Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Hey Litharion, do you happen to plan on making the AI more inclined on initiating siege battles? It can get very tiring when you have to wait 10 turns for your ally to start a siege or if you never get to do a siege battle. Is such a feature easy to implement?

oh crap sorry, I thought my first message didn't send xD I would delete my first message but I"m not sure how to do that here >.<

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carstein View Post
    Have you also thought by any chance to make the AI more aggressive during sieges? By that I mean that they are more likely to attack a settlement so I don't have to wait over 10 turns for the AI to raze/sack a settlement
    We will look into it. Definitely makes sense with the walled T3 cities and garrison upkeep.

If you are close to release, you should hit up some youtubers. I think they'd be pretty keen to do some previews.

Hey guys,

I've got a few questions concerning your mod :
    First, could you give an example of the effect that a wounded LL has on its faction ? Is it only public order issues ? Does it spawn a rebellion ? Lowers your income ? ^^
    I see you will give T3 settlements walls. In vanilla, only Bretonnia benefits of this IIRC. What about allowing minor settlements to upgrade to T4 and giving these T4 walls for every faction excepted Bretonnia ?
    About more building slots, you only mention 3 towns getting 10 slots. Weren't you bothered to mention the other ones ? I feel like Couronne, Castle Drakenhof or K8P could also use 10 slots
    How does the political system of the Empire work ? Is the fact that a count supports KF based on the relations we have with him ?
    At a moment you were talking about allowing other counts becoming Reiksmarshal and stuff like that; did you manage to do it or not ?
    Crynsos has managed to make many startpos mods compatible together, are you in contact with him ? I'd love to play your mod when it's out but i'd also hate to have to get ride of Regiments of Renown or the Empire of Man mods :x
    And out of curiosity, how big is the mod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leri_weill View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got a few questions concerning your mod :
    First, could you give an example of the effect that a wounded LL has on its faction ? Is it only public order issues ? Does it spawn a rebellion ? Lowers your income ? ^^
    I see you will give T3 settlements walls. In vanilla, only Bretonnia benefits of this IIRC. What about allowing minor settlements to upgrade to T4 and giving these T4 walls for every faction excepted Bretonnia ?
    About more building slots, you only mention 3 towns getting 10 slots. Weren't you bothered to mention the other ones ? I feel like Couronne, Castle Drakenhof or K8P could also use 10 slots
    How does the political system of the Empire work ? Is the fact that a count supports KF based on the relations we have with him ?
    At a moment you were talking about allowing other counts becoming Reiksmarshal and stuff like that; did you manage to do it or not ?
    Crynsos has managed to make many startpos mods compatible together, are you in contact with him ? I'd love to play your mod when it's out but i'd also hate to have to get ride of Regiments of Renown or the Empire of Man mods :x
    And out of curiosity, how big is the mod ?
    First an example of the LL wounded effect for Karl Franz, every LL has a unique effect bundle applied to his faction when wounded. There will be no rebellions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The walls are introduced to make it possible to defend against the numerous horde incursions. T4 cities are not planned for minor settlements for now.
    Building slots, there are a few more cities like K8P, but we kept it down to a minimum. There is room for more. Drakenhof might be an options when we work on the VC blood mechanic for Phase II.
    Political System: The political system is tied to your diplomatic relations with the Provinces of the Empire, so you can try to buy political influence via diplomacy. There are various mechanics that work together to really make dealing with the Electors of the Empire more meaningful including Dilemmas/Incidents and a civil war with every empire province participating either on your side or on the side of the usurpers. Every aspect of it is based on lua scripting.
    As I mentioned earlier I can not modify the office system to allow other faction's Characters in it. It is possible to assign titles or offices with scripted events, but this is not planned for Phase I or II.
    Startpos compatibility issues are to be expected. Maybe we are able to add some compatibility tweaks for the RoR or Empire of Man mods with the first release.

The mod size is currently about 40 MB.

Here is a short overview on how the Empire Political System is implemented:

Great work man! The political system seems good.

I noticed that Mousillon become a separate province from Lyonese and there is Moot elder in the screenshots. Do you have any plans to separate Mootland from Averland and maybe the other Bretonnia dukedoms?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by geochime77 View Post
    Great work man! The political system seems good.

I noticed that Mousillon become a separate province from Lyonese and there is Moot elder in the screenshots. Do you have any plans to separate Mootland from Averland and maybe the other Bretonnia dukedoms?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    There are no plans to further divide Bretonnia. The Mootland requires a new set of units/buildings etc. the dwarf model without a beard might work, but they probably lack the animation required to to create a decent halfling faction.

Semisalis

Hi Litharion,

Have always loved your work. Waiting on this with bated breath!
    KK
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    First an example of the LL wounded effect for Karl Franz, every LL has a unique effect bundle applied to his faction when wounded. There will be no rebellions.

The walls are introduced to make it possible to defend against the numerous horde incursions. T4 cities are not planned for minor settlements for now.
    Building slots, there are a few more cities like K8P, but we kept it down to a minimum. There is room for more. Drakenhof might be an options when we work on the VC blood mechanic for Phase II.
    Political System: The political system is tied to your diplomatic relations with the Provinces of the Empire, so you can try to buy political influence via diplomacy. There are various mechanics that work together to really make dealing with the Electors of the Empire more meaningful including Dilemmas/Incidents and a civil war with every empire province participating either on your side or on the side of the usurpers. Every aspect of it is based on lua scripting.
    As I mentioned earlier I can not modify the office system to allow other faction's Characters in it. It is possible to assign titles or offices with scripted events, but this is not planned for Phase I or II.
    Startpos compatibility issues are to be expected. Maybe we are able to add some compatibility tweaks for the RoR or Empire of Man mods with the first release.

