Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: campaign

Default Re: campaign

Petellius said that having Zama be a forced scripted event, at least for now, was not currently planned here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?p=15159029

Has the situation changed in that regard?
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Petellius where are my legions, Petellius where are my legions!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    Thanks,

Yes 202 BC is the starting date for Zama, however that intro covers a lot of ground, if the Roman AI for example beats Hannibal, then there may be a chance that he can go to the Selecuid Empire. Zama is a scripted event as far I can tell, and then of course let's see what happens. I can edit that line out anyway, but its to give a 'indication' of events happening in 202 bc.

And yes, even if after one turn let's say Hannibal is defeated, then that's a reference to that kind of thing. But I can edit it out anyway for the time being.

Selecuid Kingdom should be Selecuid Empire anyway.
    Oh my holy Zeus!

you will Edit Great mighty Seleucid kingdom to empire?

finally!! and there will be chance to see Hannibal as General of Seleucid or Seleucid Emperor's advisor trait if Hannibal defeat at Zama ?

holy molly!

it's really mighty happiness today for me!

i'm more happy than release date things..

thank you and thank you again!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@Causeless,

Again I'm not too sure either, Petellius can confirm this, but Zama will be a scripted event from what I see, it may or may not be in the campaign at first release. See what happens.

@Servant 9

I'm not too sure I'll be editing PFM to change the faction names. I leave that to the team. On my side I showed you and the other guys what kind of stuff we're doing with building descriptions.

I mean in the custom battles test it should be Selecuid Empire, not Selecuid Kingdom, so not much really.

That's actually a great idea, one I'd love to see, but I can confirm there's been no plans for that yet and the scripting side will be complex when it comes to adding things like this.

I'm not entirely sure where triumph is getting his info here but AE team is currently looking at implementing the manpower script and building effects, other scripts haven't even been discussed at this time.

Also we already have a simple supply script, it just needs to be polished and put into the game.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

When I meant scripts, I mean these are ideas discussed with Phillip regarding dilemmas/events, which will be introduced in later updates. The campaign stuff is also from Havoc's video and having had a look at it I made my own assumptions as to what the campaign will look like. It's just from initial discussions that I've gathered my thoughts and thought to answer the guys here wanting an update. I hope I am not doing anything wrong here.

Perhaps the best thing for me to do is to delete the posts, as Petellius already knows better than I do.

And yes please refer to Petellius since he's doing a lot of work.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; November 08, 2016 at 05:42 AM.

Not at all triumph, just don't want to be accused of being deceitful and untrustworthy

Those things are definitely things we'd like to add into the campaign but we also don't want to spend forever on our initial release.

Ah ok Petellius, no I get what you mean, and I just updated on the writing side, so you know there is development going on. There's no problem but when RL comes in there's not much you can do then can you?

Exactly, AE cannot be spent time on just the initial release, so hopefully the AE team and with other contributions from other members can work on it and get finally released( all of us want it released!!!!!). But it will take time.

In my exp its worth waiting for this mod. It is worth it. Every little helps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    @Causeless,

Again I'm not too sure either, Petellius can confirm this, but Zama will be a scripted event from what I see, it may or may not be in the campaign at first release. See what happens.

@Servant 9

I'm not too sure I'll be editing PFM to change the faction names. I leave that to the team. On my side I showed you and the other guys what kind of stuff we're doing with building descriptions.

I mean in the custom battles test it should be Selecuid Empire, not Selecuid Kingdom, so not much really.

That's actually a great idea, one I'd love to see, but I can confirm there's been no plans for that yet and the scripting side will be complex when it comes to adding things like this.
    but I don't thing AE team change Seleucid Empire faction name.[50~90%]

from my memories.. AE team leader and some of AE team said : Seleucid has king so kingdom. but Alexander the Great was king but his faction was Empire, Persian kings were ruled empire too. etc.

AE team should know that https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...eleucid+empire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4w7MHwq0s&t=151s etc.. Seleucid is and was pronounced as Empire..

please.. let me know how to Edit with PFM[I have some knowledge with PFM] IF some of or all AE team don't want to change the Seleucid Empire name.

Seleucid Kingdom? = it's like text error to me I'm so sad

I don't much hope for other events politics things but.. Seleucid empire must be Empire for me. please... I'm begging you guys
    Last edited by servent9; November 09, 2016 at 07:47 AM.

I'm not too sure what's going to happen with the faction renaming. All I can say is that let the AE team work on it and we'll see a change in the names who knows?

Ask the AE team.

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    but I don't thing AE team change Seleucid Empire faction name.[50~90%]

from my memories.. AE team leader and some of AE team said : Seleucid has king so kingdom. but Alexander the Great was king but his faction was Empire, Persian kings were ruled empire too. etc.

AE team should know that https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...eleucid+empire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4w7MHwq0s&t=151s etc.. Seleucid is and was pronounced as Empire..

please.. let me know how to Edit with PFM[I have some knowledge with PFM] IF some of or all AE team don't want to change the Seleucid Empire name.

