Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul (new preview 24/12/2016)

Litharion, idk if this is part of your plan or not, just curious, but are you planning on implementing the bretonnia trait system to other races too? I haven't heard of any modder working on that currently.

Also, forgot to ask this one, I read that only the newly added beastmen tribes spawn more often. What about the existing beastmen factions? I really dislike it in the vanilla game how I literally never see malagor or morghur because the beastmen just get stomped on in the early game and even if they reappear, it's always khazrak again. that's also why I'm very fond of the idea that the beastmen LLs get spread out to 3 seperate factions. But I know that's a lot of work if it's not already part of your plan, just sharing my opinion

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Thank you all for the support and interest for the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Arayel View Post
    Hey Litharion,

First up..amazing work. No wonder you DEI guys win so many awards, this is incredible.

However it presents me with a problem that I'm hoping you might be able to help me solve. I play with a custom start pos of my own creation that moves some LL's around the map and makes things a little more interesting, spreading the power/love across more factions than vanilla. I build this in the assembly kit and as yet have not found an obvious way to load an old version back into the kit when it gets updated, starting from scratch (sort of, it does give me the yellow...we 'fixed' these fields markers). Which is where the problem lies. Now I've seen this mod I'm not sure I will be able to play without it, especially as it grows in the future...however I don't see any way that I can seemingly combine yours with mine.

So do you know any way I might be able to do this?

Thanks
    There is no easy way to combine startpos, the only option is for me to release our startpos changes as a source for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carstein View Post
    Litharion, idk if this is part of your plan or not, just curious, but are you planning on implementing the bretonnia trait system to other races too? I haven't heard of any modder working on that currently.
    It looks like a lot of people actually like the new trait system, however there is no easy way to port the system. To implement it for other factions a lot of traits have to be done from scratch. We are currently only 2 people working on the mod and it will certainly take time.

Alrighty, yeah I imagined. I hope CA introduced this system with Bretonnia just to test it out and implemented for all their other factions in the near future

I would gladly offer to help in any way I can but sadly I am still very new to modding x)

Itīs probably too much to ask for an estimate on the modīs release date no?

Either way, I am super excited about this and I check this page every day haha xD Youīre doing a fantastic job!

Alrighty, yeah I imagined. I hope CA introduced this system with Bretonnia just to test it out and implemented for all their other factions in the near future

I would gladly offer to help in any way I can but sadly I am still very new to modding x)

Itīs probably too much to ask for an estimate on the modīs release date no?

Either way, I am super excited about this and I check this page every day haha xD Youīre doing a fantastic job!
    Thank you, we did some more startpos changes and take a look at the final politics UI for the Empire.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regarding a release date, the problem is that we want to add a lot of additional features to the mod which will not be save game compatible. We are still not sure if it is a good idea to release the first version and we might break save games with an update.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Would the Empire political system still function if the provinces were made playable? Such as CA making Middenland playable, or modders.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Hmm well I can only speak for myself, but I think that since this mod is changing so much, itīs worth starting a game from the beginning. Itīs an entirely different experience in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Thank you, we did some more startpos changes and take a look at the final politics UI for the Empire.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regarding a release date, the problem is that we want to add a lot of additional features to the mod which will not be save game compatible. We are still not sure if it is a good idea to release the first version and we might break save games with an update.

Personally, I want to play it as soon as possible, and wouldn't be bothered by having to restart for every update. That said, you only get one chance to launch the mod.

If you were to launch a basic working version ASAP, how soon could that be?

How long would it be to launch with the full set of features?

Hi Guys. I've been trying to figure out how to add a faction of my own and was told you may be able to help. If you'd be willing to take some time and fill me in on how it's done I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hit me up on Steam: karlhunt

Do you happen to be in need of alpha/beta testers by any chance?

Do you happen to be in need of alpha/beta testers by any chance?
    I actually like the idea of a small beta before release.

I think I can make a version available for you in a week or two. If you are interested, but beta testing can always be a bit of a fun killer especially if some bugs break the game

Update:
    will join our small team and will start developing a unique building tree for Kemmlers faction.

