Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seven Kingdoms - Official Screenshot & Media Thread

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Default Re: Seven Kingdoms - Official Screenshot & Media Thread

Amazing!
    So there will be campaign?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Winterfell from the Battle of the Bastards

Is that custom building models already includes collisionmodel and garrisonable EFLines? In another words, is that Winterfell keep a new building in the db instead of a simple model replacement of existing building?

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Is that custom building models already includes collisionmodel and garrisonable EFLines? In another words, is that Winterfell keep a new building in the db instead of a simple model replacement of existing building?
    Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    It's part of the "Battle of the Bastards" map I created for our Historical Battle scenario. The layout and scale of the map were built to accommodate this scripted land battle (and multiplayer, to a certain extent), so Winterfell is more a background prop than a central siege location in this version. I do plan on making a full Winterfell map in the future.

The complexity of Winterfell's design (rounded, cramped, multi-layered) make fully-functioning siege battles very difficult. It will take me several months of testing and exploring to see what's possible with the current toolkit. It sounds like you know what you're talking about based on your question, so if you have any experience or insight creating custom models you can garrison or optimizing siege AI for these cramped castles, please let me know -- I could use the help! Just started creating maps for Attila a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Blick Mang View Post
    It sounds like you know what you're talking about based on your question, so if you have any experience or insight creating custom models you can garrison or optimizing siege AI for these cramped castles, please let me know -- I could use the help! Just started creating maps for Attila a few weeks ago.
    It can be said that I have insight about how it works on several levels - but I am personally not a modeller nor mapper. I'm more of a db guy. This is why I rather help supplying people with materials I have that hopefully will help to achieve modding breakthroughs on ship and buildings modding. Recently I supplied several S2 raw data and scripts to Mr. Jox, and it seems promising for tool developments.
    I just excited at your great-looking Winterfell, that's why I'm wondered if its an entirely new building with its own ID.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; July 06, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

Greatly appreciate you helping Mr. Jox, it appears he has it working. This knowledge opens up many doors, thank you!

Do you have any idea how background tiles work for custom maps? I can get one tile working (for example, ONLY hill tiles), but there are seams in between, with water. Is this handled exclusively in Ted or is separate scripting / work required?

Here's probably the best Battle of the Bastards gameplay we'll be seeing. Its interspersed with some really nice shots from the show.

Gameplay Videos including Season 7 Spoilers

This is the second episode in my series that is all about possible battles that could happen in Game of Thrones Season 8! I LOVE this mod! Wonderful work by the devs!

Check out the land battle map at 0.138, 0.237 (the co-ordinates automatically turn into 0.138, 0.235 for some reason).
    It's a Stonehenge map that you could use for a "Battle for the Dawn" scenario where all the heroes are defending against hordes of wights.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Check out the land battle map at 0.138, 0.237 (the co-ordinates automatically turn into 0.138, 0.235 for some reason).
    It's a Stonehenge map that you could use for a "Battle for the Dawn" scenario where all the heroes are defending against hordes of wights.

I'll definitely check those coordinates out! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry if this comes across as pushy or something, but what is being worked on rn? There hasnt been much of anything really since the MODDB comment shutdown.

The mod is no longer being worked on -- too busy with work, school, girls, and other real-life stuff.

Sorry all!

This is the next episode in my possible battles that could happen in Game of Thrones Season 8 series! Let me know who you think will go to war in Season 8! P.S. Thank you to Caligula for the coordinates for this battle!

In this episode of the Game of Thrones Season 8 perspective battle, we find the Dornish army facing a splintered Lannister force! Who will win?

Another episode in my possible Game of Thrones Season 8 battles! The Night King has reached Winterfell! Will Jon Snow be able to survive the army of the dead?
    Last edited by zachman1201; November 30, 2017 at 12:43 PM.

Another episode in my series of possible battles that could happen in Game of Thrones Season 8! Almost an hour long battle!

the next part of my game of thrones season 8 battles is here!

The next episode in Game of Thrones Season 8 series!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast