Thread: Roman Campaign

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

Default Roman Campaign

Hi, im playing 1-turn roman campaign and im kind of stuck.
    its aproximately 570 AUC, i control all of italy, massilia and illyria. but im actually at war with galaeci who captured gergovia and another gaul settlement i took from the arverni, arverni, belgae north of the alps,the dacians who betrayed me, and macedon.
    i have 4-5 polybian legions, 1-2 in gaul, 1-2 in illyria, and the other one replaces any army which needs replenishment. i think i cant afford another army without going in debt.

In gaul, i didnt expect the spanish to attack me and because of that, it stopped my campaign in france. the belgae and arverni are always sending armies through the alps, but i kind of stop them with forts. in illyria i took segestica from the dacians but i think its imprudent to go on that direction, but that setlement is always being poured by barbarians. my next move would be to attack macedon at dyrrachium, but it was attacked by a plague and i dont want to have my troops suffer the same fate. despite of that, i sent a spy to that settlement in order to spread the plague in the other macedonian cities.

what do you recommend me to do?
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Roman Campaign

Have the galleici kicked Carthage out of Spain? It sounds like they're getting too strong so I think you should focus on reconquering back to emporiae and holding them there.

From there concentrate on conquering from Illyria down to appollonia and then take Macedonia north settlements (pella, thessalonike) and work you're way down and completely take Greece. All the loot should help you recruit mercenary armies at emporia to fend off the gallaeci. Keep recruiting at massalia too. And romanise Greece asap.

Once that's done concentrate on conquering Spain's north settlements as I think they're the richest and most well developed. They'll be a headache if they get too strong

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Roman Campaign

yes, almost all of spain is gallaeci. another problem is that all the barbarians who are at war with me are allied between each other.
    i have some doubts what to do with massilia, if annexing them, giving citizenship or ally them. in fact, i dont know the difference regarding boosts and unit recruitment between annex and then citizenship, or ally them.
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL