Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: HTW RP OOC - Part 3

IIRC last winter was pretty slow too. I think we'll all start filtering back in as it warms up.

Nerg, could you explain where our characters actually are? And what their surroundings are. I get there are some Golems around, but aside from that I am a tad confused....

Am I alone in this? Dragos? Scarecrow?

I am... just as lost. The transition between GMs wasn't all that smooth.

I saw Mewjora's post which mentioned you guys entering a room with tombstones and a blue light, so I tried to transition you to... but it looks like Mewjora deleted what he wrote and replaced his post with "null".

If that post is no longer meant to be canon, I'll rewrite mine then.

I'm completely happy with wherever you guys would like to have us be. I'm not yet sure if we left the magic-jamming area into a tombstone room or if we're in a different place now, but whatever you two would like to work out works for me.

I just figured that Mewjora's posts superseded my own since he started this little dungeon adventure, so I attempted to link the two areas.

Oh, I was not aware that was your intent. For continuity's sake, we can continue with your room Nerg.

Ok, I'll rewrite my post when I have a chance, just to make the flow better.

Okay, uh, while I'm in the midst of getting my stuff together to move, who needs a post from me?

Also, is the Desert arc good to timeskip to day now?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Ok, did the rewrite, and included a hint about the statue's weakness in the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergali View Post
    Ok, did the rewrite, and included a hint about the statue's weakness in the notes.
    Emeth?

Well just think about the one defining feature that has been mentioned about the statues several times, the sole feature on their otherwise featureless face.

Yeah, I should be posting shouldn't I?

There's some casual Hylian racism to keep you all going.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

So how bout that breath of the wild?

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    So how bout that breath of the wild?
    I haven't the console (or the available funds to procure one), so it's not for me...

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

@BotW

Switch babble/review below:

Personally, I love it.

All respect to Neph in the HTW threads, but calling it his "legit least favorite Zelda game other than Triforce Heroes, which I refuse to play on principle" is just ridiculous. The worst thing it does is potentially make some lore theories debunked. And to be honest, trying to make theories canon is why SS was such a bust. It also mentions Hylia more than I'd like, but I can stomach that. Also, it is hard. If you think "I am a long time Zelda fan, I got this nailed", then I would count the minutes until your first death.

It is also pretty as hell, and there is so much freedom. Like, not just 'go anywhere', but in the structure. At one point I turned around just on a hill and saw- well, not to spoil. But in any other triple-A game it would be given an intro sequence and a soundtrack. Instead, it was just... there. It felt so natural, and like I was the intruder. Which, I guess I was.

The lore is held with quite a bit of respect. Gerudo still have laws about men, and only give birth to males once every 100 years. Sheikah are more Japanese Ninja than Hashashin, but what can you do. Haven't met Goron yet, and only just met Rito.

I especially love how cynical the attitude to the whole "princess/hero/ganon" thing is. Potential story spoilers. Like, nothing you wouldn't get through following about 10% of the story missions or over analysing the trailers like I did, but still:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basically, the whole thing has happened so much that it's become a routine. So at some point in the past, the Sheikah and Hylians started preparing for it (perhaps too much). A hundred years ago, Link was 'chosen' to be the 'chosen one' based on his general ability to hack at something with a sword. Instead, they got minced for a variety of reasons, and Link was put into cryosleep to be reawakened later.

Basically, it's less about prophecy and more about an individual's journey to become the hero he needs to be. This is accentuated by the fact the game can hypothetically be beaten with minimal of the usual Zelda stuff, like no tunic, no Epona, no Master Sword. Rather than in TP and OoT, where the world is stacking the deck in Link's favour to make it feel less like an accomplishment and more like just doing the Goddesses' chores for them, it feels like your own victory when you finally make it happen. Or at least, when I finally make it happen. Played for about 20 hours, so laughably far from anything approaching completion.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

So, I'm posting this from a completely new rig. I figured that, since I'll be on a pc regularly again and this has been moved to a more hospitable forum, I might come back. How have things progressed in my absence? Is it worth bringing my guy back or would we have to do too many mental gymnastics?

So, I'm posting this from a completely new rig. I figured that, since I'll probably be on a pc regularly again and this has been moved to a more hospitable forum, I might come back. How have things progressed in my absence? Is it worth bringing my guy back or would we have to do too many mental gymnastics?

Edit: You know, I look at this forum and my old work and I just can't take it seriously. I thought maybe I should come back, but now that I look at things, it seems like drudgery. RPing and fanfictions and all that just don't do it for me anymore. My heart just isn't in it. It seems too "nerdy" or juvenile. I don't mean any offense by that statement. If this brings you joy, then do it, and don't be ashamed of what someone else thinks. I just felt that I should give an explanation before disappearing again.

I'll probably hit yall up on steam after I get done with downloading the metric butt-load of games I have. But yeah, Brihentin has left the building.
    Last edited by Brihentin13; March 15, 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Free Kekistan

Quote Originally Posted by Brihentin13 View Post
    So, I'm posting this from a completely new rig. I figured that, since I'll be on a pc regularly again and this has been moved to a more hospitable forum, I might come back. How have things progressed in my absence? Is it worth bringing my guy back or would we have to do too many mental gymnastics?

So, I'm posting this from a completely new rig. I figured that, since I'll probably be on a pc regularly again and this has been moved to a more hospitable forum, I might come back. How have things progressed in my absence? Is it worth bringing my guy back or would we have to do too many mental gymnastics?

Edit: You know, I look at this forum and my old work and I just can't take it seriously. I thought maybe I should come back, but now that I look at things, it seems like drudgery. RPing and fanfictions and all that just don't do it for me anymore. My heart just isn't in it. It seems too "nerdy" or juvenile. I don't mean any offense by that statement. If this brings you joy, then do it, and don't be ashamed of what someone else thinks. I just felt that I should give an explanation before disappearing again.

I'll probably hit yall up on steam after I get done with downloading the metric butt-load of games I have. But yeah, Brihentin has left the building.
    Hello, and, goodbye I guess.

I'll generally be around on steam any time you want a chat.

EDIT:

Vilgefeud, I-A, THJ, Ath, and anyone in the shadow temple who isn't Mewtwo. You're up.
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; March 15, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Ah okay, I thought I was being waited on but... well..

Either I can wait for Silias and/or the Rangers to post, or I can just resolve the whole issue in a summary post and move things along. That's how I see it. Eisenherz and Farln can be progressed forward but the thing is they're essentially scot-free and I don't see what more there'd be to do for them right now. I'm thinking the best option would be to just jump us out of this mission and into whatever comes next, unless Avatar wants to roleplay out his rangers coming to save the day?

In the forest.. What staff is this escaping gohma holding? I feel so confused. I'm gonna read back..

Just checked with Matt, he says go ahead and move the Rescue arc to the aftermath. I'll need to check with Avi.

@Forest
    I gave the Manifest a staff. (i think theyre supposed to have staffs anyway) The wounded Gohma won't get far with it, and won't be able to do anything with it. What happens to it is up to the characters.