Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

Hi Guys, I would also like to ask for non steam links. I bought the Attila but I'm using Linux. I know how to enable mods, but thing is, whenever I will put mod that is downloaded from Steam workshop to "Data" folder (with other .pack files), game won't start.

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila *Custom Battles Only* - Updated 22/10/2016

when campaigns release

Download a hex editor and open the .pack file with it. There should be two separate boxes of codes/commands, one with letters and words, and one with numbers. Make sure that the first line of the box with letters/words starts with PFH4. This would require deleting at least 1 set of the number code. For me however I had to delete the first two number sets. Save then put it into the date folder. I would also make a copy of the original .pack file just in case it doesn't work or more lines were deleted than necessary. This process should work for all steam mods downloaded by MAC or Linux users. If you have any more questions or I wasn't clear, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by epirote22 View Post
    Download a hex editor and open the .pack file with it. There should be two separate boxes of codes/commands, one with letters and words, and one with numbers. Make sure that the first line of the box with letters/words starts with PFH4. This would require deleting at least 1 set of the number code. For me however I had to delete the first two number sets. Save then put it into the date folder. I would also make a copy of the original .pack file just in case it doesn't work or more lines were deleted than necessary. This process should work for all steam mods downloaded by MAC or Linux users. If you have any more questions or I wasn't clear, just ask.
    Thank you very much for the help, I will try it our once home! Will let you know.

Cheers buddy

Hey guys. I know you are all doing this on your free time. And I thank you so much for your hard work. But is there anyway we could get some sort of update on the campaign side of things? Not rushing you at all. But your fans are all excited and awaiting this release. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for anything you can provide.

Thanks Epirote, I couldn't believe it actually worked! Again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by STDM View Post
    Thanks Epirote, I couldn't believe it actually worked! Again, thank you.
    Glad to hear!!

Merry Xmas Folks!

I managed to get everything installed and hexed correctly as I'm on mac and suing 1.6.0 but also realized that you only need to do that with the steam downloads the external ones are fine anyways long story short I can only see the same factions as the standard game along with the sand empires dlc I have tried everything I'm thinking it could be the Enable Out of Date mods you windows guy seem to have in mod manager but I don't know of a way to do that on mac. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Why are Unit Cards not like Total War Attila?

Mod perfect

But unit cards are not good

Unit cards can also be like Medieval kingdom total war attila

Quote Originally Posted by atademir View Post
    Why are Unit Cards not like Total War Attila?

Mod perfect

But unit cards are not good

Unit cards can also be like Medieval kingdom total war attila
    What's so different about our unit cards? I like them.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I think they look gorgeous, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    I think they look gorgeous, FWIW.
    Most do, I don't get it? Our UI and units are by far the most praised parts of AE.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Everyone has personal preferences. Atademir's dislike of AE's unit cards is an entirely valid opinion. Some people prefer renders, some people prefer Rome 2 style abstract images, some people prefer stylistic depictions of the unit on the cards.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Everyone has personal preferences. Atademir's dislike of AE's unit cards is an entirely valid opinion. Some people prefer renders, some people prefer Rome 2 style abstract images, some people prefer stylistic depictions of the unit on the cards.
    Oh, no doubt. I learned how to edit unit cards just to make BullGod-style ones for DeI (this was before they released render-style ones). Which is actually a good idea for him. Googling "Attila unit cards" brings up a bunch of tutorials from well-known modders like Magnar and Sebidee, he should check those out to try and make cards himself.
    Last edited by zombieflanders; January 08, 2017 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Added link

And during that time, dei team released their beta 1.2 whereas AE....Nothing yet
    I like to see modders who offert pleasure to their community.
    3 months delay and not even a test version whereas they had said a few weeks ....
    Last edited by Farrell; January 08, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
    And during that time, dei team released their beta 1.2 whereas AE....Nothing yet
    3 months delay and not even a test version whereas they had said a few weeks ....
    I think that the delay is a huge pity and people certainly are right to call AE out on it.

However, what do you want AE to do? If you were mod leader for AE just now, what would you do?

Anyway, you can help the mod release faster. There's work that needs to be done and if you help, AE will release faster. AE's release is entirely something in your, and the rest of the community's, control. Any delay is something that you guys can help resolve by assisting with the work that needs to be done.
    Last edited by Causeless; January 08, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

DeI weren't totally changing the setting
    AE Dev, mainly units

Just deal with it. I like to see community members who are reasonable and don't make customer demands from a group of unpaid modders but its just not in the cards. I was disappointed and annoyed when the campaign wasn't released as well (annoyed at the fact rather than the modders) but they're doing the best they can for an unpaid team and releasing pics of progress while answering questions wherever possible and they have at the very least released the battles as a test. Instead of attempting to undermine their motivation by calling them out you could perhaps encourage them or better yet help out or let it go and go play DEI while you wait. As Willhelm mentioned its an entire overhaul/change of theme which means everything needs to be changed buildings/tech tree/cities/units/building chains/descriptions let alone mechanics/generals etc etc etc.

From what we've seen so far AE looks extremely promising and the battles feel great at least imo. I'd like to think that people are getting with the modders because of the huge desire and expectations this mod draws
    Last edited by Rejenorst; January 08, 2017 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejenorst View Post
    Just deal with it. I like to see community members who are reasonable and don't make customer demands from a group of unpaid modders but its just not in the cards. I was disappointed and annoyed when the campaign wasn't released as well (annoyed at the fact rather than the modders) but they're doing the best they can for an unpaid team and releasing pics of progress while answering questions wherever possible and they have at the very least released the battles as a test. Instead of attempting to undermine their motivation by calling them out you could perhaps encourage them or better yet help out or let it go and go play DEI while you wait. As Willhelm mentioned its an entire overhaul/change of theme which means everything needs to be changed buildings/tech tree/cities/units/building chains/descriptions let alone mechanics/generals etc etc etc.

From what we've seen so far AE looks extremely promising and the battles feel great at least imo. I'd like to think that people are getting with the modders because of the huge desire and expectations this mod draws
    On some level, this is all certainly true, and AE is created by a team of unpaid modders.

At the same time, however, I think people aren't necessarily in the wrong to point this stuff out. I don't think it's unreasonable, anyway. Once a date (30th Sep) is given and missed, and then a secondary deadline of "before 2017" is also missed, then it starts to bring doubt as to the validity of what AE is telling the community. It starts making AE look pretty foolish and it starts to bring doubt as to whether it'll really release at all.

Honestly, when you raise people's expectations and fail to reach them, it's entirely expected that people get angry.

3rd times the charm

Didn't realize they mentioned before 2017. I didn't expect it to be out for a while due to whats happening with the settlements.
    I agree that continually not meeting expectations would result in negative opinions I just wish people would see the bigger picture and be patient or at least helpful. I'd like to get my mits on the campaign as well but discouraging modders by rubbing missed deadlines in their face seems somewhat counter productive