Thread: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

Default Re: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

^
    How I imagine him in a decade or three

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Scarecrow View Post
    ^
    How I imagine him in a decade or three

As a pure blooded Hylian, Gildford Jansen De Fritz III would never take on an appearance such as that. I mean, what kind of pure blooded Hylian would ever wear open toed sandals like that?

Welcome to the thread Thatmanoverthere! Glad to see more players and hope you have a great time with us.

Here is a possible character idea for a character.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Username: Mewjora

Name: Elvina or Majorina

Race: Great Fairy

Abilities/Special Training: Though she was stripped of most of her powers by Tarm itself, she retains some minor great fairy magic. (However, it only has the ability to help and never harm.) She draws most of her power from the ebb and flow of Termina, as such her powers come and go depending on how many Majora followers she surrounds herself with. With no followers, she is not much more than a crazy woman with wings. Her main power is the fact that she is immune to most every form of magic, a byproduct of the curse Tarm placed on her.

Weapons: Due to the fact she was used to being immortal, she is rather awful with weapons (She once threw her sword at a Dodongo.) Her sword is a corrupted fairy sword, that always returns to her.

Personality: She can be rather ditsy. She is very bipolar, constantly flipping between being sweet as candy, and "DIE DIE DIE!"

History: Elvina was once a great fairy of Tarm. She aided the Kingdom of Hyrule and cared for its people. That is until the rise of Hylia... Hylia was displeased with the fairies and their abilities, believing herself to be a God, beings that were just as powerful as her, made her angry. So she had all the fairies hunted down. Most of the Sprites fled to the forest to live among the Deku Tree. But there were many who were not so lucky. They were put in cages and the smaller ones were put in bottles.

Elvina couldn't stand for the injustice to her own kind, so she conjured up all her power and attempted to stop the Hylians. However, she found that her power only healed the wounds of the Hylian company. She threw her sword at a Hylian but it ended up in a tree. After, fleeing she was completely discouraged. She had let down all her friends.....

But she did not give up! She heard stories from the land of Ikana, far to the south. Stories of magics and power that could overcome the Golden Goddesses acolytes. After she took the long journey all the way to Ikana, she was surprised to find absolutely nothing in the canyons. Nothing more than ruins, with not a soul to occupy them. The Kingdom had completely vanished. She spent several days searching the ruins for some form of clue as to what had happened. That was when she found it.... A shard of the legendary Majora's Mask. A Mask made from the bones of a massive beast and imbued with all the swirling chaos of Termina. It had been worn by "Majora's Voice" the nameless man who seduced the Kingdom of Ikana. It seemed that the mask had been fragmented when he sacrificed himself to the Mad God, in order to complete the ritual and cast Ikana into Termina.

Elvina, not knowing what she had found, picked up the fragment curiously. Almost instantly it began to turn her. She felt a power like she had never felt before. All her powers for good had suddenly become evil. She returned to Hyrule with these powers many years later and began to go on a killing spree of the townsfolk. It wasn't long before the Tarminions found out about a corrupt fairy, running rampant across the countryside. They dragged her back to Tarm to be judged. Tarm's punishment for her was a compete strip of her powers and she was made mortal. He then sent her back to Hyrule to be executed as a peace offering to Hyrule.

However, on the road back to Hyrule, the company that kept her, was ambushed by Majora followers. They killed the guards mercilessly and freed Elvina. Elvina felt empty inside without Tarm's powers. But around these people, she felt a new purpose. Majora had taken the place of Tarm and her persona split. She took on the name Majorina and clutched her mask fragment tightly. She became enthralled by the idea of a Hyrule without the influence of deities and that was the world Majora provided.

Themes: Elvina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gf90k_3-xA
    Majorina:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAWTsvWAp4
    Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN9oUFi_sO8

Other: She can take on the appearance of a mortal woman at will.

Not sure what group or arc she would fit into, I just saw that picture and I felt like I had to write something haha.
    Last edited by Mewjora; November 19, 2016 at 01:40 PM.

@Thatman
    All good! Now, where were you planning on starting off? We have 3 groups that could accept a new member fairly easily:

--Desert Group, where a band of Darknut auxiliaries are just entering a town near Alosus, overtaken by internal conflict.
    --Rescue Group, where a small force of Hylians and Ordonians are attempting to free prisoners from a Moblin warband.
    --Forest Group, (which is only just starting back up after a months-long hiatus) where a few adventurers are being set upon by a small Gohma swarm.

