Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Kingdom of Sicily

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Kingdom of Sicily

I dont care much for unit names. Like many others here I am more concerned with character models.

Then play a mod based in the 11th to 12th century. That's out of our time period.

This mod is full of early medieval units. And didn't you just say Norman knights are there already?

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    This mod is full of early medieval units. And didn't you just say Norman knights are there already?
    Normans would be part of the Sicilian nobles. To make a distinction between both is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    Normans would be part of the Sicilian nobles. To make a distinction between both is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I dont care much for unit names. Like many others here I am more concerned with character models.

But sadly I can sense the seeds of hostility and defensiveness in this conversation. So, my humble apologies for posting a humble suggestion. Keep up the great work with the mod. Its fantastic.
    Last edited by prithupaul; January 19, 2017 at 06:47 AM.

Would slapping more masked Norman helms suffice for you?

Brand-new units with new name is something else though...

It was a deliberate choice of mine to keep the Norman influence to a minimal, especially since the archetypal Norman equipment was well before the starting year of the mod. The choice is arbitrary in both name and equipment. The only difference I see is some slightly different name changes and some slightly different helms, again, they wouldn't be the more well known ones since those were not as common in the late 1100s.

Finally some helpful and sensible replies. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Would slapping more masked Norman helms suffice for you?
    I will take it! For the Sicilian Nobles (Early) at least. Is there some easy way I can add it in myself locally without "ruining" it for everyone? (The only TW modding I have done is editing unit stats).
    Last edited by prithupaul; January 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Beautiful units, love the mix. For another what-if scenario for Sicily: Any chance we could get a Tier 2 (High Era) German meaning Staufer King of Sicily? And maybe also a Knightly Retinue of the Duke of Swabia (like the ones northern european duchies have), because Swabia cant be portrayed on the attila map?

In general maybe some late german units. Otherwise the Staufer go almost lost in a time where Frederick II Stupor Mundi brought the high medieval HRE to its pinacle. Or did I miss something, are the Staufers in power somewhere else (as an option for the HRE)? Or is there some hidden ressentiment against the Staufers .

Im generally curious as to how the HRE and specifically the Staufer/Guelph conflict will be portrayed. I think the start date is well chosen because with a civil war in the HRE it can be portrayed within attila diplomatic mechanics without just being a huge blob of vassals. Was that the idea? But I guess I'm going slightly off topic. Has this already been disscused somewhere else?

Anyway am looking forward to play as Sicily.

that are the is a Sicily medieval 2 norman helmets great work

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

So I have updated the OP of this thread with a couple new general's bodyguard units(Ghibelline and Guelph bodyguards) for Tier 1 and a redone version of the Tier 2 King of Naples with a new more accurate look for the King and some new tier 2 surcoats. Which will be added across the board to the tier 2 Italian knightly units(check Genoa's thread btw ).

Here is the reference picture for the new King of Naples. If only all our historical characters had such visual reference.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There's still more stuff coming, tier 2 and 3 communal units to bring some more actual Italian units to Sicily and some more general's bodyguard units for tiers 2 and 3. Otherwise it's just some visual changes across the board.

Ghibellino's Avatar Foederatus

Great great job!
    "Vile, tu uccidi un uomo morto" -Francesco Ferrucci

wonderful, my faction!

Nice changes and additions, can't wait to see more updates. I also hope that you will tone down the armor on a lot of these units, especially in tier 3, as this is currently one of the most over-armored factions in the game.

Also why are so many of the German nobles and new bodyguard units wearing scale armor? That seems rather uncharacteristic.

The scale stuff I plan to change and a lot of the screenshots here are out of date, I'll be sure to update them soon.

Nice addition with those communal units. Maybe you could add the heraldry of some Sicilian towns to give them a more distinct look, as a lot of them seem be carrying blank shields currently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123