Thread: Hannibal Ambush

Default Hannibal Ambush

Returning after a long hiatus from RTW mods and still think this is one of the best TW experiences I've ever played, cannot thank you enough for all the time and effort you've put into this over the years; it is phenomenal.

One of my favourite things about both this mod and RTR was that the first thing you had to do was fight an insanely hard battle that, in RS particularly, could cripple your manpower from the outset. Try as I might, in RSIII I cannot get Hannibal to even attack me, let alone ambush as used to be the case if I moved my legion; he always goes straight for Arretium. I'm able to deal with the existential Carthaginian threat before the revolts even start!

Am I doing something wrong/could this be looked at for a future patch?

CHEERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fableofsea's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hannibal Ambush

No you're not doing anything wrong. You can bring up additional units and bolster the stack near Hannibal or wait a turn and let him wonder off. If you do this, each stack in Northern Italy will attack a city. Take this opportunity to strike the lesser and kill it. Then bring up more units and take on Hannibal's army after you fight him at Arretium, you should bleed him and cut his army down a little in that attack. After that Hannibal will either retreat to Spain or you can kill him off.
    Party hard and pillage!

Default Re: Hannibal Ambush

Yes, the mod is still set up to have that initial very hard battle that can indeed put you on the back foot. However, it uses the normal ambush mechanic, which is chance based. It won't therefore always trigger. If you really want it to happen, then simply re-start a few times and, first thing, try to move that army.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.