Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Please include the 'deeper faction naming' style mod... It pains me to see generic culture names for factions.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Please include the 'deeper faction naming' style mod... It pains me to see generic culture names for factions.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't it be better if it didn't so if someone did not mind/preferred generic culture names for some factions they would not be forced to have deeper faction naming, allowing those who do want deeper faction naming to simply download and use that specific mod of their own accord?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

The Host of the Lichemaster will include a unique tech tree, buildings and campaign mechanics.

some preview pics can be seen here -> http://imgur.com/a/zViqU

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    The Host of the Lichemaster will include a unique tech tree, buildings and campaign mechanics.

some preview pics can be seen here -> http://imgur.com/a/zViqU
    So awesome! Really looking forward to this.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

In regards to suggestions do you think it would be possible to give every (non-Horde) race the Wood Elves' outpost mechanic? I think that's a realistic compromise between CA's vision to prevent steamrolling (region control) as well as a Total War player's desire to secure their borders.

The problem with vanilla region control is that you get these large swathes of land that are deserted and you have an extreme disconnect between your homeland and your armies far off in foreign lands. I think CA realized this and implemented the Wood Elves' outpost system as a test, but are too busy now to go back and add it to everyone else. It would make sense to leave garrisons in strategic positions to provide supplies and defense to nearby armies on campaign or to procure a resource that was being produced there. I don't think these outposts should be walled, though.

The only exception to this way of thinking would be Hordes since their entire life moves with them.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Thank you for making the factions unique! I love the Greenskin Mechanic! Finally they won't be a boring vanilla horde like Chaos and Beastmen! the same with Empire's political system! Can't wait for it's release!! +rep

Also for a suggestion, can you see if it's possible to make unique actions for agents in each faction (Chaos sorcerer converts general of the empire without cash bribe)?

Hey Litharion,
    Any news about what you've been working on lately?

Any news?

Also eager to hear news!

The waiting is killing me :s
    But I'm sure it only means the team is adding more and more features!

With Total Warhammer 2 announced for September what will that mean for this mod's development? I imagine it's going to affect the startpos a lot.

Sorry for the lack of news, but I was incredibly busy lately. We are still working on the mod.

Regarding the Outposts for all: There is a mod doing it and it should work fine with EW. We can not get the Outpost mechanic to work without flaws so it won't be added for now. In general our approach will be to stay compatible to as many mods as possible. Basically startpos and scripting are out, but we will definitely make Cataphs faction's playable with EW.

Currently we are focusing on tweaking the Kemmler Faction as Beta feedback suggested it was too easy to play with him. Politics is still not 100% finished but close. Scripted Region Gifting and the ability to revive dead empire faction's from ruined cities was added in before the long break as well.

We want to bring out a version as soon as possible, but it should be fun to play and with the features we want for our first release.

Glad to hear this project is not dead. I'm really looking forward to the first release

That's great to hear! Was worried for awhile there. Looking forward to a release.

Nice! Not dead!

Our take on Krell. He will be available as Legendary Lord for The Lichemaster faction. Further more he will bring additional mechanics to the game.

An Old Friend?

Not a Necromancer!

Looking great!

Fantastic to hear that work has continued onwards, I am looking forward to playing Empire that has some flavour to it, I am currently using the other 'Legitimacy' mod that is available on the Workshop but it is quite basic in implementation. My only concern (and it is just singular) is how well this mod will interact with the excellent Legendary Lords mod by FrostyDemise, his work really gives all of the LL some flavoursome boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Turanien View Post
    Fantastic to hear that work has continued onwards, I am looking forward to playing Empire that has some flavour to it, I am currently using the other 'Legitimacy' mod that is available on the Workshop but it is quite basic in implementation. My only concern (and it is just singular) is how well this mod will interact with the excellent Legendary Lords mod by FrostyDemise, his work really gives all of the LL some flavoursome boosts.
    The Legendary Lords mod should be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    The Legendary Lords mod should be compatible.
    Oh Lordy, thank you Litharion!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast