Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 14/06/21

Default Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 14/06/21

Warhammer Information Thread Index

There are many mods for Warhammer Total War but I have noticed that there are quite a few that add new units that are not loreful at all. This annoyed me when I first saw them as I love the Old World setting, and that annoyance gave me the idea of writing up lists of all the potential units a modder could make for each faction. Unfortunately I did not quite realise that the list would reach into the hundreds, let alone reach over a thousand. As such, for any modder who wants to make units, there will be something there for you to make that no-one else has managed. I hope these resource lists prove useful to you!

Here is the index of each list I have written so far:

Information Thread for Potential New Albion Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Amazon Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Arabyan Units - Updated: 1 New Character
    Information Thread for Potential New Beastmen Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Border Prince Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Bretonnian Units - Updated: 2 New Units, 1 New Character
    Information Thread for Potential New Cathay Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Chaos Units - Updated: 1 New Unit, 6 New Characters, 2 New Items, New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Chaos Dwarf Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Dark Elven Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Dogs of War Units - Updated: 1 New Unit
    Information Thread for Potential New Dwarf Units - Updated: New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Empire Units - Updated: 3 New Characters, 1 New Magic Item, New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Estalian Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Gnoblar Horde Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New High Elven Units - Updated: 2 New Characters, 4 New RoRs
    Information Thread for Potential New Hobgoblin Khanate Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Kislev Units - Updated: 1 New Character
    Information Thread for Potential New Lizardman Units - Updated: New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Marienburg Units - Updated: 1 New RoR, New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Nagashizzar Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Norse Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Northern Human Tribe Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Ogre Kingdoms Units - Updated: 4 New Characters, 11 New RoRs
    Information Thread for Potential New Orc and Goblin Units - Updated: 1 New Character, New Lore
    Information Thread for Potential New Skaven Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Tilean Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Tomb King Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Vampire Count Units - Updated: 1 New Character, 1 New Magic Item
    Information Thread for Potential New Wood Elven Units - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Zombie Pirate Units - Updated:

Information Thread for Potential Rogue Armies - Updated:
    Information Thread for Potential New Lores of Magic and Spells - Updated: 10 New Spells, 6 New Magic Items
    Information Thread Beastiary for Potential New Monsters

I will add new units now and again if I stumble across them, but for the most part these are to be considered complete. I may add more resource threads eventually, if I find something to write about.
    Last edited by PaulH; August 14, 2022 at 09:37 AM.

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index

Thank you for making this summary. You're lists are quite an inspiration.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Fantastic work PaulH!

For ease of access, I have split the Minor Factions list into numerous other smaller factions. In the process I managed to bulk out the Hobgoblin list, and I also split the Beastmen from Chaos and gave them a few extra units.

Enjoy!

Oh, and thanks for the comments guys!
    Last edited by PaulH; October 03, 2016 at 09:25 AM.

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 14/10/16: Empire & Marienburg Special Characters and Suggested Factional Unit Lists

I've updated the Bretonnian thread to include my suggested unit lists for each faction in bretonnia and also all the legendary lords and heroes there.
    Last edited by PaulH; November 18, 2016 at 03:00 PM.

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 17/11/16: Removed Wood Elven DLC Units from Wood Elf list

Just made an update I love to make: I've removed units from the Wood Elf list because they're being added into the game. I love it when that happens
    Last edited by PaulH; November 18, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 17/11/16: Removed Wood Elven DLC Units from Wood Elf list

Excelent, will surely use this for future roster additions!

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Excelent, will surely use this for future roster additions!
    Awesome . Anything in particular that has caught your eye?
    Last edited by PaulH; November 18, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

First i need to touch the game assets, what is all in and then i will see what can be added. But cant wait for it! :-)

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

That sounds great . Feel free to contact me if you need to discuss any of the units I've written about

Der Phönix's Avatar Miles

Awesome work! I went through most of the lists and I don't think I saw the Forgeworld units.

https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/11/0...trous-arcanum/

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_...rgeworld_units

And there are some regiments of renown units that can be added I think.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum...?topic=41129.0

Last edited by Der Phönix; November 21, 2016 at 12:35 AM.
    Assess - Adapt - Attack

@Der Phönix

Thank you! I've been looking through those links you've posted up. Many of the Forgeworld units are actually listed in the various army lists I've written, but many would be added in the Special Characters sections I'm aiming at writing up. I do have to be careful with adding units from Forgeworld as many are aimed at the Age of Sigmar crap, so I do pick and choose rather carefully when adding from there. If I've missed any, I'll add them to my lists.

When it comes to the Monstrous Arcanum, I'm really glad to have seen it, though unfortunately much of it is blurry so I've struggled to know where to place various monsters. However, when I find out where they go, I'll definitely be adding monsters like Incarnate Elementals to the lists. There is some awesome stuff in there.

On the top of the RoR units, the problem I have with that list is that very few of the units listed actually have their sources named. Which isn't 100% a problem, and I'll still add them to my Empire list, but I'll have to carry a disclaimer with them to let people know there is a chance that they aren't loreful. However, I do believe they are loreful, but it's best to add the disclaimer anyway.

If you stumble across anything else, I'd be really glad to see it.
    Last edited by PaulH; November 21, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

Happy to see you found it useful. A lot of the Age of Sigmar stuff is rubbish I agree.

The Monstrous Arcanum is an amazing book but it's quite blurry indeed and for some of the creatures they oddly enough did not describe to which faction it belongs. Anyways, from the top of my head, these are the factions that some of the units relate to. A few of them might be pretty obvious but since I was at it.

Dread Maws - Hobgoblins
    Bonegrinder Giant - Tomb Kings
    Carmine Dragon - Empire
    Curs'd Ettin - Chaos
    Incarnate Elemental of Beasts - Chaos/Beastmen
    Magma Dragon - Chaos Dwarfs
    Preyton - Beastmen
    Skin Wolves - Chaos
    Warpfire Dragon - Chaos
    Siege Giant - Chaos Dwarfs
    Kdai Fireborn - Chaos Dwarfs
    Bale Taurus - Chaos Dwarfs
    Bull Centaur Render - Chaos Dwarfs
    Basilisk - Kingdom of Ind
    Khemeric Titan - Tomb Kings
    Toad Dragon - Chaos (fits Lizardmen pretty good too)
    Mervyrm - High Elves
    Bile Trolls - Chaos
    Rogue Idol of Gork - Orks
    River Troll Hag - Orks
    Colossal Squig - Chaos
    Mourngul - Vmapire Counts

People on the forum would probably know they few ones that are extra tricky and completely unreadable.

As for the RoR units, some of them have more info on google but others we are left completely in the dark on.

I stumble upon new stuff all the time and will certainly let you know . The work you have made here would be a great resource for CA as well.

You've probably seen this site below; great collection of unofficial army books and a lot of the Monstrous Arcanum unitsw are in them.

http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.ca/
    Last edited by Der Phönix; November 22, 2016 at 12:32 AM.
    Assess - Adapt - Attack

I'm not 100% on some of those assignments for those monsters, but I'll look into them. I know a lot of those are already in my lists though, which is good. I'll be able to finish up the rest soon with luck.

I'm careful with the warhammer armies project rules. I've added their lists where appropriate, and always listed them as "Unofficial", but if I spot any more useful units from it I'll add those

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 24/11/16: Multiple Race Updates

Yes, it's a good thing you're going over it yourself as I might be mistaken on some of them. Another similar book to Monstrous Arcanum is the Storm of Magic book, which also contains a lot of new units. Have not been able to find a download for it but below is a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHp...v2UuPLg&t=236s

The unofficial books can be good for finding official units that are not in the official books, since the latter only contain those units produced as miniatures.

By the way, if you don't already have access to the White Dwarf Magazines, check out the the link below. A lot of these numbers contain tons of fluff, and many of the ROR units for the Empire you just added are in #354.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

A few other Empire units can be found in the Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire book.

https://issuu.com/mag_white/docs/uni...he_empire_by_c

Ill be posting some more stuff in the faction thread now and then.

Cheers
    Assess - Adapt - Attack

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 24/11/16: Multiple Race Updates

Thanks in part to Der Phönix I've been able to add a large update in the form of a new thread that deals with the Lores of Magic. It's incomplete, but if you look, you'll see its pretty vast already.

Enjoy!

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 06/01/17: 177 New Units Added

177 New Units Added

Default Re: Warhammer Information Thread Index - Updated 07/03/17

Updated Bretonnian and Wood Elven lists with content from the 5th Edition Expansion "The Perilous Quest."

Extremely usefull stuff Sir!

Thanks for saying so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast