Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: campaign

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: campaign

You can always offer your help to the team so they will finish it faster.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by DerThüringer View Post
    Now we are 34 day over the release date - no campaign mod - That sucks. I never play again this ing game.
    Well aren't you a little bundle of joy.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I'll be surprised if someone demanded for a "refund".

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

If its anything like Europa Barbarorum releases, don't get your hopes up, but be prepared to bask in its excellence when it is finally released. All the more worth the wait. Better to wait to release a stable mod, than to rush to release a buggy mod. CA should take note of this.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

If its anything like Europa Barbarorum releases, don't get your hopes up, but be prepared to bask in its excellence when it is finally released. All the more worth the wait. Better to wait to release a stable mod, than to rush to release a buggy mod. CA should take note of this.
    This has been on my own mind. The campaign is very near and dear to me, given how much time I spent planning and modding it (and it's still sadly not 'playable'). I do not want people to play this the first time and end up disappointed. At the same time, it'd be disingenuous if I said that was the main hold-up.

There's simply a lot of work that goes into making a campaign from scratch, and we are a small team and on that team, the number of people who work on that area of the mod are few. It's tough to find motivated and skilled people who I can incorporate into the mod to help out as there's a lot of moving parts that people would have to get up to speed on. The most time consuming part isn't implementation of anything, but mapping things out. I don't think you really appreciate how much effort goes into just doing something like technology trees until you actually start to try and design them yourself, with everything that entails. It's like that which most people probably don't think about. But then those types of things add up. You have victory conditions, chapter objects etc. The latter things aren't necessarily essential for a first release. But technologies are. And this mod is pretty large in scope. And CA's work from Rome II is kind of...not suited for us. It's not like I can straight port some of this.

It's not a matter of lack of effort. Frankly, I should be stepping away from all modding this month because I have some very important real life things I should be focusing on. But I can't quite bring myself to do that. I have an obligation to the team that has put in time to work on this when I can.

I regret that we put a date on the release that we couldn't live up to. I don't mind people questioning us, curiosity etc. But the occasional individuals who have a sense of entitlement do end up legitimately bothering me. Luckily, most of the guys who post here, especially our regulars, are great. Everyone on our mod team has put in a lot of free hours that they could have spent doing things that would be more enjoyable and profitable. Mapping out technology trees, or building effects for a Total War mod isn't as glamorous as you may think.
    Last edited by ABH2; November 04, 2016 at 10:40 PM.

I want to play the campaign so bad, any idea when it could be released since its been a while since the last release.

Now we are 34 day over the release date - no campaign mod - That sucks. I never play again this ing game.
    I have a proposal for the ancient empires team,it's not allowe people like this rude and cheeky guy not have the mod.They don't deserve take to of your wonderful work.

Well, frustrated people tend to express rudely, but only to those who take it personally.

Like it or not, a fan base is as diverse as it goes.

I am not condoning 'freedom of rage' or anything, it is my belief that in the end, they are harmless and wish the same as everyone else, albeit in a twisted way

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

the mods should just close any and all threads relating to "wen campaign?" they're unproductive and are usually made by individuals who have this grand sense of entitlement. Seriously mods, get on it.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    the mods should just close any and all threads relating to "wen campaign?" they're unproductive and are usually made by individuals who have this grand sense of entitlement. Seriously mods, get on it.
    I get more information/updates on the campaign from these threads than actual updates.

icenii's Avatar Civis

Well I believe that's your loss and nobody else's. Maybe you can sue them for false advertising maybe that will make you feel better, I on the other hand will be content to wait as all good things come to those....
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat1990 View Post
    I get more information/updates on the campaign from these threads than actual updates.
    Doesn't change the fact that those updates are paltry to the news of an actual release date, which modders usually don't give. Why? because if they don't meet that date then everyone gets pissy. Much like 50% of everyone on this thread and others. If Petelius had something substantial to show us then he would do so. Let's be honest, no one was counting on the campaign to be released with the first version. Already off the bat, Petelius did not even give a solid date and that should have told us that campaign wasn't gonna be released yet so many people got their panties in a knot because they didn't get something that they WEREN'T promised.

I will reiterate again, these threads are pointless. Updates, for the most part, are meaningless. We already have trailers and several videos about the mod and some even showcasing the campaign. What point is there in showing updates to something you can already see on youtube. At this point, I just want it to be released and not a release date. Mods, in general, should not have release dates. They are projects that take a lot of time and effort and should be released when they are ready, not because of some arbitrary date.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that those updates are paltry to the news of an actual release date, which modders usually don't give. Why? because if they don't meet that date then everyone gets pissy. Much like 50% of everyone on this thread and others. If Petelius had something substantial to show us then he would do so. Let's be honest, no one was counting on the campaign to be released with the first version. Already off the bat, Petelius did not even give a solid date and that should have told us that campaign wasn't gonna be released yet so many people got their panties in a knot because they didn't get something that they WEREN'T promised.

I will reiterate again, these threads are pointless. Updates, for the most part, are meaningless. We already have trailers and several videos about the mod and some even showcasing the campaign. What point is there in showing updates to something you can already see on youtube. At this point, I just want it to be released and not a release date. Mods, in general, should not have release dates. They are projects that take a lot of time and effort and should be released when they are ready, not because of some arbitrary date.
    I agree that they are pointless but I was just stating that I get more information out of these threads because the Modders reply to them saying things related to the campaign, I don't really care for the custom battles so I don't pay attention to those updates.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Deleted post,
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; November 08, 2016 at 05:39 AM.

Such a great work! keep working guys

anyway about : "But Carthage seems weak, and Hannibal, their invincible general has fled to the Seleucid Empire."

I love Seleucid pronounced as empire.

this mean you guys change Seleucid kingdom name to empire? please let me know

+if you guys don't want to change faction names please sooner or later let me know how to change faction names with PFM.

One positive thing is when someone loses their mind over something it means they are a true fanatic.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Hang on - I may be missing something, but isn't Ancient Empire's start date at 202bc? That was during the battle of Zama - isn't that before Hannibal fled to the Seleucids?
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I'll be surprised if someone demanded for a "refund".
    Petellius i demand a in refund!!!

Keep up the good work guys. I'd offer help but basically all i know is how to play the game . i guess a bit about history too but yeah.

If you play as either Rome or Carthage the battle of Zama will be a scripted event at the start of the campaign from what I understood.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks,

Yes 202 BC is the starting date for Zama, however that intro covers a lot of ground, if the Roman AI for example beats Hannibal, then there may be a chance that he can go to the Selecuid Empire. Zama is a scripted event as far I can tell, and then of course let's see what happens. I can edit that line out anyway, but its to give a 'indication' of events happening in 202 bc.

And yes, even if after one turn let's say Hannibal is defeated, then that's a reference to that kind of thing. But I can edit it out anyway for the time being.

Selecuid Kingdom should be Selecuid Empire anyway.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; November 08, 2016 at 02:26 AM.