod lol...GO TEAM!