Mod Features:

Endless War - Release Phase - I

-> Empire Politics
    A political system for Karl Franz:
    Political dilemmas and incidents will heavily influence your political standing with the other provinces of the Empire, gain the support of the Cult of Sigmar and Ulric to stabilize your rule. If you ignore the provinces and fail to lead the Empire with diplomacy, an empire wide civil war might break loose. Build the Imperial Palace in Altdorf as symbol of your leadership.

-> In the Old World, only war is a constant
    Endless War features about 20 new horde factions with the ability to reappear. Watch Towers and Ranger Outpost can warn you in advance about imminent horde threats. Completely new horde factions, like chaos warbands and rogue necromancers will try to bring destruction to your lands.

-> New playable Factions

- play with Waaagh! Azhag as unique Orc horde faction
    - play with Mousillon and bring terror to the peasants of Bretonnia
    - play with Karak Kadrin lead by the Slayer King himself
    - play with Heinrich Kemmler as an Undead horde faction and join his quest for Arcane Knowledge to grow even stronger than Nagash himself!

-> Waaagh! - the one true git (Greenskins mechanic)
    The Orcs will use a new special resource called Waaagh!
    -Only if you are recognized as a powerful military leader, stronger Orcs will join you forces. Gain Waaagh! points by crushing your opponents in battle. A high waaagh! score will grant powerful bonuses to your faction.

-> Gromril (Dwarf ressource)
    Also known as Meteoric Iron or Star-Metal, is considered by many as one of the strongest and most valuable metals in the whole of the Warhammer World, rivaled only by the most ancient and powerful of Chaos Armour. Gain Gromril by exploring the depths of your mountain holds.High concentrations of Gromril can be found near the lake Black Water.

-> Additional building slots and buildings
    -- The most renown cities of the old world are granted additional building slots
    (Altdorf, Mousillon, Middenheim, Karaz-a-Karak)
    -- All T3 minor settlements will be granted walls
    -- Garrison buildings will cost upkeep to maintain

-> Bretonnia:
    -- tweaked the peasant mechanic, the less peasant you recruit the bigger your farming income.
    -- without peasant armies, bretonnians economy will generate more income!
    -- Horde Armies within your regions will decrease your chivalry
    -- reworked bretonnians recruitment tree, barracks are now gone and not needed to recruit men at arms

-> Other changes
    -> AI recruitment priorities are redone and based on Celtiks work, with his permission.
    -> Later and stronger Chaos Invasion
    -> Norscan Fleets will constantly harass the coasts of Bretonnia and the Southern Realms
    -> Legendary Lords Wounded effects when a legendary lord is wounded negative campaign effects based on the LL are applied to your faction.
    Last edited by Litharion; March 08, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Yeah of course, I understand. But I'm completely fine with that ^^ I'd be glad to help!

Wow, I love those features! You guys are geniuses And I really love what you've done with Kemmler!

Oh and if you want my steam ID then it's: SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Well done! It's looking really amazing.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Awesome

That sounds absolutely amazing. Do you have any plans for expanded gameplay mechanic for Balthazar Gelt and Volkmar the Grim? I am interested to see if you have any ideas that could represent the Supreme Patriarch and the Grand Theogonist in any fun ways. Cheers!

Oh and if you want my steam ID then it's: SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY
    Thank you, I will contact you either on twc or steam soon regarding the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermarch View Post
    That sounds absolutely amazing. Do you have any plans for expanded gameplay mechanic for Balthazar Gelt and Volkmar the Grim? I am interested to see if you have any ideas that could represent the Supreme Patriarch and the Grand Theogonist in any fun ways. Cheers!
    As you have noticed, this is the first step and foundation of the mod. There are a lot of additional plans for the future. Right now we needed to make a cut and focus on finishing Phase I.

There is quite a huge list of things we want to add to the game, but we finally want to release a version and take in feedback and suggestions for future development.

I can't wait to see where you go from here, phase 1 looks excellent.

Have you also thought by any chance to make the AI more aggressive during sieges? By that I mean that they are more likely to attack a settlement so I don't have to wait over 10 turns for the AI to raze/sack a settlement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast