Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Domus Sullae

Default Re: Domus Sullae

ooc: Sorry, Servius my bad. Got my two mixed up

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

OOC: you had me confussed as well. Delete my previous post please!

"I am Claudius Aemilius Lepidus, brother of Queastor Marcus Aemilius Lepidus I believe your older brother is currently serving in the 5th legion under my brother. He speaks highly about him."

Claudius looks around in this fine domus looking for a place to sit down when offered.

"Yes he is." came the reply

Blog Entries

"I'm not the politician my brother is. I'm here to aquire your families support in the next consul election." Claudius spurted out.

The fifteen year old boy looked at the man. "I can't speak for my family on that matter."

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Pro-Consul Iulus arrives to speak to Pro-Consul Sulla before his departure for Macedonia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The fifteen year old boy looked at the man. "I can't speak for my family on that matter."
    "I see I will return on a later date."

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

An invitation is extended by the Regulans to Sulla to visit the domus for some dinner, wine and entertainment in honor of his service to Rome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Blog Entries

Consul Marcus Aemilius Lepidus arrives at the door for a private meeting with Sextus. With him are his 12 lictors guarding him at all times.

Gneaus Julius Iulus arrives to speak with Sextus Sulla.

Gnaeus is welcomed inside by Sextus, the current man of the house. "Gnaeus, I have enjoyed your proposals. You are clearly a man of the people." he began

Gnaeus smiled easily. "It was not always so. My own father was an Optimate, and perhaps I was once as well.

I realise now that Rome is nothing without her People and that most of the Senate are vipers, waiting to strike.

I hope we can work towards the support of the peoplr together, Sextus. I find that while I have paid for the bread doke myself, I feel the people should not be sustained for only a month. They must have bread for every week of the year!"

Sextus' eyes widened. If his father could hear him now, all hell would break loose. "It would be a monumental undertaking, Gnaeus." he replied. "But one well worth taking. We should work together. The Senate is full of old men too set in their ways, I see that now that I have been in their midst for a few years. Do you plan to seek the command for Crete?"

Gnaeus shook his head. "The Cretans are crippled by my own attack, as well as the attack of ny rescuer. I do not plan to let Scipio deal with them, but I would rather leave it until my return to Macedonia, rather than seek a senatorial appointment for their destruction."

Gnaeus smiled calmly. "A monumental undertaking... I have been considering standing for Consul again, in order to work towards such a goal. Frenus would be our ally in this."

"Standing for a second consulship so soon would be very much opposed." Sextus cautioned. "If you seek the command you may take it by plebiscite. Doing so would empower you to command armies, who cares about Macedon? Win the battles in Crete and you can stand for whatever office you'd like. Standing for the Consulship would be pointless. Your colleague would almost surely be hostile to you and veto your measures at every turn. If you just return to the province, the people will forget you."

Gnaeus nodded thoughtfully. "You are right, of course. The Consulship is foolish at this stage. I have little interest in returning to Macedon to be slandered again as well. But plebiscite..."

Gnaeus' eyes lit up in amusement. "You are a clever man, Sextus. Cleverer even than your father, I think. I will seek the command by appointment of the assembly, and I will use what glory I can muster to bring about change for the Roman people. Let us work towards a bread dole, for every month of the year!"

"It will require large funds, but perhaps the treasury can yet be milked in favor of the people. The mob will love us if they know we are the ones that opened the aerarium to the bread dole." Sulla replied gleefully.

Iulis pondered for a second. "What if privately owned mines were taken into Senate control? The funds, would be great enough to fund doles for a hundred years.!"

"The Senate will never approve it. There is already the salt tax, and that is burden enough on the mines. They will never go for it." Sextus replied.

A light lit in Iulus' eyes. "To buy the bread for such a dole would cost a massive amount of coin, but there are hundreds of thousands of acres in the ager publicus - much of it unclaimed. If State run farms cropped up simply to supply the people with a bread dole..."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast