Thread: So how's it going on with Parthia ?

Default So how's it going on with Parthia ?

As we all know, the expansion of the Parni tribe (led by Arsaces) was based on the fact that many Seleucid satrapies started breaking off, allowing them to assert power in the region. Now, since these Seleucid satrapies don't break away anymore, how do you stand a chance at expansion as Parthia ?

Default Re: So how's it going on with Parthia ?

One trick is to join wars against a satrapy, I believe that doesn't draw you into war with the whole block.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

It's true, it doesn't. But usually it's really time inefficient because it takes the spy ages to form a diplomacy with the faction that you want to 'help'. It's a challenging campaign, all things given that it has a rather unique military with all the mounted skirmishing tactics that take a waaaay too heavy toll on the frail economy of the tribe.

Using the 'join war' trick helps - wait for some poor schmuck to end up at war with the Seleucids, then offer to help them against only one satrapy at a time. They'll be grateful, and you'll snipe some clay.

If you don't want to do things the slightly cheaty way, though, you can head north and beat up the scythians and the like; it won't be easy, especially early on, but it can give you some territory to work with.

Civis

The way I beat it was to mop up the scythians + bactria and expand north ( after you got bactrias rich and safe territories); after that grow your economy build a nice treasury for atleast 3-4 full stack armies and prepare for the big war.
    You will fight all satrapies at once including the Seleucid Empire. Blitzkrieg the first 2 settlements ( I chose the western region to your capital and the southern one) and block them by liberating them ( the enemy will have to delcare war and capture it before having a route to you) while you invade and slowly but surely expand south towards former taxila lands.
    The war lasted long enough for Rome to reach the borders of Asia Minor, but that is what it to took until I grinded all satrapies+selucidstacks and started a war with Galatian Asia Minor.
    Also had war with the arabs at the same time but that's offtopic.

As a side note, we are still looking into doing something to have the satrapies rebel, this new update to the game just sidetracked various things.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----