Thread: EP + FotE possible suebi recruitment bug

Default EP + FotE possible suebi recruitment bug

Hi everyone, in my recent play with the suebi I can't recruit some roman units despite having a level IV military building in my city, is this WAD?, Is maybe because my military tech is not very much developed?

Default Re: EP + FotE possible suebi recruitment bug

Hmmm... I guess it might be the tech, but you can recruit some Roman units, right? I think it might also be just that FotE has many custom Roman units, and you can only recruit the ones available normally in the vanilla game. Unfortunately, I can't fix that in the main mod without including FotE's Roman units in EP. I'd have to make a submod for compatibility there, which sort of defeats the purpose of making EP and FotE mostly-compatible to begin with. Hmmm... I'll think about what I could do.

Thanks for the answer , however I also noticed when using only EP as Franks, I am able to recruit limitanei borderguards right at the start of the campaign, despite not having any roman military building

Hmmm... I think that's because they're recruitable from the main city chain.

yeah but the main city building is a barbarian one not a roman one.

Yeah, but in vanilla too, the Romans have the ability to recruit Limitanei Borderguards from all city types. All non-nomadic factions can recruit a single basic infantry unit from their roster from any main city building, even those of different cultures. Maybe that's something we can change in EP, just to avoid this kind of thing (and make expansion a little more difficult perhaps).