Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Attila Battle Mechanics Release [30/09/2016]

Quote Originally Posted by EIder View Post
    - This works. Thank you
    Oh nice, glad I could help.

We're going to be redoing the thread and links soon, we'll likely also redo some of the files to make them work better, ABH managed to find some time to help out and he knows how to do this kinda so it'll be cool now xD
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    We're going to be redoing the thread and links soon, we'll likely also redo some of the files to make them work better, ABH managed to find some time to help out and he knows how to do this kinda so it'll be cool now xD
    Can someone give me a link to the patch file only? But asap?
    I downloaded the main file (7gb) but not the patch.
    And I only have time to play it now (and then probably wont for a couple of days...)

edit: Nevermind, it works more or less as is.
    Last edited by popovic; September 30, 2016 at 10:23 PM.

This is great stuff guys! Very excited for the full release. Love the detail on the units, Hannibal is even missing his eye!

Alright everyone. I have updated the opening post to reflect some changes. We have a new Steam download link which you can find here. There are now new download links for Google Drive files, and tomorrow we hope to add a number of mirrors. You can also use the method posted by Caligula to get around the download limits. We will have a Mod DB version of the mod, as well.

I ask that if you downloaded any file yesterday, that you delete it and download the new ones. Same with the Steam download link - just unsubscribe to yesterday's and use the new link posted here. I apologize for the hassle. I know these files are large and a pain to grab. The good news is that when our campaign drops, the new non-Steam download links will still be good. Patches and fixes can also be downloaded more efficiently through Steam now as this will be the same page we use going forward.

Again, apologize for this, but I think making a clean break now from what was uploaded today was for the best. I regret that we were very disorganized about releasing this, and I promise we will be more efficient in the future. Thank you.

Default Re: [RELEASE] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - 10/1/16

Moved a few posts out of here into this thread here where I'd like to keep feedback on combat balance. I'd like to keep this thread for discussion of downloading and installing the mod. Thanks.

LiberalsSuckit's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

Somehow I only have 5 files in my data folder. I'm missing the second, smaller ancient_empires_release. It says you need all 4 packs, and I only see 3. I know i'm retarded and i'm missing something here.

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 10/1/16

Everytime I launch the game with those 5 folders, the ancent_empires_release file removes itsself from the data folder. Don't know what's up with that. I hate being inept at something. Can anyone break it down Barney style for me?

LiberalsSuckIt - bit confused by your issues. I have never heard/witnessed a mod pack remove itself from the data directory upon start up. It could be an issue where you aren't subscribed to the mod on Steam, but even then it shouldn't get removed unless you hit delete or something.

Would you be able to take a picture of your Attila data folder as I did in the first post so I can see the packs/files you have in there? It's easiest when I can see what's going on. You can hit prntsc button and then paste into paint/photoshop or whatever image editing software you have, upload, and send it to me. Or just list the file and the extension it has (possible you didn't unzip the .rar files).

We may need to do a video of the installation process just for clarity. I realize we have more packs than most people are used to these days.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalsSuckit View Post
    Everytime I launch the game with those 5 folders, the ancent_empires_release file removes itsself from the data folder. Don't know what's up with that. I hate being inept at something. Can anyone break it down Barney style for me?
    Rename the file that keeps on deleting itself eg from "ancent_empires_release" to "ancent_empires_release_v2", and the issue will be fixed. I've had this happen to me but I'm not quite sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    We may need to do a video of the installation process just for clarity. I realize we have more packs than most people are used to these days.
    The one I made for Medieval Kingdoms should work, it covers the principles required even if it doesn't specifically address you guys having 4 packs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVbSpQSj02c

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    I suggest you should compress and zip the mod files, so the download can be much smaller and faster (even though surprisingly, it might confuse some who don't even know how to unzip files)

Also, when making description for Steam Workshop page, it is advisable to add VERY CLEAR instructions and FAQ on the description, since most people in SteamWorkshop doesn't even bother to read, and then whine when it doesn't work as they think it would.
    In 2016 i don't believe 8gb is a large long download for most people.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    8GB take two hours for me

Alright, lads. I've reinserted the files back into the data folder. I took the picture as well. Now, I haven't renamed them yet like I was instructed, but I will. I'm not currently subscribed to the mod. Do the steam mod and the TWC files go together? As in, do I need to have all the files and be subscribed to the mod on steam simultaneously? I accidently didn't highlight the UI file at the top.

It worked! Renaming the files worked. Turns out it was a combination of the file name, and I didn't know I was supposed to have both the files from this website and the steam page. I knew I was messing something up. By the way, the units are damn gorgeous. I really really really love the attention to detail. Fantasic job, guys.

Is there no peloponnesian league?

Laetus

Hey guys thanks for the release, just wanted to know if anybody else was having the custom battle crash. I can use multiplayer but not custom battle. I read this solution could resolve it but wondered if there was any other way.

For those, whose custom battle crash :

1. Try to delete all files in these two folders:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\army_setups
    C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\battle_preferences

2. verify the game cache, with clicking on steam Total War Attila "properties"

Congratz on the first release guys!..
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie117 View Post
    8GB take two hours for me
    Two hours is not a long time... There was a time I'd leave my pc on all day and night just to download a game.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Even so, it's pointless to leave the pack files uncompressed. 8gb is a pretty huge amount for many people in the world, especially those with data caps. I'm lucky enough to have fairly fast and uncapped internet but it's not fair to assume the same of everybody.

Ultimately, compressing the files are better for everyone here, as it means a smaller and faster download. Even when not removing the pointless and redundant files in the pack (leftover campaign stuff presumably) 7zip compresses down the initial 7gb pack file that was released to less than half the size. The CPU time to decompress those files is far less than the time it takes to send the entire thing over uncompressed...

Anyways, arguing this is pointless. The AE team doesn't appear to share your disregard here considering the release that was created early on today is actually compressed anyways.
    Last edited by Causeless; October 01, 2016 at 07:45 AM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Too many users have downloaded it? *fixed* Working fine now. Nope stopped downloading and said "Access to doc-0c-7c-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied"
    Then back to too many users

I think i fixed it. Got 4 packs im assuming the steam one doesn't show up

Question; Will the steam download update it self when campaign and updates come out? Or will we have to download another link?
    Last edited by paulyo122; October 01, 2016 at 09:23 AM.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Excellent job with the mod, I'm having a good time fighting custom battles.

Was wondering about the pre-set formations button though(the button you click and a number of formations show up like Simplex Acies, etc), is it intended that it shouldnt work?
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."