Seleucid Kingdom? = it's like text error to me I'm so sad

I don't much hope for other events politics things but.. Seleucid empire must be Empire for me. please... I'm begging you guys
    Yeah, the difference between a Kingdom and an Empire is that a "King" is ruler of a kingdom of duchies/vassals. An emperor is ruler of kings who are, in turn, rulers of their own duchies/vassals (Satraps in the Persian/Seleucid case). The Seleucid Emperor in this mod's start date was a King of Kings; therefore, he was an emperor.

Conversely, the Ptolemaic Kingdom was not an empire, it was a proper kingdom. The Ptolemaic King was the King of Egypt, in addition to a few isolated pseudo-duchies and sub-regions. The same can be said for the King of Makedonia and the King of Epirus. The rulers of the various city-states were essentially pseudo-counts, in a feudal sense.
    Last edited by Marinakis; November 11, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    The most information that's been given is "before 2017" by Wilhelm here, so that's effectively the "a few months" you were hoping for.

However, personally, I'd be surprised if they managed to release by new years, to be honest.

Excellent, that is about what I was expecting, somewhere first quarter '17. I have done enough modding and game developing to know that the first release date given is almost ALWAYS quite a bit early; I really wouldn't start getting antsy with the release until mid next year if their initial idea was late '16.

My DEI R2 mod will tide me over for awhile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinakis View Post
    Yeah, the difference between a Kingdom and an Empire is that a "King" is ruler of a kingdom of duchies/vassals. An emperor is ruler of kings who are, in turn, rulers of their own duchies/vassals (Satraps in the Persian/Seleucid case). The Seleucid Emperor in this mod's start date was a King of Kings; therefore, he was an emperor.

Conversely, the Ptolemaic Kingdom was not an empire, it was a proper kingdom. The Ptolemaic King was the King of Egypt, in addition to a few isolated pseudo-duchies and sub-regions. The same can be said for the King of Makedonia and the King of Epirus. The rulers of the various city-states were essentially pseudo-counts, in a feudal sense.
    Honestly, the only difference between a kingdom and an empire is if the kingdom/empire manages to conquer multiple other ethnic groups/kingdoms/sovereign states of any kind, and then establishing central rule (either through direct imperial control, or satrapies/fiefs) as opposed to semi-sovereignty like client states or protectorates. Usually, this just comes down to size, but the Empire of Japan has been smaller at times than some kingdoms. There isn't really a hard line of when something goes from kingdom to empire, it is just about how much conquering of other powers they have done, and the administration afterward.

So I have a question about the time frame of the mod. It is early Republic/Daidochi, correct? Pretty close to the start of the First Punic War, and during the Wars of Successors. How far into the future (from the start) is it going to go? Can we expect to see like the Great Germanic Migration late game? See Numantia rise up as a kingdom, maybe Pontus under the Mithradatids allying with the Ptolemies? Or is it based almost completely around the 3rd century and the rise of Rome as THE regional power (rather than one of a few). I would really love to see different sub-mods for it eventually doing both, whichever way it comes out.

Actually, it starts at the end of the Second Punic War - it specifically starts with the Battle of Zama.

Ok, so 50ish years later. Still during the rising of Rome as the major power and the Daidochi are still warring (though by this time well set up, unlike when I thought it was). So that means things like the Siege of Carthage, Great Migration, Pontic War and Social Wars are even more likely. Thanks for the reply.

They're all things we want to add in, much like RSII did. Big catastrophic game changing events

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    They're all things we want to add in, much like RSII did. Big catastrophic game changing events
    catastrophic

you mean... like roman republic to roman empire?

so... you guys makes other factions kingdoms to be empire in the features??

like Seleucid become empire when conquer Ptolemaic kingdom and Macedonia kingdom?

or something like event of you're truly Diadochi?

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Amazing! I am just imagining fighting the Jugurthine War, and taking too many turns, and suddenly 10 full-stack Teutones and Cherusci showing up at Arasio. Or Mithradates the Great rising in the east and allying with Sulla against Marius instead of Sulla fighting him. Or Aemilianus deciding not to destroy Carthage, and instead building it bad up under Roman control, only to have it break the Republic up into a civil war. Or Sertorian Spanish becoming an empire. Or so many other cool things!

AHHHH I am so excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haddon View Post
    Amazing! I am just imagining fighting the Jugurthine War, and taking too many turns, and suddenly 10 full-stack Teutones and Cherusci showing up at Arasio. Or Mithradates the Great rising in the east and allying with Sulla against Marius instead of Sulla fighting him. Or Aemilianus deciding not to destroy Carthage, and instead building it bad up under Roman control, only to have it break the Republic up into a civil war. Or Sertorian Spanish becoming an empire. Or so many other cool things!

AHHHH I am so excited for this.
    Maybe not quite that in depth xD, Razing Carthage will be up to the player and will likely be one of the campaign objectives. The Cimbri will appear once you hit a certain imperium provided you have certain areas controlled, as well as triggering the marian reforms. After that there will be a long slow chain of events from the social wars up until the civil wars. Everything will require specific details, such as if you capture all of gaul there is a chance the whole nation will rebel against you. This is a long time coming though, not to be expected this, or maybe even next, year.