Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Default Re: The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire (new preview 28/11/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post

Da Biggest and Da Strongest
    - Orcs like strength and fighting for the biggest Boss around. As any Orc faction your aim is to be the strongest Boss around.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Oh cool - just as it should be! How does this work/what does it do?

Since confederation is gone, does it makes other greenskins more likely to vassalise or something?

Anyway, super keen!

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire (new preview 28/11/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvas View Post
    Oh cool - just as it should be! How does this work/what does it do?

Since confederation is gone, does it makes other greenskins more likely to vassalise or something?

Anyway, super keen!
    There will be an effect applied to the mechanic, diplomatic and fightiness. The strongest Orc Lord get's positive effects, the other small negative effects. The stongest Orc is determined by rank and battles won/lost. The global fightiness bonus to his faction represents how Orcs are drawn to the mightiest Boss around. The mechanic is scripted as well.
    Last edited by Litharion; December 03, 2016 at 03:31 AM.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

These changes look so awesome! Great work!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Just a small update, it will be possible for the Empire to trade regions based on events and original ownership. So when you take Averheim for example and are allied with Averland, an event will ask you if you would like to transfer the region back to Averland if the faction is not at war with you of course.

I hope I can preview this in a few days.

Just a small update, it will be possible for the Empire to trade regions based on events and original ownership. So when you take Averheim for example and are allied with Averland, an event will ask you if you would like to transfer the region back to Averland if the faction is not at war with you of course.

I hope I can preview this in a few days.
    Kudos! That is a serious breakthrough and will help all modders.

Sadly I could not finish this before Christmas, we encountered various issues after updating for the latest dlc and I lost focus on finishing one task at a time and started various other additions to the mod. Instead of focusing only on the Empire, the mods aim is now to expand gameplay mechanics for more factions. The first release will be 0.1.
    Including the Empire Politics Overhaul and a new Orc Waaagh mechanic. Both factions are now enabled to use the new resource mechanic introduced with the last dlc.

This is the current to do list for the first release with estimated hours of work needed.

To do List for 0.1:

Empire Politics: 24h+
    - ImperialPalace Building effects, texts and scripts
    - Ulric, Sigmar, Mootland scripts and events
    - Political Choices base events
    - Civil War ends event message
    - add campaign effect based on number of influence
    - region trading for the Empire

Legendary Lords Wounded: 2h+
    - add Wood Elves Legendary Lords
    - fix and balance effects

The one true Git: 8h+
    - balancing add food cost to technology, units and buildings
    - tweak waaagh mechanic

Later and stronger Chaos invasion: 4h+
    - spawn armies for all Beastmen faction as well
    - unit composition

Last edited by Litharion; December 23, 2016 at 08:01 PM.

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul (new preview 24/12/2016)

The first new campaign mechanic is finally released. The Greenskin factions now are enabled to use WAAAGH! as their secondary currency.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AAGH!-Resource

Hey Litharion, this mod looks very promising and I like the features so far. I still use your AI recruitment mod for Rome 2 even today and it was a great source of inspiration for me to make a new recruitment priority system for the AI in Warhammer, as well as an improved build order for all factions. Link to my mod here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=761596200

What I'm saying is that you can include it or parts of it in your mod if you want. I can also offer my help and work on the AI recruitment or spawned armies composition for your mod. Let me know and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Celtik; January 06, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtik View Post
    Hey Litharion, this mod looks very promising and I like the features so far. I still use your AI recruitment mod for Rome 2 even today and it was a great source of inspiration for me to make a new recruitment priority system for the AI in Warhammer, as well as an improved build order for all factions. Link to my mod here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=761596200

What I'm saying is that you can include it or parts of it in your mod if you want. I can also offer my help and work on the AI recruitment or spawned armies composition for your mod. Let me know and keep up the good work.
    Thank you for your kind words. I happily accept your offer.

Not exactly something script related but anyway. I remember somebody here explicitly asked for something like this and as we are expanding the scope of the mod, we think it would be fun to play as an Undead horde faction.

still some work that needs to be done, but we are getting there and yes Heinrich Kemmlers horde base is a ruin and he is allowed to take human settlements and give up his nomadic life style.

Credits for the implementation to Larkinger.

Development is progressing a bit and with the small waaagh ressource release I was already able to add something unique to the Orc campaigns, even though the system is not too well received.
    Last edited by Litharion; January 09, 2017 at 03:54 PM.

Thank you for your kind words. I happily accept your offer.

Not exactly something script related but anyway. I remember somebody here explicitly asked for something like this and as we are expanding the scope of the mod, we think it would be fun to play as an Undead horde faction.

still some work that needs to be done, but we are getting there and yes Heinrich Kemmlers horde base is a ruin and he is allowed to take human settlements and give up his nomadic life style.

Credits for the implementation to Larkinger.

Development is progressing a bit and with the small waaagh ressource release I was already able to add something unique to the Orc campaigns, even though the system is not too well received.
    Ah, that was me! Looks amazing Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wow fantastic! I was struggling with making a Kimmler Horde Faction. You just made my day.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Any progress? :o Eager to see more of this!

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Any progress? :o Eager to see more of this!
    there will be more soon. We are making progress and getting close to the first release.

You love those teaser images , they're great. Can't wait to see what you bring out.

That is awesome! Can't wait.

Azhag gets his own horde too? Definitely going to be my go-to mod.

You said in the preview that the horde faction are able to conquer regions based on the regional occupation mechanic of the main game. Does this apply to the Azhag and Kemmler factions? Or just the reemerging ones?

Can settled factions become hordes like in Attila?

Azhag gets his own horde too? Definitely going to be my go-to mod.

You said in the preview that the horde faction are able to conquer regions based on the regional occupation mechanic of the main game. Does this apply to the Azhag and Kemmler factions? Or just the reemerging ones?

Can settled factions become hordes like in Attila?
    Azhag and Kemmler can take settlements. Settled factions can not become hordes by choice. If you lose your settlement as Kemmler or Azhag you will be a horde again.

Anything new since last update? I'm always wanting more info about this mod

How does the Old World Edition impact the release time of 0.1?

Anything new since last update? I'm always wanting more info about this mod

How does the Old World Edition impact the release time of 0.1?
    as the old world edition will most likely be the last major patch, the best time to release the mod will be soon after the patch I assume

I will rework the OP this weekend with the final preview for version 1.

This looks mind-blowingly fantastic!!! Amazing job! Looking very forward to this gem I just have one question. Is there any chance that campaigns of the old world works with your mod? There are certain aspects in that mod that I really love so I wanna know if it could cause problems to have
    Use both

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast