Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

Suggestion: instead of basing Majora cultist leaders off of Catholic structure, go for something based on heresies or other religions. I assume the Hylian church already has a Catholic-esque structure.

Perhaps the Cathars could be a good inspiration.

Ooo! I like, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the suggestion.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Loving the parables, can't wait for the rest
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mewjora View Post
    So I've been working on the Church of Majora's doctrine. Here is what I've got so far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Orthodox of the Church of Majora

If you have found this tome, consider yourself blessed. Long has our doctrine been persecuted and hunted. Followers of the fools Gold have always strived to hide the truth from the people. My name does not matter, for my pen is simply a channel that the liberator of souls may speak through me.

Who is this liberator? Who is this being that frees the soul and unbinds the body. Through his truths all are found equal. To know his nature, we must first look within. We must turn inwards and ask ourselves, what does it mean to be mortal? What is the nature of death? Do you fear the reaper’s scythe? What if there was a way to free one’s self that death becomes but a distant memory? This is what Majora offers. All he asks in return, is that you give up whatever diety you now cling to and accept the truth that the self is the truest power in all of Hyrule.

Many see Majora as a force of chaos and a force of evil. This is simply not the case. Majora is a force of freedom, but it is the freedom he offers that mortals use for chaos. We do not discriminate against anyone. All races, creeds, and doctrines are welcomed with open arms. It is also the case that many see Termina as a place of suffering, while this is true for the non believer, Termina is whatever you bring with you. Termina can be a paradise as long as you follow Majora. Fools who attempt to stand on their false doctrine there, will find themselves in utter torment for all of their days. The ultimate punishment for denying the truth of this world.

There is power in Termina. The more that one is enlightened, the more power he may posses. Termina is all around us, in all we do and say. Every word and action has the potential to be replayed over and over in the mind of who we act upon. Therefore we should conduct ourselves as every moment was our own Termina? What is this action that I would be willing to commit it over and over for the rest of eternity? What is this truth that I cling to? Is it edifying one’s self? Should it be burned away? These are the questions that should be on the mind of a follower of Majora.

Loyal reader, the truths you had always clinged to might now be chipping away, like rust on the outside of a desert urn. You may now be asking yourself how does one become a follower of Majora? In order to become a follower, one must first accept the self. For if an arm does not understand it’s worth and purpose, what does it serve the body? Only once you understand your worth and purpose, will you truly be able to follow.

As a follower, there are four signs of the church that one may fall into. These signs are made to edify and promote the greatest strengths a follower posses.
    The first sign is that of the Great Huntsman, those who fall into this sign are those who are tasked with carrying out the sword of Majora to those who would stand against truth.
    The second sign is that of the Iron Bull, those who fall into this sign are tasked with defending the church. They are strong and unyielding.

The third sign is that of the Horned Whale, those who fall into this sign make up the congregation of the church. Their power in numbers as well as their faith in the truth move the Mad God himself to action.
    The fourth sign is that of the Twinmold. This is the rarest sign and most leaders of the church are the carriers of this sign. It signifies a direct link with Majora himself.

These signs signify the titans of Majora, the great ones who were tasked by Majora to bring down the giants that stood against the truth.

The Termanic Fables
    The Parable of the Great Huntsman: There once was a great hunter who lived in a dense jungle. His people were proud and they ruled the jungle with no rivals as no one could stand against their tall form and taller swords. That is until a sickness fell upon the jungle. It poisoned the water and began to make the hunter’s tribe ill.

Unwilling to watch his tribe crumble, he sought out the great beast, Majora. With complete confidence in self, he demanded that the monster relinquish his power so that he might save his tribe. While Majora did not care for his tribe, he was struck by the absolute power of self that the hunter possessed. So the great beast yielded to the hunter, offering up one of the four masks that sat upon its many tails. “If you would but give up your great self and take on the image of this mask, I will grant you its power.”
    The hunter did not hesitate and placed the mask upon his mighty brow. Seeing this devotion, the beast gave the hunter a new name, The God of the Hunt or Odolwa in the Deku dialect. With the power of Majora, Odolwa returned to his land. Once he returned, he used his new power to make his people immune to the poison. In return for the beast’s help, Odolwa built a temple at the heart of the jungle in the beast’s honor. Though the tribe has fallen into legend, it’s morals can still be applied to followers of Majora to this day. Firstly, acceptance of self before Majora. Secondly, giving up the freedom of self for the greater good. This is the most poignant message a follower can send. Thirdly, giving thanks back to Majora for the power and freedom so lavished upon his followers.

The Parable of the Iron Bull: Long ago, there was a follower of Majora. He was a tinker who was enthralled by the production of Armoses. One night, Majora sent him a vision of a great Iron Bull rampaging the countryside. The Tinker was in awe of its power. Once the bull finally made it’s way to the Tinker, it bowed before him. As the bull rose, it was shown to be placed on the tail of a great beast along with three others. After this, the tinker arose in a panic and immediately began construction on the Iron Bull from his vision, he believed it to be a sign from Majora himself.
    During his construction of the bull, he was visited by a fellow tinker. He assured the follower that the bull would not work with his current model and offered to change the design. The follower refused, remaining steadfast that the design was from Majora himself. Upon hearing Majora’s name, the fellow Tinker left in a rush. The next day, he was met by the town clergy. He warned the Tinker that if he continued his “unholy” construction, they would put an end to it for him. They told him to think of the greater good. He was unshaken by their threats and continued working. The final day, he was visited by the town guard and they began to pull him away from his construction. Just as they did, tendrils burst forth from the heart of the Bull and pulled the tinker within. Inside the heart, he was safe and the Bull surged to life crushing the unbelieving town, until it was nothing but dust beneath his hooves.

Prophecy of the Titan’s Return: As the Judgement of Hyrule draws closer so does the prophecy of the Titanes return. Just before the days of judgement, the titans will be summoned back into the world to make the way for Majora. Odolwa will scourge the forests, Goht will crush the mountain, Gyorg will devour the seas, and Twinmold will engulf the sands. All will be brought into Majora’s dominion, until he himself draws forth and reclaims Hyrule, so is as it will be forevermore.

Still to come! Parable of the Lost Child (About Skull kid) Parable of the Horned Whale, Parable of the Twinmold. And I'll also write up a bunch of notable members of the Church (Vicars, Deacons, Archdeacons, Pontiffs, etc)

Tell me what you guys think!
    You are amazing.

Anyone know this game?

I can't see the video, only the black play bar. Clicking the start button does nothing though.

Last edited by Mister Scarecrow; November 28, 2016 at 05:48 AM.

The bb codes sucks so much

What posts do people need from me?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Here are 3 more parables, (I finished them first, because you guys really seem like em ) tell me what you guys think!

The Parable of the Horned Whale: There once was a Zora who was madly in love with a girl. She was his everything but he had not a sapphire to offer her. However, he had heard tales from the Deku merchants that the moon itself wept tears of pure sapphire. Every night he would swim out to meet the moon, but it was always just over the horizon and he could never reach it. Whenever he swam out to greet the moon as it touched the tip of the water, he always found himself lost in a great fog.
    However, the Zora would not give up. He sought out the speaking Island and asked for his help. He offered the Island all his possessions in return for taking him out past the horizon. The Island accepted his offer and began to lead the small Zora through the fog. But a rogue current swept the Zora away from the Island and the he was knocked unconscious.
    He awoke to find himself in a cavern next to a great beast. At the beast’s feet sat his would be bride. The beast spoke in a voice as strong as an earthquake, yet as soft as a whisper.
    “She has come for the same purpose as you.” The beast stated and offered up two masks, one of the sun and the other of the moon. “When the power of self is gathered in sound mind, that in when I shall move.” Without another word, the Zora took the hand of his bride and together they kneeled to the beast. Though it was not much, they offered up a small fish to the beast as sacrifice.
    The beast saw their sacrifice as well as their combined faith. So with a loud roar, he caused the fish to grow until they could not carry it any longer and turned it loose into the water. Still it grew until it was the size of a house. A horn sat upon it’s head and it bowed to the beast. The Zora called him Gyorg, meaning horned Whale. Upon his back, they sailed on to the horizon bound together in the power of Termina for all time.

