Thread: How Heavy Bune moving?

Default How Heavy Bune moving?

I just bought a complete set of Shogun 2 and played small naval battle to familiarize myself with the interface etc. My fleet consisted of two ships: Medium Bune and O Ataka Bune, the enemy ships Heavy Bune and Sengoku Bune. The problem is how enemy ships behave. The enemy moving into the wind. What surprised me is the lack of paddles in both the enemy ships. Although Sengoku Bune has a sail but then he drifted into the wind and the sail was not set (but ship swam fast). On the other hand I do not understand how Heavy Bune moving which has neither oars nor sails. What this is about?

Default Re: How Heavy Bune moving?

1. The Developer of the game decided to give Sengoku Bune 38% of top speed even if sailing against wind. This is idiotic, but perhaps its because the AI cannot comprehend wind direction from the older game, so to avoid it they just goes "whatever". Trade ships are worse, having 78% of top speed windward. There is a mod so ships can't sail upwind.

2. Heavy Bune use oars. It disappeared on the latest patch, the Developer forgot about it, and don't mind about fixing it. There is a mod in Steam Workshop to fix this, go for it.

Default Re: How Heavy Bune moving?

Thanks for the help!