Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Westeros Tournament Hotseat 1 - Victory Joerock22

Default Re: Westeros Tournament Hotseat 1

Time for some Mithridate special, when you're ass deep things get dirty.

Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Even I start with way bigger economy than you my good ser Dragon. I make 18k a turn and had 13.5k ( Not using free upkeep it's 18k ) upkeep. As I ended turn, I made 19.5k and payed 18k upkeep. Stan makes the same kind of doe but fields far cheaper forces ( and a little fewer ) so he's rolling in doe too^^

Suppose we just gotta shine all the brighter. Anyway:

Make The Riverlands Great again!

The mad show goes on, Daddy has gathered a tremendous and great force to deal with the corrupt Lannisters, some nasty reporters have been dealt with and the treacherously captured Stony sept has been reclaimed. It is just one step on rebuilding our country, great people turning out to our gatherings.

We're a movement! Tremendous.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Putler has amassed his forced and stoked sentiment of rebellion, one of our amabssadors having defected! You know things are truly bad when people are defecting to the bloody Russians and not the other way around! Still, He'll need more than that when Ramsay "The Pepe" Bolton stand ready to intercept the enemy.

Xoxo love.
    Woo, the whole damn establishment stand against us! Flagships of propaganda have popped up, preparing to set sail and feed the machine with lies about the great leader... No matter, being the underdog is what we're best at!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here.jpg   Lie.jpg   Toyrs.jpg   R-Us.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    Meanwhile both Stannis and Lannisters, starts with positive income and after they moved units out of free upkeeps they still hold in that positive profits as far as I can see.
    I still have a lot of units in free upkeep. IMO it's far too early to judge game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    I still have a lot of units in free upkeep. IMO it's far too early to judge game balance.
    You sure about that? Details get worked out for sure as we go but...

Bring everything out and you make 18.5k and pay 15k upkeep ( 4.5 stacks ).
    So you field an army, worth more than his entire economy.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    You sure about that? Details get worked out for sure as we go but...

Bring everything out and you make 18.5k and pay 15k upkeep ( 4.5 stacks ).
    So you field an army, worth more than his entire economy.
    Yes, I’m sure. IMO questioning the game balance this early isn’t proper. If your questioning a rule, that’s one thing. But you have no idea how this will play out. You already took Golden Tooth and Stoney Sept, didn’t you? Maybe they considered your strategic position when they balanced the game (which is nowhere near as bad as you would have us believe). They probably considered that I would be able to capture Maidenpool too (if I spent a lot of money to get it). The point is that until this plays out more, you can’t say anything truly intelligent about the balance. It’s not just about the strength of the economy or the size of the armies. It’s how the money and troops can be employed.

So I’m not going to participate in this crusade. If you want to continue, feel free. But count me out.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Even I start with way bigger economy than you my good ser Dragon. I make 18k a turn and had 13.5k ( Not using free upkeep it's 18k ) upkeep. As I ended turn, I made 19.5k and payed 18k upkeep. Stan makes the same kind of doe but fields far cheaper forces ( and a little fewer ) so he's rolling in doe too^^

Suppose we just gotta shine all the brighter. Anyway:

Make The Riverlands Great again!

The mad show goes on, Daddy has gathered a tremendous and great force to deal with the corrupt Lannisters, some nasty reporters have been dealt with and the treacherously captured Stony sept has been reclaimed. It is just one step on rebuilding our country, great people turning out to our gatherings.

We're a movement! Tremendous.
    The Putler has amassed his forced and stoked sentiment of rebellion, one of our amabssadors having defected! You know things are truly bad when people are defecting to the bloody Russians and not the other way around! Still, He'll need more than that when Ramsay "The Pepe" Bolton stand ready to intercept the enemy.

Xoxo love.
    Woo, the whole damn establishment stand against us! Flagships of propaganda have popped up, preparing to set sail and feed the machine with lies about the great leader... No matter, being the underdog is what we're best at!
    So, I moved Quenten Banefort next to your troops so that you could easily kill him, then you misused that to bypass the zoc of Golden Tooth, by first denying him his retreat by sieging and then attacking him and acting as reinforcements with your army, because acting as reinforcements in a ZOC gives you the ability to move past it. I expect to find a fort behind Golden tooth's zoc next turn, and I question that move.

You couldn't have done this last turn and was only able to do this because I offered him up.
    Last edited by Dux; October 29, 2016 at 04:55 AM.

So I’m not going to participate in this crusade. If you want to continue, feel free. But count me out.
    Ah yes.

Fair points, but raising Maidenpool and Stony is to partake is it not? ^^. As to that, where do we stop with what is reasonable conquests and advantages? Slippery slope for all but the most obvious, anyway: Just what is Renly able to grab like this to compensate for earning near 8k less than lannister / turn or near 5k less than either of us? Blackhaven?

It's not too late to compensate and give Renly a better shot, which is why I'm still poking - I can live with my situation btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    So, I moved Quenten Banefort next to your troops so that you could easily kill him, then you misused that to bypass the zoc of Golden Tooth, by first denying him his retreat by sieging and then attacking him and acting as reinforcements with your army, because acting as reinforcements in a ZOC gives you the ability to move past it. I expect to find a fort behind Golden tooth's zoc next turn, and I question that move.

You couldn't have done this last turn and was only able to do this because I offered him up.
    Misused? Bleh Otherwise accurate, there is now a fort there indeed.

I've planned for this move though which is why it was vital that your general that you moved against the rules was moved back, he'd have been outside the walls on this turn had you not moved him and I could prevent you from blocking me off on my turn with my own forts. Perhaps you'd have seen it, I don't think you would have and you knew he'd be moved out too - so you missed noticing it in either case.

Could have prevented sallying if I wanted but I hate drawin out garrisons even if it's allowed

Citizen

I noticed something that doesn't go toward game balance, but basic fairness and treating everyone equally. Each faction has one major city (Oldtown, Lannisport, White Harbor and King's Landing). Every faction except Stannis has a majority of their own religion in their major city, so taxes can easily be raised to the max. Stannis literally has no people of his own religion in King's Landing. The faction religion is Lord of Light and KL has only Faith of the Seven. So I get a huge 60% religion penalty against public order, preventing me from raising taxes.

I have to believe this was simply an oversight, and not an intentional disadvantage to Stannis. Since every gold coin is going to matter in this game, I'm requesting that the admin build for me a high-level brothel and a high-level cathedral in King's Landing to counteract the public order penalty. I should be able to max out taxes with a reasonable garrison like everyone else.

I have to believe this was simply an oversight, and not an intentional disadvantage to Stannis.
    King's Landings public order was entirely intentional and wont be changing, the other factions (and Stannis itself) economies/starting armies reflect the fact. It's working as Para intended.

Citizen

Well, damn. If it's been considered I guess I can't complain.

Maidenpool is captured:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing

Lannister:

Gaming Emeritus

I am still waiting from a response of Parafix, if people are wondering about the delay.

Either a play ahead or a replay, I need to know.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Ah thought Soul dealt with this, Same tactic could of been used on the previous turn if not for the general being illegally moved. So play on.

Gaming Emeritus

Disagree, he had too few troops to do that.
    But whatever.

Stole your new nightfighter Mith.

Next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails victory1.jpg   victory2.jpg   steal.jpg  

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gonna request extension in the TTT and do this first, got a quite busy day and have been away so I'll still be within the time limit.

Have Lannister been fined yet btw? Should have been done last turn before this one, perhaps affecting recruitment and/or his ability to fort - no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Stole your new nightfighter Mith.
    So you did, so I killed him.

Ugh, darn - I mean...

Make The Riverlands Great Again!

Not only have we secured a great victory, the so called Golden Tooth swingstate everyone said was a demo stronghold has gone over to us and whilst they still send insiders to provoke violence at our rallies we stand strong. I have a plan, a great plan and you will see us stand up to the hordes gathering and being lied to, tricked to oppose us. My plan will make everything better again.

The Putler has decided to invest in a great wall, tremendous - told ya I'd make em pay for the wall. Our more close to home opposition has decided to start on the wall too, walls everywhere! This is a movement, great things people.

Who knows, the polls say we're outnumbered but we all know it's biased and lies - they can come at us and do their thing but we're not going anywhere. This basket of deplorables is rolling on no matter the numbers opposing us!
    I see you've started work already... Good job, though with the massive migration we've seen and turmoil... The wall just got ten feet higher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heh.jpg   Border.jpg   Princesss.jpg   Funny.jpg  
    Last edited by Mithridate; November 03, 2016 at 06:25 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

You killed him with one victory? Damn.

Citizen

Our misdirection works perfectly. The northmen are so focused on the visible ship, that they fail to notice the second ship sailing up from the south. The Stark ship is defeated and will soon be sunk.

Lannister:

Screenshot:

In my defense, I was quite distracted by that tremendous, beautiful wall.