Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: campaign

Decanus

Default campaign

Any idea when maybe the campaign might be released (just any idea). Note: still can not get Battle Mod to download correctly, not sure what is going on. Have watch all Ancient Empires videos, very informative, thanks for making them.

Default Re: campaign

They don't know. They won't know until they're finished, by the nature of how this mod is being made.

Also are you sure you have all three steam workshop packs and the two extra packs you need to download independently?

It is hard for mod developers do come up with release dates, since they are not a huge company that has hundreds of stuff and hot secretaries to bring them coffee, so they can make such estimations. I've been burned by so many Early Access games and rushed mods, that I realized that the more time developers take, the better it is. I mean the same people who complain about delayed release date will complain about how unbalanced or buggy campaign is if it comes out earlier then it should.

Too right Heathen Hammer.

Senator

If you have followed Total War modding over the years you would know the answer is always "When it's done" frustrating yeah, but that's the reality, these dudes have lives.

That are quite frequently getting in the way of late.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

It's okay we still love the AE Team (At least I do) . For them to create a work of art out of pure love with no other financial incentives its quite amazing to me. If only CA could learn some things from their example.
    Dont take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway

Decanus

I agree with all above. Thanks for reply. Onward to victory.

I was hoping to hear a "Well, we are closing in on it, maybe a few months" or a "We found some big things we need to redo, won't be for awhile".

Quote Originally Posted by Haddon View Post
    I was hoping to hear a "Well, we are closing in on it, maybe a few months" or a "We found some big things we need to redo, won't be for awhile".
    The most information that's been given is "before 2017" by Wilhelm here, so that's effectively the "a few months" you were hoping for.

However, personally, I'd be surprised if they managed to release by new years, to be honest.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    The most information that's been given is "before 2017" by Wilhelm here, so that's effectively the "a few months" you were hoping for.

However, personally, I'd be surprised if they managed to release by new years, to be honest.
    Ever the optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Ever the optimist
    You can only fall as far as your expectations.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to question the AE's team's abilities or dedication here! Please do not interpret it as that. The only reason I have my doubts is that an off-the-cuff comment from a single team member usually only considers their personal work left without taking into account the amount of work that others may need to do. That is a mistake I've personally made before.

As always, I'm excited for the release and am eagerly awaiting a chance to play the campaign. So prove my predictions wrong by releasing before the year ends!
    Last edited by Causeless; October 20, 2016 at 05:45 PM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

I erased my Attila - Good buy !

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    You can only fall as far as your expectations.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to question the AE's team's abilities or dedication here! Please do not interpret it as that. The only reason I have my doubts is that an off-the-cuff comment from a single team member usually only considers their personal work left without taking into account the amount of work that others may need to do. That is a mistake I've personally made before.

As always, I'm excited for the release and am eagerly awaiting a chance to play the campaign. So prove my predictions wrong by releasing before the year ends!
    haha, fair. I'm not taking at anything but your own opinion which is no problem to me. Also that guy has no work left, so I think he'll be done way before 2017 I'm hoping to provide some more video content and such on whats been done since release.

Quote Originally Posted by DerThüringer View Post
    I erased my Attila - Good buy !
    "I just cut my nose off to spite my face, goodbye!"

Seriously, dude, these are people putting together a mod for free. They won't lose money over tantrums like this. The only person you're hurting here is you.

Decanus

I wonder why Oct 30 was given as a finish date for the campaign since it looks like now maybe the years end? I wonder what came up that increased the time to completion to increase so much? Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb1 View Post
    I wonder why Oct 30 was given as a finish date for the campaign since it looks like now maybe the years end? I wonder what came up that increased the time to completion to increase so much? Anyone have any ideas?
    It was given because we thought it achievable. Admittedly we were about a week or two off even at full pace but a week or two before release modding pretty much stopped due to IRL issues throughout the whole team. It's only really starting to tick over at full pace again now. Hence why the delay and no real estimate, because progress wasn't been made a rate we'd have liked it to, and we were all pretty grumpy about it. We'll see how it goes and tell you all when we get somewhere.

Decanus

Sure appreciate the quick and informative reply. I been following this Mod for seems like very long time. lol You know how it is when your waiting for something to be finished or your turn. Anyway Mod looks like it really is going to be a work of ART, lots of love going into it. Will be looking forward to Mod when it is finished. Still keeping up with "ALL" the videos about this Mod. Thanks again for rapid reply.
    Last edited by adambomb1; November 03, 2016 at 11:34 PM.

Thanx Petellius, Very excited about the campaign.

Now we are 34 day over the release date - no campaign mod - That sucks. I never play again this ing game.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast