Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Domus Caecilii Metelli

Default Re: Domus Caecilii Metelli

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Lucius Villius Tappulus, after a lovely stroll through the city of Rome, arrives at the domus of Caecilli Metelli. He makes his presence known and asks for a meeting with Quintus Caecilius Metellius Pius.
    Lucius Villius is show into the tabulium, a table has been set up with 3 different kinds of dates in three large baskets. Another basket on the floor is filled with date pits.

"Welcome Lucius." Quintus stands up to greet the arrival.
    "What brings you around to these parts?"

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Lucius graciously takes a few dates and eats them. He had been out for a good few hours with his slaves on important errands and had not had a meal yet.

"Thank you, Quintus. It is good to see you, and I thank you for your hospitality. By Jupiter, after being away from politics for so long it feels like I have to get to know everyone at the Senate all over again. How have you been? I hear you're running for Praetor this year, and I don't think my ears are failing me just yet."

"Yes, you heard correctly. I ran last year but was unsuccessful. This year it seems I have more support." He also had a date or three and grabbed a cup of water.

"Are looking to jump back into the magisterial fray?"

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"I am, actually. I have my eyes on the position of Aedile for the next year, for I hope to make our beautiful city better for those who need it the most. I was hoping that you would perhaps lend me your support for the nomination, so that us Plebeians would have another strong seat among the magistrates. We cannot let the Patricians dominate anymore, not after what happened to Marcus Livius Drusus."

"What happened to Drusus' was tragic yes. I do not condone it at all. It led to this awful mess we are in, even though I think war was inevitable now. Hmm Aedile. I am afraid my vote support for that position is already secured, through future marriage ties. However, I do agree that the plebs need representation in that office. If you support my cause for Praetor, I will put forward a law that creates a plebeian Aedile position; One that patricians can not run for."

Quintus answered solemnly.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Lucius sighed inwardly. That was one less vote for him, which was a let down. However, he merely smiled and nodded his head.

"I am sorry to hear that, but I shall congratulate my opponent for such a fruitful marriage then. If you were to propose such a law, then you can surely count on my support."

"Is there anything else you wish to discuss?" Quintus querried?

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"I do believe that is all for now, but I do say that you are always welcome to my house if ever have any business with me. May the gods bless your household."

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

A man arrives to meet the Head of the Caecilli Metelli - giving his name as Octavius Julius Iulus.

He is welcomed in by the head steward and shown into the atrium. Date palms line one side, while huge baskets of dates are kept in the shade.
    The steward points him towards Quintus , who has his head down in deep thought, oblivious to the newcomers.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Octavius bows silently. "Salve, Senator, I hope I have not disturbed you?"

Quintus looks up
    "Young Julius Iulus is it?" He saw the family resemblance, otherwise he barely had seen the lad "What brings you here? It is highly irregular to come visit me, although without your father gone, perhaps you need some advice?"

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"Not so, Senator, I intend to start the Cursus Honorum next year. Not so irregular that I canvas support. Early in the new terms as it is.

And to your earlier question, there has been a rift in our household since Father's... indiscretions. If you were willing to offer advice - should I need it - I would be eternally grateful."

Quintus considers the young man's words. His cousin was currently working with Iulus in Macedonia, so he needed care.
    " Well, you must know your father did nothing illegal. Although it is not looked upon favorably. Do you fear his shadow will cast you in too dark a light?"

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"I will be blunt, he did nothing illegal. He won enough glory that if he had stayed silent on his return to Rome the crucifixion would have eventually.been forgotten.

I fear his dictatorial and derogatory remarks in the Senate - especially towards the Flamen Dialis will cast a stain on the Iulus name for the next few years."

Octavius paused. "I am determined to win the Quaestership next.elections, so I am doing everything I can to gather support.

I would like your vote, Senator. And obviously I know such friendship goes both ways."

"I am not sure I can promise you anything so early in the year. I do have obligations to some alliances. But as of yet, no one for quaestor. " He answered. "I am unsure, exactly what, if any position I will run for."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"I believe you would make a good Consul. Perhaps it is time you ran for the office?"

"Consul huh?" Quintus pondered, he washed the stickiness of dates off his hands from a cistern of water. " It is in my future I have no doubt."
    "But I will help you go up the Curus Honorum, Octavius . In return, you can help me in all religious matters. When the offices for priests open up, I will need your votes to ensure I get voted in."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"Of course. I would be more than happy ti help."

"Is there any other questions you have, Ocatavius?"

Jesus
    You're a monster