Additionally, there's some basic history from the previous couple arcs of this RP, which is pretty common knowledge:

--Just over 200 years ago, Majora manifested into Hyrule and dragged the Goddesses down to the mortal plane as well. He also brought Ikana in with him, to act as an invincible (sort of) army under his command.
    --Ordona was crushed by Ikana's military might, and has only very recently staged a successful rebellion. Free Ordonian forces are thinly stretched and barely trained, but they're holding on.
    --Majora has agents and cells just about everywhere, and various nations and races are reacting differently to his presence.
    --Hyrule is just now facing a large civil war. Control of the Kingdom is split between Sheikah-controlled loyalists and the disillusioned Hylian nobility.
    --There's no Zora, no Gorons, and very few sentient Moblins or Lizalfos around. For now, at least. Lanayru is currently controlled by an independent River Zora empire.

@Mewtwo
    If you could dial back the power levels a little bit, Elvina would do fine. (I have a bit of a problem with multiple names per character, but that's just me). Where did you want to put her?

Although, didn't you have a character in the Desert group for a while?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Thatmanoverthere

Welcome to our little group. Pleasure to have you.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Welcome Thatmanoverthere, and just in time, as we've just move the forum/rp to here. It'll be a pleasure to rp with you.

Oh, and Mewjora, I thought I did mention you? I referred to you following after them - though admittedly I didn't mention the lantern you'd pulled out or your statement, though I thought the others would react to that - but I figured that the major focus should go over Onirix's sudden disappearance since it was... well... a rather sudden disappearance.

*EDIT*

Okay, I edited the post a bit to give you more details, such as for Legato.
    Last edited by Nergali; November 19, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

@VictorAYorke
    I think my character would end up with the Rescue group, not be design of course, but by sheer chance of selling items, of course.

@Dragus
    Thanks, can't wait to rp with you.

@Avatar of the Ice Wolf
    The pleasure is all mine, good wolf.

@Nergali
    It will be a pleasure to RP with you as well, good sir.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I mean, the rescue group is out in the middle of open steppe/plains (or badlands even? I feel like some called them badlands) where Blin tribes rule, aren't they? I feel like the only characters that would be there are the characters that are there now for the explicit purpose of saving Farln...

Unless I guess your merchant fellow is another prisoner.

Uuh guys, I have no idea what to do now. Should we go with Onirix gone for good? Or is bri coming back?

See here:
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    We'll allow the Shadow Temple end of Oni's abduction to stand. If we bring the character back, we can just have him reappear in thye same flash of light and nobody asks questions... =D

Just waiting on Nerg now.

BTW, I have an idea for you guys.... If we could get enough reliable posters together, we could start a new group of Majora allied characters. That would open up PvP on a bigger scale and give characters an enemy. I feel like it could spice things up. However, I'd have to get you guys on board..... In the meantime, I could get started on fleshing out what it means to truly follow the Mad God....

If I had you guys permission (And help and input), a Termanic Codex could be on the way?

I don't think PvP works very well in this format. My few run-ins with it gave me the sense that it could turn into an endless affair of "dodge, attack", especially if neither player is willing to eventually concede.

About Termina and Termanic Codex, well I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but I think it's nice if Termina is "up in the air" - it's another realm of existence, we know as much about it as we do the Shadow Plane or Sacred Realm. It's all conjecture. If you approached it from a "here are what different people say" style, I'd agree with that. I had always thought if someone brought up Termina to Tantalis or asked what the Sheikah thought of it, he'd probably say the idea that Termina "is Hylian hell" is "not quite truthful."

When I say Termanic, I'm not actually going to gospel explain how it is. I'm saying I am going to try and shed some light on what Majora followers believe and the Orthodox that they follow.

As well, when I say PvP, I mean not as much as "Lightning attack!" "Dodge!" I'm saying, have characters at odds with the consensus of "We all agree that Majora sucks!" and actually have player forces working to bring about victory for the mad God. Aside from the ROFL stomp that is awaiting him at the moment.

ROFL stamp? Hyrule's in quite grave danger

But yeah, I see what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Mewjora View Post
    Just waiting on Nerg now.

BTW, I have an idea for you guys.... If we could get enough reliable posters together, we could start a new group of Majora allied characters. That would open up PvP on a bigger scale and give characters an enemy. I feel like it could spice things up. However, I'd have to get you guys on board..... In the meantime, I could get started on fleshing out what it means to truly follow the Mad God....