Parable of the Twinmold: In a time before words, there was naught but sand. It swept and sunk without any reason. This was the perfect home for a great sandworm. He was free to roam as he pleased and he was completely unaware of all that was around him. Until one day, the great beast descended from the sky. He was disappointed by the lack of self all the people of this world displayed. However, just before he abandoned this world to its fate he happened across the Sandworm. He was confused by the creature. “How can you act so freely when all others are so bound by lies?” The beast asked. “It is not the Golden ones that dig my holes, nor do they feed my belly. I am me, and that is my power.”
    The beast was awestruck. Perhaps there was hope for this world after all. But it was all for nothing, as the fool’s gold found them. With the power of untruth they attempted to drag the beast away. The worm, without delay, sacrificed itself so that the beast might escape. The worm was shattered in two, even still it rose again with two heads. That is until the giant of old, in league with the fool’s gold, shattered the worm.
    The beast was moved completely by the worm’s sacrifice. He gathered up the shards of the worm and breathed life into them. He called them Garo, which meant favored child in Termanic. He demanded that they build a temple to the worm and against the Fool’s gold. They built it until it almost touched the heavens with passion and vigor for their master. The beast declared their land, holy and all was good. Until the Golden Lies returned…. With their blinding light, they turned the tower upside down so that all the Garo would fall into the sky.
    The beast, would not allow his children to be destroyed, so he pulled the Garo and their temple into Termina, only to return when the Fool’s Gold had left this world.
    Though this story is of much debate among the Termanic scholars, we do know that the land of modern day Ikana is considered to be the most holy place in all of Hyrule.

The Parable of the Lost Child: In the depths of the forest, there was a child of the skull. He had become lost many years ago and now he wandered the forests. That is until he met a giant. The giants were enthralled by one so tiny, yet so bold. So they took him in. But the child’s mischievous nature got the better of him. He began to play and joke with the nearby town. But the giants were oppressive of the townsfolk. They saw that the child was becoming popular with the townspeople. So they had him banished. The child was heartbroken and he returned to the forest no longer knowing who he was. One day, he found the interloper. Who offered him the power of the beast. Not knowing that you must first be sound of self before claiming Majora’s power, the child took the power.
    But the revenge and hurt was too deep within his heart and the power turned to chaos. He lost every sense of self and instead was overwhelmed by the emotions of a God. His Discipline masked, his madness incarnate, and his Wrath unfettered.
    With the Beast’s power, he attempted to bring down the moon upon the town in the ultimate act of revenge against the giants. He did this, because that is Majora’s heart and plan for this world, but against the Fool’s Gold, not the giants. However, the Skull Kid was foiled by the very giants he sought revenge against. He was not sound of self and he could not overcome them.
    Some say Majora drew him into Termina, others say the giants crushed him. Either way, his tale is a tale of caution to the unbeliever who seeks to harness Termina.

Alright, I think now the Rescue group should wait for a GM post from Vilgefortz.

Also, no offence mate, but I miss the times when I could just call you Bastard

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

you can still just call me that, I'll know who you're talking about

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Here are 3 more parables, (I finished them first, because you guys really seem like em ) tell me what you guys think!

The Parable of the Horned Whale: There once was a Zora who was madly in love with a girl. She was his everything but he had not a sapphire to offer her. However, he had heard tales from the Deku merchants that the moon itself wept tears of pure sapphire. Every night he would swim out to meet the moon, but it was always just over the horizon and he could never reach it. Whenever he swam out to greet the moon as it touched the tip of the water, he always found himself lost in a great fog.
    However, the Zora would not give up. He sought out the speaking Island and asked for his help. He offered the Island all his possessions in return for taking him out past the horizon. The Island accepted his offer and began to lead the small Zora through the fog. But a rogue current swept the Zora away from the Island and the he was knocked unconscious.
    He awoke to find himself in a cavern next to a great beast. At the beast’s feet sat his would be bride. The beast spoke in a voice as strong as an earthquake, yet as soft as a whisper.
    “She has come for the same purpose as you.” The beast stated and offered up two masks, one of the sun and the other of the moon. “When the power of self is gathered in sound mind, that in when I shall move.” Without another word, the Zora took the hand of his bride and together they kneeled to the beast. Though it was not much, they offered up a small fish to the beast as sacrifice.
    The beast saw their sacrifice as well as their combined faith. So with a loud roar, he caused the fish to grow until they could not carry it any longer and turned it loose into the water. Still it grew until it was the size of a house. A horn sat upon it’s head and it bowed to the beast. The Zora called him Gyorg, meaning horned Whale. Upon his back, they sailed on to the horizon bound together in the power of Termina for all time.

Parable of the Twinmold: In a time before words, there was naught but sand. It swept and sunk without any reason. This was the perfect home for a great sandworm. He was free to roam as he pleased and he was completely unaware of all that was around him. Until one day, the great beast descended from the sky. He was disappointed by the lack of self all the people of this world displayed. However, just before he abandoned this world to its fate he happened across the Sandworm. He was confused by the creature. “How can you act so freely when all others are so bound by lies?” The beast asked. “It is not the Golden ones that dig my holes, nor do they feed my belly. I am me, and that is my power.”
    The beast was awestruck. Perhaps there was hope for this world after all. But it was all for nothing, as the fool’s gold found them. With the power of untruth they attempted to drag the beast away. The worm, without delay, sacrificed itself so that the beast might escape. The worm was shattered in two, even still it rose again with two heads. That is until the giant of old, in league with the fool’s gold, shattered the worm.
    The beast was moved completely by the worm’s sacrifice. He gathered up the shards of the worm and breathed life into them. He called them Garo, which meant favored child in Termanic. He demanded that they build a temple to the worm and against the Fool’s gold. They built it until it almost touched the heavens with passion and vigor for their master. The beast declared their land, holy and all was good. Until the Golden Lies returned…. With their blinding light, they turned the tower upside down so that all the Garo would fall into the sky.
    The beast, would not allow his children to be destroyed, so he pulled the Garo and their temple into Termina, only to return when the Fool’s Gold had left this world.
    Though this story is of much debate among the Termanic scholars, we do know that the land of modern day Ikana is considered to be the most holy place in all of Hyrule.

