Thread: Dwarven Blunderbusses

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Icon5 Dwarven Blunderbusses

I discovered there's a hidden unit in FATW called Dwarven Blunderbusses. I wonder why it is disabled.

Default Re: Dwarven Blunderbusses

They're something of an Easter Egg unit, as you can imagine. They're not implemented currently into the game because (IIRC) the building conditionals we required didn't work. We're thinking of a way to put them into the game - but of course we don't want them to be too widely available.

I dearly want to see them in-game, if only because I was able to work in a lengthy quote/reference to "Farmer Giles of Ham" into their description. The trick is getting them to show up in a way that makes sense for gameplay and (stretched) lore.
    Last edited by CountMRVHS; October 01, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

You could only make them available to train in one settlement, such as Barad-eden? Say that Sauron had squirreled away some experimental Numenorean technological designs that only the Dwarves are able to properly forge or summat. Or maybe Umbar, I dunno.

Yep, that's the idea (though which settlement I'll leave to speculation!). However, we don't want to have there be something too obvious like a "Blunderbuss Manufacturing, Inc" building in there. Originally there were supposed to be a couple of buildings that you needed. Can't remember the exact details now.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Also I noticed they are bugged: it often causes a ctd when they fire their weapons and the smoke effect looks weird. a few years ago I've managed to create realistic gun fire & smoke effects on the rtw engine (unfortunately I lost the files), but I could try to recreate it.