Thread: Solved - Why are my units invisible?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Solved - Why are my units invisible?

Playing this mod on Attila for the first time, I have a problem: the units are invisible. I can't see any units. I can order them to move, the unit cards appear, and they even kick up smoke as they move... but the units are invisible! Why is this happening? Is there a solution?

I subscribed to the units pack and the base game on Steam, and I followed the instructions and unzipped the pack to the specified folder... why isn't it working? I'm not using any other mods. I tried to play as Empire of Nicaea against Turks. Both armies were invisible. My computer is using Windows 8.

Edit - I found the solution. This issue is fixed by simply unzipping the mkmodels file into the Atilla data folder again. Apparently it's caused by the steam subscribe files overwriting the pack. It is now working fine - thank you!
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; October 11, 2016 at 03:55 AM.

Default Re: Solved - Why are my units invisible?

Hi, I have the same problem, but my downloaded mod files have the .exe ending. How to "unzip" those .exe files, of they were installed. Any advice here?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Solved - Why are my units invisible?

Those 2 are installers. Just install them. Its bit slow, so just wait when it stuck at 33%. If your game isn't installed in C drive, change the installation directory in the installer.