Thread: Info e questions

Default Info e questions

(Sorry for my bad english)

Hi guys

you are great, this is a very good mod !

I have read all the manual e forum and only after i started my first campaign with Sparta.
    I arrived at 426 BC , I took Thermon,Amphissa, Laurion, e Oreos .... the Lokroj and Aitolon are defeats!

Korintos e Boetia are very active and Atene is in trouble while preserving capital.

I have any question and considerations :

1) If civil wars are disabled , what's the meaning of political actions?
    2) During the truce, Argo has accumulated about 7/8 agents... is normal?
    3) Around 420 - 418 Battle of Mantineia takes place. The Athenian army will spawn in MAntineia it will be very strong? It will also be accompanied by the armies of Argo, Elis e Mantinea?
    4) Amphorage Maker is only way to engage cavalry spartan?
    5) My leader Arkidamo is dead in 427 (date of his historical death). Also, similar name general (but young) it appeared near Sparta... is all normal?

Thanks and congratulations !

Default Re: Info e questions

Thanks. Let me go to your questions

1) According to your strength in the goverment, (% of political power) political actions happen more frequent or less. Political actions often drain you a lot of money so If you are strong you win a lot of money. You can decrease political actions with other waysa also like having spyies on your armies to check your generals. Finaly the % of political strength detrmines many factors like Public ordert or upkeep. So the more strength you got the more happy the people is etc..
    2) Historic background. You seem that you know Peloponnesian war but let me explain this Argos - agents thing. Argos had very good diplomats. With many tricks it remained neutral and avoided many conflicts using as excuse religious festivals and omens. To represent this we have given Argos some boost in diplomacy and in diplomats number. Since Argos is in truce and cannot go to war it uses big money to diplomats. I never had seen so many agents but I believe you that this is possible. Dont worry though agents in Hellenika are nerfed considerably. Almost the majority of their actions are disabled and they do not cause much damage. The worst thing they can do is to slow or stop your army but for this you can protect your troops with your agents to counter enemies.
    3) THe strength of Athenian armies depends on difficulty level. In Legendary or very hard you face 2 full stacks with armies strong and with troops exactly like in history. (In analogy). Argive, MAntinians, Troops from Elis etc exactly as Thucididis discribes them. In lower levels less strong armies appear both in numbers or in quality.In my Spartan campaign (very hard) I used 2 full stacks myself but I succesfully used a trick. To Make Elis subjugated and make Argos sign a peace treaty you need to win only 1 battle in that specific region (If you win 2 no problem but only one is nessesary). Also this victory must happen exactly in the same turn as they appear. SO I prepared 2 stacks and was waiting the enemy to appear in Mantineia region. One of my generals had the ability to attack at night so when the enemy showed up I used him. I attacked at night so it was only 1 on 1 and not 2 vs 2 which sometimes is a bit messy. My superior Spartan troops destroyed the enemy and then I attacked my 2 stacks to the only 1 remaining Athenian.
    4) All FActions can unlock cavalry caps with amphorage makers and horse towns like Pharsala for example. I think that Sparta needs also some technology research to unlock cavalry as it needs for archers for example.
    5)I need to check this a bit later I cannot remember that but Characters were researched thoroughly and are 100% accurate. I wiil check again though in case we missed a name.
    Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delayed response.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Phalangitis; October 05, 2016 at 09:57 AM.