Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: campaign

Default Re: campaign

Would be awesome yeah but not sure if he will agree to it.

While i'm a wee bit more patient for a release date i can understand some of the frustrations with some people. I am sure there are people out there like myself, who have been playing TW since Shogun 1 but cant for the life of me play custom battles for fun.

Custom battles are always so....fake. They are planned, you have a certain budget, the enemy has a certain budget, You choose the terrain, the posistion, the enemy force, strength etc.

Campaign is just so much more dynamic, from those situations where you intercept a weak army on the run to those days when your arty support army gets ambushed by two full stacks and somehow you win.

Keep up the good work guys, but remeber that silence is a very loud thing in the modding community, make sure you keep people apprised of your progress, even if youve only added an icon (otherwise they revolt!)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    Saw this recently; perfect ancient cities and and many things more made by the brillant modder artstudio.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tal-War-ATTILA

Please ask him, whether you could use some of his work (especially the cities) to make your mod perfect. It is all ready. I dont think he´ll reject your suggestion.
    We have talked to ArtStudio in the past and as far as I am aware we didn't get that far with any sharing of content. I believe he's now working on MK1212 cities instead now anyway. I believe that he did mention to ABH how to change the models and we've had some success internally in testing and messing about changing cities but we would need a lot more work on it.

I will make sure you are all updated when we as a team get updated. We all work on separate areas and as such with many of us hit by real life issues such as exams, degrees, training courses ect... we haven't been able to make much progress. We've been working quite slowly on all the building rosters and we've polished off most of the naval stuff now. Still need to work on rebel factions and faction technologies.
    Last edited by Petellius; November 24, 2016 at 12:31 PM.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

@Petellius
    Yeah, Artstudio is now working on MKTW. I don´t know if he even has plans to complete this mod. If not, it would safe you a lot of work and complete Artstudio´s as well, if you share content or combine the mods. I don´t think it makes much sense that two big mods for the ancient period exist, they would just end in some kind of rivalry. So combining their best stuff would probably be the best way. Just talk to him, you could mention him as an equal member of your team or honor his awesome work on another way.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sounds good,

Linke here made this fantastic mod which represents Persia in a much much better way than in the vanilla campaign. I would like to see something similar to this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=803974771

So I know you guys are long time Total War fans, which leads me to believe I may already know the answer to my question, but I just gotta ask...Roman Flaming Pigs? Still my favorite unit from any TW game. Get a full stack of them, light them on fire, and just laugh as they run everywhere. And then lose the battle.

We have experimented with the idea of placing some easter eggs in the mod... and pig models exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    Sounds good,

Linke here made this fantastic mod which represents Persia in a much much better way than in the vanilla campaign. I would like to see something similar to this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=803974771

Something I very much love the idea of, but I prefer Aztecs complete overhaul of the campaign map to this, if they are both compatible it might be something we could work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    We have experimented with the idea of placing some easter eggs in the mod... and pig models exist.

In relation to previous comments in regards to Rome2 NM; Artstudio mentioned that he is no longer working on Rome2 NM:

Quote Originally Posted by Artstudio View Post
    The project is closed, it consumes a lot of time and altruism rather tired, sorry that it has not solved the steam issue of the support paid mods , moderators can close the topic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-ATTILA/page5

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Haha sweet!

But will the opening chord of "War Pigs" play when you give them an order?

Can't edit music so far.

I've been quietly watching this for months now. Super excited for this, and being as patient as possible lol. I have a couple questions

Is there anywhere I can donate to this? I know nothing of modding and can't help other than just throwing money at the contributors to keep their spirits high and guilt them into ruining their free time by continuing to work on this haha.

Also is there a chance maybe a roman campaign could be released prior to the full grand campaign? I'm not sure how it works so excuse me if its a dumb question, but I'm sure you guys are busy working on all these factions, with their unique events and etc.

Basically just wondering if its possible to complete a playable campaign for one faction that can be released prior to having all factions ready. Thats mainly what I'm looking forward to is conquering the world with Rome, with the family tree system and roman units etc. Basically just a reskin of a faction made to be ancient rome in Attila.

But yea, thanks to all the contributors, if there is a paypal i can donate to let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsuhoh View Post
    I've been quietly watching this for months now. Super excited for this, and being as patient as possible lol. I have a couple questions

Is there anywhere I can donate to this? I know nothing of modding and can't help other than just throwing money at the contributors to keep their spirits high and guilt them into ruining their free time by continuing to work on this haha.

Also is there a chance maybe a roman campaign could be released prior to the full grand campaign? I'm not sure how it works so excuse me if its a dumb question, but I'm sure you guys are busy working on all these factions, with their unique events and etc.

Basically just wondering if its possible to complete a playable campaign for one faction that can be released prior to having all factions ready. Thats mainly what I'm looking forward to is conquering the world with Rome, with the family tree system and roman units etc. Basically just a reskin of a faction made to be ancient rome in Attila.

But yea, thanks to all the contributors, if there is a paypal i can donate to let me know!
    1) AE doesn't take donations I'm afraid.

2) Probably not, no. I believe the plan is to release it all at once.

maaan you guys sure did screw up by announcing the release date months back, now God knows how much longer this will take.... very disappointing... been waiting since the beginning,

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    maaan you guys sure did screw up by announcing the release date months back, now God knows how much longer this will take.... very disappointing... been waiting since the beginning,
    ..... I suppose this will never end...... how annoying these guys can be....

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

They're probably using all this extra time to add in heaps of extra stuff they wouldn't have added in beforehand, so we're getting more out of it.
    Also, they do it for free and don't get any compensation so don't be so . Its a hobby they choose to do and they don't have any duty to release the mod if they don't think its ready yet.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Just live your life and think less about it. Time will pass, and before you know it you'll get to experience a mod far superior to what we would have got if they rushed to release it.
    Remember, we deserve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    They're probably using all this extra time to add in heaps of extra stuff they wouldn't have added in beforehand, so we're getting more out of it.
    I highly doubt that. That makes no sense and is entirely illogical... If they couldn't hit a release date for their initial campaign, then adding on more features is not the way to get a release out of the door.

Furthermore, you can see from their twitter that their building chains as of a week ago were incomplete, and their population script UI modifications aren't shown which implies that some key features are yet to be integrated fully into their campaign.

I'm really fairly sure that the situation is that they are working towards release, not that they are working towards adding more new features. If they are implementing entirely new features at this stage I would be rather surprised, unless they are especially key.

EDIT:

According to Petellius on the Discord, the campaign isn't currently playable. Their release will presumably happen as soon as they have something that is reasonable to release. I do not think they are holding much back here.
    Last edited by Causeless; December 07, 2016 at 07:07 PM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)