Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: campaign

Default Re: campaign

Any new movie with information????? Where are starving of news jajajaj

Decanus

Lately there hasn't been too many videos put out. Still watching all of them or seen all of them. Can't wait for campaign to come out, really looking forward to the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Maybe not quite that in depth xD, Razing Carthage will be up to the player and will likely be one of the campaign objectives. The Cimbri will appear once you hit a certain imperium provided you have certain areas controlled, as well as triggering the marian reforms. After that there will be a long slow chain of events from the social wars up until the civil wars. Everything will require specific details, such as if you capture all of gaul there is a chance the whole nation will rebel against you. This is a long time coming though, not to be expected this, or maybe even next, year.
    Oh, I understand the limitations, but between AE team scripting, the hundreds (thousands? Tens of thousands?) that will be making sub mods and tweaks, and just the systems in place in Total War games, a lot of these things will be doable over time. Just not soon, as you said. I mean, RS2 was still getting small updates and tweaks well after even Shogun 2 came out, so I can foresee AE having YEARS of life cycle.

Any campaign let's plays out there? I remember seeing interface reviews, but haven't seen any campaign videos so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Any campaign let's plays out there? I remember seeing interface reviews, but haven't seen any campaign videos so far.
    Considering it's not released yet, probably not.

Some youtube channels had early access to custom battles version, I'd assume same would apply in case for campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Some youtube channels had early access to custom battles version, I'd assume same would apply in case for campaign.
    Indeed, some stuff has been shown off by havoc already, hoping to get some more to him in the coming month.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

whoops double post, this forum has sucked for years, get some new servers guys

I am not complaining because I fully understand what it takes to do something like this, it's not easy it's not fast, I very much appreciate the work being done here. But can't help feel a little let down by what I seen JUST in the custom battles, and I could be wrong but after a multi GB file download I get greyed out battle buttons and extremely low quality armor that looks like it's set on the lowest graphic setting for a few of the unit types. It looks very rough and unfinished.

And I read the fine print where it says "LIMITED campaign release within weeks" so after all these years it won't be a full campaign... I haven't touched Atilla in over a year now, been waiting for this mod.... but from the looks of it, I'm going to have to settle for a few campaigns of Antiquity and call it a day, wait for the next Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I am not complaining because I fully understand what it takes to do something like this, it's not easy it's not fast, I very much appreciate the work being done here. But can't help feel a little let down by what I seen JUST in the custom battles, and I could be wrong but after a multi GB file download I get greyed out battle buttons and extremely low quality armor that looks like it's set on the lowest graphic setting for a few of the unit types. It looks very rough and unfinished.

And I read the fine print where it says "LIMITED campaign release within weeks" so after all these years it won't be a full campaign... I haven't touched Atilla in over a year now, been waiting for this mod.... but from the looks of it, I'm going to have to settle for a few campaigns of Antiquity and call it a day, wait for the next Total War.
    Greyed out buttons? Also Attila only came out last year and we rebuilt the whole thing from scratch, which is why its taking us so long. We'll get the campaign out way before the next historical title which is supposed to be 2-3 years away right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Greyed out buttons? Also Attila only came out last year and we rebuilt the whole thing from scratch, which is why its taking us so long. We'll get the campaign out way before the next historical title which is supposed to be 2-3 years away right now.
    Like I said I could be wrong, but from the one battle I played some of the command battle buttons were greyed out and unavailable, I don't know which ones exactly...... and the low texture armor , I don't get that part since the whole download file total is what around 3gb ?? what's going on there ?
    I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering aloud... I along with many others here appreciate your work, and once again like I said I could be a 100% wrong about the greyed out battle buttons and low texture armor, but it's just what I saw maybe there's something else at play perhaps.
    So the campaign you release in the next few weeks, will it be a limited one or a full fledged campaign ??

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Like I said I could be wrong, but from the one battle I played some of the command battle buttons were greyed out and unavailable, I don't know which ones exactly...... and the low texture armor , I don't get that part since the whole download file total is what around 3gb ?? what's going on there ?
    I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering aloud... I along with many others here appreciate your work, and once again like I said I could be a 100% wrong about the greyed out battle buttons and low texture armor, but it's just what I saw maybe there's something else at play perhaps.
    So the campaign you release in the next few weeks, will it be a limited one or a full fledged campaign ??
    I think the 'greyed out' buttons were the unit group formations. Triplex Acies and so forth. Don't think they've been added yet.

Which armour do you think is low textured? Are you sure your texture settings are on the highest setting?

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

After all these years? It was released in 2015.....

Petellius, forgive me but I only played one battle, zoomed in and noticed some of the heavy Roman Infantry had very low textures..... for all I know that could be the game glitching as it typically does, because my settings all were on the highest. In any case, I'm just eager to finally get my money's worth with Attila, your mod is the only thing that interests me. I apologize if I came off rude, that wasn't my intention.

And TSD yea sorry I didn't literally mean multiple years, I meant it in the sense that in my opinion and I'm sure many others as well that Attila is really just an expansion to Rome 2, I mean it's literally what Barbarian Invasion expansion for Rome was, no different at all... I still don't know how they got away selling it separately, but gamers are an easily swayed bunch

I check this forum every day in anticipation, but I am also perfectly happy to wait. Sometimes I feel like mod makers are the most charitable people on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassandros View Post
    I check this forum every day in anticipation, but I am also perfectly happy to wait. Sometimes I feel like mod makers are the most charitable people on the internet.
    Good sum up

yea I agree Kassandros, modders work out of passion and love for the subject....and not timelines and paychecks like CA/Sega

We had to reduce the textures of the imperial Romans a bit as otherwise the FPS tended to tank.

Saw this recently; perfect ancient cities and and many things more made by the brillant modder artstudio.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tal-War-ATTILA

Please ask him, whether you could use some of his work (especially the cities) to make your mod perfect. It is all ready. I dont think heŽll reject your suggestion.