The mod size is currently about 40 MB.
    Thanks for the detailed answer Litharion! Talking about Empire of Man/Crynsos Overhauls/RoRs, it would be awesome if these mods were compatible with Endless War but don't feel obligated to do so, especially on first release.
    While I'm here, may I draw to your attention the Building the Empire mod, giving you more options to build up a province with the Empire, which is currently boring and binary. The mod creator has had some great ideas which could inspire your team. This combined with the Empire of Man mod makes playing the Empire enjoyable, and almost feel like Med II because of all the cheap units you can muster from non military buildings to answer to an unexpected threat (Hunters, Bowmen, different kinds of worshipers)!
    Oh and a very very minor thing: I always found it stupid that Flaggelants and Free Compagny Militia were recruited from the Barracks. Do you have any plans for that, like for example recruiting Flaggelants in the first level of Temple of Sigmar and Free Compagny Militia in the first level of the Inn? But this would make Flaggelants Tier 3 units, and might requier the creation of a Tier 1 or 2 worship building, like a Small Altar of Sigmar or stuff like that, giving almost no bonuses and only allowing to recruit Flaggelants. Anyway, that's a lot of talk for a small issue
    Last edited by Leri_weill; March 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

While I can understand why, thematically, it might be cool to have flagellants recruited from the temple buildings, I would worry that moving flagellants to a very expensive tier-3 building instead of the tier 2 barracks building would remove any incentive to use flagellants at all in the campaign. Flagellants are, in my opinion, an early game unit that does not benefit from many of the tech upgrades that make state troops (swordsmen, spearmen) viable in the mid-late game. Putting a very large up-front cost (upgrading your settlement and building the very expensive worship building) on building flagellants would make them unavailable in exactly the time-frame in the campaign when they are most useful. By the time you would get access to flagellants, they would not be a very useful unit to have in your armies. It would be kind of the same problem that Dwarf Slayers face: they are decent units, but the campaign cost to recruiting them is very high (the Slayer building is hugely expensive) so I rarely use them in the campaign until very late. But, Slayers are actually good in the late game for fighting Chaos and monsters; flagellants have no such use.

That's why I suggested having one more building in the Sigmar temples chain, 1-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5 instead of 3-4-5 at the moment, with the tier 1 or 2 building being really cheap, granting 1 or 2 Chaos and Vampire corruption reduction and access to Flagellants only (not priests). But I'll live happy even without this minor feature

Quote Originally Posted by Leri_weill View Post
    That's why I suggested having one more building in the Sigmar temples chain, 1-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5 instead of 3-4-5 at the moment, with the tier 1 or 2 building being really cheap, granting 1 or 2 Chaos and Vampire corruption reduction and access to Flagellants only (not priests). But I'll live happy even without this minor feature
    Actually the idea to introduce small shrines T1 and T2 is a good one.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

So uh... it seems like every time Litharion gets close to releasing this CA releases new content.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    So uh... it seems like every time Litharion gets close to releasing this CA releases new content.
    hehe, actually there is another reason for the delay as we recieved full permission to use this "little" beauty within Endless War. We need to redo the startpos and get everything integrated.

I think it will be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    hehe, actually there is another reason for the delay as we recieved full permission to use this "little" beauty within Endless War. We need to redo the startpos and get everything integrated.

I think it will be worth it
    Looks nice. Can you tell us the completion status of the various mod components?

Great work so far! Can't wait to start new campaing with this mod!

I don't know if you still take suggestions guys and what exactly the scope of Endless War is gonna be, but I feel like giving you a list of mods I use that could be awesome if implemented:
    The Green Knight, actual protector of Brettonia : This adds the Green Knight in the garrison of three towns (Couronne, Carcasonne and Bordeleaux) when you build their unique building. The GK is also made stronger with each worship building built in the realm.
    Trident for Alberic with vanilla helmet : Pretty self explanatory, the lore states that he has a trident and in game he hasn't.
    Better Artifacts : Also self explanatory. This mod makes items and especially the legendary ones worth trying to get. The vanilla legendary items especially, are underwhelmingly lame.
    Starting Traits Remastered : While some traits might be a bit unbalanced, it makes generals and heroes more unique and useful. Let's be honest, vanilla starting traits are 95% of the time useless
    Unit formations : Gives vanilla units the ability to switch between different formations.
    Wood Elves aversion to Chaos : Don't know if it has been fixed since release, but this mod prevents Wood Elves to be friendly to Chaos.
    Building the Empire : I guess I've annoyed you enough with this mod and I know you're reworking the Empire a lot, but still
    Empire of Man by Mixu : Another mod I've already annoyed you with, makes the game feel a bit more Med 2 as you can get units from a lot of buildings. Mixu has made a specific barracks building for each Empire province; what you guys could do is also add a specific Defense/Wall building, so that each province gets a unique garrison out of it
    Tenacious Skill Points : Concerning skill points, I use a mod giving 2 skill points per level to Lords and 2 per level from level 18 to heroes. This doesn't allow you to get every skill with a Lord, but allows you to focus on more than one line (especially wizard fighters who can have 4 lines).
    Happiness matters : I like the concept of the mod. If your population is happy, they give you more money.
    Better Trade : Overhauls trade.

Once again, these are just suggestions and most of these mods would work with Endless War. I don't know what you plan on to modify so I threw every mod I liked, but still. Can't wait to play Warhammer with your mod ^.^
    Last edited by Leri_weill; April 02, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

This mod looks absolutely incredible. If you need help with testing, further ideas or some implementation I would be happy to help.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast