Thread: ALL THE SOLDIERS!

Default ALL THE SOLDIERS!

How large is your TOTAL army?

I'm playing the 361 campaign as Julianus (well he died a natural death and now his successor is the present Augustus, the pagan Jovianus). It's 424 CE now, and I have 225,000 total soldiers in my army. And now i'm building it up to 300,000, maybe more to match the low estimates of the army's strength during this period. Right now it's 75,000 Comitatenses, Palatinae, and Scholae in 94 units, 153,000 Limitanei in 192 units and 104 city garrisons and hundreds of castra along the limes of Hadrian's Wall to the Rhenus, Danuvius, the Euphrates, Arabia, Egypt, Libya and the Atlas Mountains.

Im not talking about your 4 stacks here and which units compose it, that's not what i'm asking. I'm asking the WHOLE GRAND TOTAL including every single one of your soldiers, border forces and garrisons included. (Well estimate per unit if you have a uniform size would make that easier.

I've typed up a couple docs, my version of the Notitia Dignitatum if you will. If anyone wants to take a look I'll post it. I've listed every single position in my civilian administration and military commands, where each unit is based by name and listed in each province, numbers, and how many castra, etc.
    Last edited by Bashar; September 27, 2016 at 08:02 AM.

Default Re: ALL THE SOLDIERS!

What, no one has ever counted the numbers of their entire imperial army?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Bashar, please, post your data, I feel you have done something great!

I've tried many times to count my total but .. sadly after a while I have always said: "OK! I'll finish later .." and, being insanely lazy , I never did it, of course!

Have you counted all your troops? I have never thought of that, now you gave me an idea here
    Need to check the Imperial Army so it's up to the standards!

Tallied up my whole army so far - still growing

My Notitia http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nitatum-424-CE

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
    Tallied up my whole army so far - still growing

My Notitia http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nitatum-424-CE
    169 Generals! Your list gives the real proportions of the total and absolute superiority of RTW-BI engine over Attila-TW.