Thread: Some help would be appreciated

Civis

Default Some help would be appreciated

Hi All,

First off I have been looking around the forums for an answer to my question for the past thirty minutes, so if it is indeed out there please accept my sincere apologies.

And now to my question.

I have been trying to increase the number of buildable musketeers, and the amount of time required before new ones are recruitable, but without any luck .

Help and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Benjamin

Default Re: Some help would be appreciated

I suppose it isn't intuitively obvious. The lines you want to edit are in the EDB (export_descr_building.txt). The recruit line looks like this:

Code:
                    recruit_pool "Musketeers"  1   0.5   4  0  requires factions 
    { spain, portugal, milan, venice, }  and event_counter gunpowder_discovered  1
    That 0.5 is what you want to edit. This effects the "recruit pool replenishment" rate. The higher the number, the faster it fills. I put it at 0.2 and was generating a new musketeer every three turns. At 0.9 I as getting about one a turn. I think at 0.5 you get one more every three turns or thereabouts. Play around with it.

The 4 is the size of the "recruit pool". I don't know if there is a limit. Most recruits don't get a pool bigger than 6 but mercenary recruits go as high as 12 in some places.

Civis

Default Re: Some help would be appreciated

Hi Dismounted Infantry,

Thank you very much for your help.

I did indeed play around with the EDB, and noticed the difference in the lines compared to RTW, but I did not know what the additions were. But thanks to you I now know.

Again thank you,
    Benjamin
    Last edited by Benny_DK; December 19, 2006 at 09:48 AM.