Thread: Feedback and my impressions of the game

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Feedback and my impressions of the game

Hello Fall of the Eagles team!

First of all, thank you for making this mod. I enjoyed playing. Here's my feedback from playing my first campaign as the Eastern Roman Empire.

1. The mod is too easy. I found that public order isn't a problem at all, and it's too easy to get money. Without any effort, you have loads of money and can build everything. This makes it less of a challenge. In the vanilla campaign, it's much harder because public order is worse, and you must really think carefully about what to build as funds are limited. I think the mod needs to make it a little bit harder to get money. So that you have enough to maybe build two or three buildings at most a turn and maybe a few units, at first. Then as you build up the economy, you start to get more money.

2. The start units are a bit too barbarian. Yes, I understand the concept of the game. I appreciate that from a story-telling point of view, starting with the lowest units and working up makes for good game play. But in my first battle, against the Visigoths, I found it a bit too extreme that my army entirely consisted of barbarians and peasants. Not a Roman in sight. The empire's decline was never that extreme. It's a bit OTT. Don't get me wrong - I do like some of the new units, especially I loved the look of the Comitatenses unit that you get in city defence battles (they wear white and carry round shields and swords and wear helmets. They are something a bit similar to a hastati unit).

3. That's all for now. I'm still at a very early stage and had only a few hours to play last night. Will keep playing and looking forward to uncover more features of this mod. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

Default Re: Feedback and my impressions of the game

1. FotE doesn't make any changes to this, but I imagine you're using EP alongside FotE in this case? If that's the case, I'm well aware of this and I've been working on an update to address this issue. I'll be releasing that update in a week or two.

OP,

What difficulty are you playing on?

I am planning trying the mod just for the remake overhaul of the ERomans....that in vanilla they totally disappointing...
    Are the above statements valid? Is FoE making the campaign so much easier....or is it something mainly EP mod changes...?
    Where do these mods...separate exactly?

EP is mostly campaign stuff. FotE is mostly battle stuff.