Thread: How to Bypass the SEGA logo/Introduction Video without "-nm" (with Modfoldered Installation)

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default How to Bypass the SEGA logo/Introduction Video without "-nm" (with Modfoldered Installation)

In the title basically. I was sitting struggling with modding RTW Alexander/BI/Vanilla for the purposes of adding a new animated background menudrop, and yet remove the annoying SEGA logo and vanilla Introduction videos that pop up at every launch. Bar deleting the files from the core game or adding the "-nm" command, I was stumped for a fix - how to remove the intro videos yet keep the ingame cutscenes/animated menu etc.

However, I realised a quick fix that will allow the game to bypass the introductory videos, going straight to the main menu (meaning that you don't need to tamper with the core files, and keep your mod fully modfoldered).

It's simple really. You just need to create a text file called descr_fmv, add it to your mod/data folder, and in this file add the following lines;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    skip data/fmv/ATVI_Spinning_Logo_640x480.wmv
    skip data/fmv/rome_title.wmv

Or whatever name the video is in your installation. Alternatively, you can remove just the logo/intro video by only implementing the respective line into the text file. The correct file should look something like this;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PS - This has only been tested with RTW Alexander. I can't guarantee it will work for BI or Vanilla Rome (but if it does, let me know).

Hope this is of some help to modders out there
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; October 11, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Bypass the SEGA logo/Introduction Video without "-nm" (with Modfoldered Installation)

Great find!