Thread: Cannot build siege machines when besiege!

Alex(España)'s Avatar Civis

Default Cannot build siege machines when besiege!

Hi, first congratulate for your mod!(The factions and units are awesome!) But I have a serious problem when besieging: I cannot build tower, ladders, etc...So the gameplay is broken. I hope that can you fix it.

Thanks and sorry for my english
    Si en el frente veis a unos soldados sucios, mal afeitados, con el uniforme desabrochado y las botas rotas, cuadraos ante el, es un héroe, es un español.

Sobre los muchachos de la División Azul.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Cannot build siege machines when besiege!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex(España) View Post
    Hi, first congratulate for your mod!(The factions and units are awesome!) But I have a serious problem when besieging: I cannot build tower, ladders, etc...So the gameplay is broken. I hope that can you fix it.

Thanks and sorry for my english
    i can build them no problem, once bulit they appear as a number above as how many you have built.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    i can build them no problem, once bulit they appear as a number above as how many you have built.
    I know how construct them, but the build time is 0 for all, and when I pass turn they didn't build it, I tested 5 turns and any tower, ladder and ram was built.
    Si en el frente veis a unos soldados sucios, mal afeitados, con el uniforme desabrochado y las botas rotas, cuadraos ante el, es un héroe, es un español.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

I know how construct them, but the build time is 0 for all, and when I pass turn they didn't build it, I tested 5 turns and any tower, ladder and ram was built.
    oh ok ...works fine for me though.

Does this problem happen on several settlements, or only one? Does the settlement have walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    Does this problem happen on several settlements, or only one? Does the settlement have walls?
    Several and of course that have walls, without it you cannot build siege engines xd

That's a strange bug. Probably the best thing to do is delete the mod, verify the integrity of the game cache, and download and reinstall the mod again. Sorry, I don't know any other solution. I hope somebody else can help.

That's a strange bug. Probably the best thing to do is delete the mod, verify the integrity of the game cache, and download and reinstall the mod again. Sorry, I don't know any other solution. I hope somebody else can help.
    Thanks but don't worked :S

Maybe try subscribing to a workshop mod that affects siege engines. I found one called More Siege Weapon! [sic] that increases the number of siege weapons. It might work.

Maybe try subscribing to a workshop mod that affects siege engines. I found one called More Siege Weapon! [sic] that increases the number of siege weapons. It might work.
    I have mods some mods, but thats not the problem. I run this mod alone and the problem remain. I run vanilla, radious and FOTE and I don't have this problem. So the problem happen only with this mod.

What I mean is, have both IEB and More Siege Weapon! running simultaneously. It might provide a temporary workaround.

Anyway, I hope IEB's author sees this thread and can provide more knowledgeable help.

I hope it too. Thanks for your help anyway

I think it is a bug. In Imperia et Barbari mod time construction for siege equipment is three times longer than in vanilla game, so after two turns light siege tower appears as constructed but it is not truth, because you need six turns. You can attack besieged city with walls when autoresolve button is not greyed out. It happend to me.

I have discovered the problem, it's very strange...When you have a full stack(20 units) the manpower to build is 0, when you have 16 then you have 3 manpower available(in total is 60 more or less). So is strange because when you have more units you must have more manpower available. I'm going to try to fix it with PFM but I dont know what table hahah.

Edited: I have fixed it so now the mod is fully playable. The table is "campaign_map_attrition"
    Last edited by Alex(España); January 27, 2017 at 05:18 PM.

How did you fix this?

I have Pack fiile manager, and I open the mod file.....

What do I edit?

thx.

Open the mod with PFM and go to db and look the table "campaing_map_attrition_damages_tables" and open it. Then the first line should be "rom_attrition_besieged" so change the number for whatever you want( I suggest 30 or 35 for balance) save and enjoy

Open the mod with PFM and go to db and look the table "campaing_map_attrition_damages_tables" and open it. Then the first line should be "rom_attrition_besieged" so change the number for whatever you want( I suggest 30 or 35 for balance) save and enjoy
    Ok thx. Changed to 30.

Hopefully save game compadable, if not thats ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetGank View Post
    Ok thx. Changed to 30.

Hopefully save game compadable, if not thats ok.
    It is save game compatible

you're a genius. Nice catch, this one bugged the hell out of me.