Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

I have a problem, I have just downloaded the mods, but an advice is appeared and it's telling me that the file I've downloaded doesn't have a program associated with it

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Attila Battle Mechanics Release [30/09/2016]

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Even so, it's pointless to leave the pack files uncompressed. 8gb is a pretty huge amount for many people in the world, especially those with data caps. I'm lucky enough to have fairly fast and uncapped internet but it's not fair to assume the same of everybody.

Ultimately, compressing the files are better for everyone here, as it means a smaller and faster download. Even when not removing the pointless and redundant files in the pack (leftover campaign stuff presumably) 7zip compresses down the initial 7gb pack file that was released to less than half the size. The CPU time to decompress those files is far less than the time it takes to send the entire thing over uncompressed...

Anyways, arguing this is pointless. The AE team doesn't appear to share your disregard here considering the release that was created early on today is actually compressed anyways.
    The release was somewhat rushed, obviously the ultimate release will be compressed and have several mirrors. I'm experienced enough in delivering mods to know this.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

Google Drive links are dead, can you resubmit please thanks

Right now I have no one else to upload the files. Won't until later tonight or tomorrow, unfortunately. I am in the process of setting up the Mod DB page which will contain an all-in-one download link for people. The uploading takes time, as well, though, unfortunately.

For now, best I can say is keep trying the Google Drive links or follow the instructions posted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ7DEL1bOe8
    You can bypass Google's download limits this way.

Also had a question for people. Right now I have multiple download links as a result of the size of the files. I worried about some people losing connection in the middle of downloads if I went too large, especially right away. Would people prefer a single download link for the non-Steam stuff, or are the smaller files manageable? Most of the feedback I get are complaints/people struggling to download. I'd figure most of you are having better luck.

I want to make this as user friendly as possible. The good thing about all of this is it should all be straightened out by the time the campaign drops.

Kushite Royal Guard don't have swords.

What exactly is the steam link for? Will the campaign be updated and general updates go through steam workshop or will their be another externals link for campaign. If thats possible i would prefer that way as its easier (Updates through workshop). If not then one big file link personally would be easier. Though smaller files seems to be the way your doing it now and its not too bad

In the future, updates will be pushed through the Steam workshop, yes. The non-Steam/Google Drive links will be updated sparingly and hopefully only for major releases. This seems like the most convenient way to handle it.

The goal is to have three ways to download the mod:
    1. Steam (plus Google Drive)
    2. Non-Steam - all packs can be downloaded off Steam. But people who do this will have to manually update their mod with patches and such.
    3. Mod DB

How do i install this on a mac since subscribing through steam doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrodgar View Post
    How do i install this on a mac since subscribing through steam doesn't work?
    (Because you mention that you also need to subscribe on steam)

There is a non-Steam version of all packs.
    "

1. Download the mod on Steam, or from our Google Drive. 1 pack file."

Wow, thanks for the quick answer mate!

I've unzipped it into a .pack file it seems, any idea on how I proceed next?

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    There is a non-Steam version of all packs.
    "

1. Download the mod on Steam, or from our Google Drive. 1 pack file."
    I did this ONLY, but there's a lot of stuff missing, the step 2,3 and 4 seem dead.

EDIT: nvm, followed the youtube guide, thanks.
    Last edited by Rostam_e_Iran; October 01, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

you should probably host the downloads on another site.

It won't let me download any of the files because too many people have downloaded it recently. Why not host the download on MEGA or something?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    you should probably host the downloads on another site.

It won't let me download any of the files because too many people have downloaded it recently. Why not host the download on MEGA or something?
    watch this youtube video, i had same problem but this solved it

or read this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15132884
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Google download is backed up

New account forgot password for twcenter

in the custom battle the lowest factions i can see are the sakas and gortyna im playing on 1600x900 anyone with a possible fix to this?

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

i have a problem i've just downloaded the mod and started atilla ancient empires but every battle i crash once i press start, i have followed every single step and all seemed correct so i dont know what's wrong and also i never get a crash report of any of them, and i didn't know where to post this, so sorry if it is in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Saitouakira; October 02, 2016 at 07:22 AM.

Pike units seem to be very strong, I think you should remove the expert charge defence attribute as it gets on even when pike are charged from the rear. From front they are ok, but they are able to hold and often to rout the enemy when they are attacked both by front and rear.

I think pike is not strong enough and need more buff.

I easily rout them and routed by enemies.

they just meant to hold the line..

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    I think pike is not strong enough and need more buff.

I easily rout them and routed by enemies.

they just meant to hold the line..
    I haven't been able to rout high/elite macedonian pike units attacking them with pricipes and triarii respectively from rear and front. Also when i charge them in the rear with a cav unit, the cav lose the combat. Front they are ok, but they should be more weak when they are engaged in a close combat

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That is because pikes have expert charge defence, something that pikes should not have at all as it gets a bit bugged in their case, since it works for all directions.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod