Thread: Proposed Additional Units

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Proposed Additional Units

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:49 PM.

Artifex

Default Re: Proposed Additional Units

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

Visarion, try moving the materials from the criticism thread to this one.

Also, I'm working on Early Byzantine naval units. Could you give information on Prosalentai, Gasmouloi, and Tzakones appearances in their capacity as seamen? Also, did the Varangians ever fought as marines in some naval engagement?

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Merged again for redundancies.

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: More cluttered posts I'm condensing. Also you posted the same pictures at least twice. Use the edit button please.

Ew. Osprey Illustrations.

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

All of this is really interesting. Don't get me wrong but this image and the ones like it are Orthodox hagiographies so it is normal for the Saints to be unmounted.

Also at the late era Byzantium didn't have enough money to have a big cav. force yet it didn't got dissolved. Most probably the wealthiest ones still used horses.
    Still, you did really good work gathering all these pics.

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Getting tired of the post spam, use the damn edit button.

Random sidenote: from my reading in Doukas (and other sources), the Venetians had a special link with the Byzantines towards the end, so instead of just calling them generally "Allied Crossbowmen", maybe they could be Ventian Crossbows, and then also have Venetian armed merchant ships as medium warships recruitable in the late period.

Also in terms of primary resource references, the Byzantines existed for a hundred years or so just by playing vying Turkish forces off each other (claimants to the throne, etc), so the late Byzantines should have the option to recruit either faction-specific mercenary Turkish units, or just be able to recruit them as "allied Turkomans", etc.

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Getting tired of the post spam, use the damn edit button.

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:46 PM.

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:46 PM.

Okay, this has gone far enough Visarion. I'm closing this thread and at least cleaning up some of the others you've made. You keep spamming pictures, many of which are Osprey ones which aren't supposed to be posted here! And upon deleting some with the merging you've posted some of the pictures at least 6 times! And most of these pictures we've seen before multiple times! WE KNOW. I understand you probably want to help, but you're not being helpful you're being annoying now, even if they're your own threads, that's no excuse.

EDIT: Case in point, you just posted the same damn picture TWICE. It's literally the same thing, you don't need to post twice for every soldier type!

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

OK, we need a serious clean up here. I am giving you a chance to remove the Osprey images. We do not allow them for the very good reason Osprey are or have been very protective of their image rights.

Please go through and remove them or we will do it and rest assured if we have to, it will be with accompanying penalties.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I am reopening the thread so that Visarion can remove the Osprey pictures as he is more than willing to do that.

Artifex

Ty. Sry guys it won't happen again. Done.
    Last edited by Visarion; October 21, 2016 at 05:49 PM.

I'm closing this thread again because there's nothing even in this thread now and Visarion has opened more specific threads for his research.