If I had you guys permission (And help and input), a Termanic Codex could be on the way?
    I think I can. Probably. Not sure if I'll bite more than I chew, currently running 2 characters + 1 minor baggage and still planning to take over one of Reapy's since it's related to the aforementioned 2 and the guy's probably not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Scarecrow View Post
    I think I can. Probably. Not sure if I'll bite more than I chew, currently running 2 characters + 1 minor baggage and still planning to take over one of Reapy's since it's related to the aforementioned 2 and the guy's probably not coming back.
    As GM, I have to say that if any of your characters go down in quality or post frequency as a result of having too many characters, then I may need to do something. The RP rules technically allow me to have a character killed off, but I'm much more inclined to park them or send them on an errand until posting ability returns. No need to make a good character idea go to waste, and all.

Or in other words, if you discover you're biting off more than you can chew, get in touch and we'll work something out. I would advise you to be cautious about how many characters you make in the first place, though.

@PvP
    The Old Guard are probably the ones to talk to about that, PvP was pretty common at one point. The key is to never autododge, at all. If people want to tryhard to take down another player, and don't accept any compromise, then that's a problem for your group GM or for me.

@Terminian Codex
    I agree with Feud, a text on how Termina works would need to be handled very carefully. I'd say go ahead with it for now, and we'll see what shape the codex forms.

Termina as Hyrule's hell is in our canon btw. Avi ended up writing a pretty interesting post on his Darknut character's personal 3-day cycle.

Finally, it's been canon that Ikanian characters (if killed) relive the 3 days of their civil war again, after which they respawn in the Canyon. It seems to be the same Groundhog Weekend they were trapped in since their original imprisonment.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

I apologize for my absence, my finals are coming up and my Spanish teacher is trying her best to drown my class in homework, I will post for Stabber and Silias tonight.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

As GM, I have to say that if any of your characters go down in quality or post frequency as a result of having too many characters, then I may need to do something. The RP rules technically allow me to have a character killed off, but I'm much more inclined to park them or send them on an errand until posting ability returns. No need to make a good character idea go to waste, and all.

Or in other words, if you discover you're biting off more than you can chew, get in touch and we'll work something out. I would advise you to be cautious about how many characters you make in the first place, though.

@PvP
    The Old Guard are probably the ones to talk to about that, PvP was pretty common at one point. The key is to never autododge, at all. If people want to tryhard to take down another player, and don't accept any compromise, then that's a problem for your group GM or for me.

@Terminian Codex
    I agree with Feud, a text on how Termina works would need to be handled very carefully. I'd say go ahead with it for now, and we'll see what shape the codex forms.

Termina as Hyrule's hell is in our canon btw. Avi ended up writing a pretty interesting post on his Darknut character's personal 3-day cycle.

Finally, it's been canon that Ikanian characters (if killed) relive the 3 days of their civil war again, after which they respawn in the Canyon. It seems to be the same Groundhog Weekend they were trapped in since their original imprisonment.
    Well mine's noticeably downhill even now but that's more because of the lack of things to post. There seems to be very few can be done at a time before I need to wait another's reaction.

Had a downward spiral of self-loathing for a few days there (includes lots of anime) but I'm back on the horse, posting shortly

@Thatmanoverthere,
    So did you decide where you want your character to appear? Victor's a bit busy, so I've been tasked with getting you settled in somewhere. Do you wish to have your character be a prisoner in the Blin camp?

@Nergali and Athreon,
    I know you two have been quite busy, but when you have time, do please consider continuing the Gohma grind.

@PvP
    That takes care of my concerns then.

@Terminian Codex

I'm not disputing that, so much as saying that might not be the entire truth. Why do people go to Termina? Do all people go to Termina? Are humans supposed to go to Termina? Etc.

I think Tantalis at least would suggest that those faithful to the Goddesses (and those who follow their tenets) are supposed to enter into the Sacred Realm after death (more akin to reaching attaining nirvana than heaven though). Getting sucked into Termina sounds most explainable as a metaphysical reality through the fact that Majora's presence and influence on the mortal plane is greater than ever (while the goddesses are supposedly turned into mortals, hiding in the temple of time?).

In Termina do people relive the same 3-day cycle over and over again? Do they ever get recycled out? That would make Majora an inevitability. Like that makes him more powerful than Chaos in the Warhammer Fantasy universe..

On the obverse, entering the Sacred Realm after death ("attaining the golden", perhaps?) being similar to reaching nirvana (freedom from cycles) is a nice contrast to Termina.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; November 23, 2016 at 03:27 AM.