The Parable of the Lost Child: In the depths of the forest, there was a child of the skull. He had become lost many years ago and now he wandered the forests. That is until he met a giant. The giants were enthralled by one so tiny, yet so bold. So they took him in. But the child’s mischievous nature got the better of him. He began to play and joke with the nearby town. But the giants were oppressive of the townsfolk. They saw that the child was becoming popular with the townspeople. So they had him banished. The child was heartbroken and he returned to the forest no longer knowing who he was. One day, he found the interloper. Who offered him the power of the beast. Not knowing that you must first be sound of self before claiming Majora’s power, the child took the power.
    But the revenge and hurt was too deep within his heart and the power turned to chaos. He lost every sense of self and instead was overwhelmed by the emotions of a God. His Discipline masked, his madness incarnate, and his Wrath unfettered.
    With the Beast’s power, he attempted to bring down the moon upon the town in the ultimate act of revenge against the giants. He did this, because that is Majora’s heart and plan for this world, but against the Fool’s Gold, not the giants. However, the Skull Kid was foiled by the very giants he sought revenge against. He was not sound of self and he could not overcome them.
    Some say Majora drew him into Termina, others say the giants crushed him. Either way, his tale is a tale of caution to the unbeliever who seeks to harness Termina.
    I need to use these for Mike. Holy hell these are great.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Enjoyed reading these! Not so much a fan of The Horned Whale. It feels like you're working too hard to put in stuff from Majora's Mask, like the Turtle Island, the fog in Zora coast and Sun/Moon masks. And for Twinmold, I'm a little confused - so the Garo were created after Twinmold was destroyed, but in MM the Garo are already ghosts when Link goes through? I like the references to the 'Fool's Gold' though
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Enjoyed reading these! Not so much a fan of The Horned Whale. It feels like you're working too hard to put in stuff from Majora's Mask, like the Turtle Island, the fog in Zora coast and Sun/Moon masks. And for Twinmold, I'm a little confused - so the Garo were created after Twinmold was destroyed, but in MM the Garo are already ghosts when Link goes through? I like the references to the 'Fool's Gold' though
    Thanks! As for the Horned Whale one, I tossed in a bunch of MM references yes haha. The Turtle one, I just tossed in there. It has no real bearing on the story and was only added as both an Easter egg and to show that putting your faith in things other than Majora would get you in trouble.

As for the Sun and Moon masks, there is a more important reason they are there. In the church of Majora, marriage is not only allowed but encouraged. The Sun/Moon masks are significant to Termanic Marriage for three different reasons.

1. They signify that the couple should be in constant chasing after each other, just as the sun chases after the moon.

2. They signify eternity of union. Just as the Sun or Moon is always in the sky, so shall they forever be together.

3. The last significance is for an actual practice of the Termanic family structure. In most religions of Hyrule either the male or the female is the head of the household (Depending on the culture.) However, with the Termanic church it is more dynamic. The spouse who is chosen to be the Sun will be the head of the household, and the one chosen to be the Moon will be the support structure of the household. These positions are chosen by the church through a series of tests of will and strength after a declaration of marriage is made.

As for the Twinmold one, the Garo returned to Hyrule during the reign of Gustav after the Goddesses had just left Hyrule. The Garo returned to Hyrule because the Goddesses had left (Leaving the Triforce behind) This fulfilled Majora's promise to Twinmold. However, they came up against Ikana who had claimed their chosen land. This resulted in Majora orchestrating the events of the Ikanian civil war. However, when Igos converted the Kingdom to Majora, Majora let their kingdom be saved by Termina. Due to the constant traveling between Termina and Hyrule, the Garo were warped into ghost like creatures by the Termanic energies. (The same energies that made Ikanians look like Skelemans)

@All
    Im very sorry, but due to a family house-selling decision at short notice I'll be caught up in preparations until the end of Tuesday. Normal service will resume after that, but for now if you need information or a post from me, try steam or send a message via Matt.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

Slow month for everyone?

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, my finals are this week and the next so I have been really busy, sorry.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Scarecrow View Post
    Slow month for everyone?
    Yeup. Installing a shitton of new Cisco equipment at work and crunching down on Security+.

Also, will be going back for a masters starting next year. I might disappear until I get back into the swing.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Okaaay, what with the pre-Christmas rush, deadlines and exam seasons, we might have entered a multi-cave situation here. Nonetheless, here's what we need:

@Desert
    Just about anyone can contribute right now. If nobody is willing, can Ath move us along a bit?

@Forest
    Feud and Ath, can you post? Otherwise I may have to let the Gohma swarm your Fairy unopposed.

@Rescue
    Feud, we need to know whats happening to Kalian and Silias. Matt or Thatman, can you respond to Gaia back in the prison section?

@Shadow Temple
    The only person to have reacted to your GM's last post has been Scarecrow. If anyone is in some position to post, can they do so?