Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Domus Sulpicianus

Default Re: Domus Sulpicianus

ooc: Wut? Seriously? Welp...

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Scipio arrives to the domus of the late Sulpicianus, seeking his son.

He finds Tiberius in the villa, the young man was idly stabbing at flies with his stylus.

"Tiberius"

Said the aged senator.

"How's life treating you? We mourn your father's death every day: you have my condolences. Those brutish men slaughtered him; they shall pay, someday, somehow"

Scipio tried to break the ice being kind. His smile was warm and wide.

Tiberius appeared somewhat drunk. "Those sons of will all pay." he managed at last. "I swear by Mars Ultor, not a single one of them will be left by the time I finish with them."

"I will hold your word to this. Everyone could have died that fateful day, I shall bring havoc upon their heads. Vengeance shall be ours"

Said Scipio, all honey and smiles; still cold and unforgiving beneath the surface.

"You will surely need friends in this, Tiberius, you can count with me to serve you as patron and ally"

Iulus was dead, but his son remained, like many other populists.

Tiberius gave a sideways grin. "The Iulii have suffered already." he replied. Not revealing his role in their suffering. "they can be made to suffer again, as can any populist." he replied. Tiberius had no political leaning whatsoever before the murder of his father. Now he was squarely opposed to revolutionary activity, and not afraid to use violence to advance his interests. "We may yet be friend, Scipio." he replied.

"The populists are a dangerous illness, deeply roted in the body of our Republic, as Carnifex's errands demonstrated"

Said Scipio.

"Their influence must be removed"

The young Tiberius was bitter, wrathful and posibly ruthless. An interesting combination.

"We can indeed be good friends. Whenever you decide it's time to enter the Senate, you'll have all my support"

"It is possible that with my father's reputation I may be able to run for office sooner than normal, wthin the next year or two." he replied

"Good"

Said Scipio.

"I leave for Asia with consul Sulla, Tiberius. Someone must remain behind while the campaign is ongoing to make sure our common interests are respected. We cannot let those firebrands take control in our absence"

He clasps his hands.

"We can be more than mere friends if you wish so, Sulpicianus"

"The populists no doubt think they can achieve much with the Consuls out of Rome. I will hope to disrupt them, if I can." he replied

"Indeed"

Said Scipio.

"I must bid you farewell now, Tiberius, there're many things I must tend for, before leaving for Asia"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234