Thread: Domus Sullae

Default Domus Sullae

Cornelii Sullae Family Members

Publius Cornelius Sulla
    Patrician
    Ranks: Paterfamilias, Senator
    Economic Branch: Agriculture
    Current Office: Pro-Consul of Hispania Ulterior
    Traits: Wealth +2, Battle +2, Survival +1, +1 Auctoritas (Ovation), +1 Auctoritas (Triumph)

Publius Cornelius Sulla served as quaestor during the Consulship of Gaius Marius (100 BCE) and tribunus militum during the Consulship of Cnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus (96 BCE). He was present at the defeat of the Cimbrii but played only minor roles in that engagement. Upon returning to Rome he stood for the Praetorship in the Consulship of Crassus and Scaevola (95 BCE and lost. As a Roman of the traditional sort, he will continue to advance himself in the usual ways as well as his son.

Character History

91 BCE: Consul, led legions against the Italian Rebels successfully. An ovation in the senate was held in his honor
    90 BCE: Elected Pro-Consul of Hispania Ulterior, Victorious in the battle of Egalantiacum, hailed as Imperator.
    89 BCE: Victorious in the Battle of Dipo, which broke the back of Lusitanian resistance
    88 BCE: Celebrated a Triumph in Rome
    87 BCE: Elected consul for the second time

Sextus Antonius Salvia
    Ranks: Senator
    Current Office: none
    Traits: +2 wealth, +1 survival, -1 cavalry command

Sextus has finished his formal schooling and as such will begin his political career with lower level magistracies and posts. Married to Postumia, born in 105 BCE(+1 survival)

Character History
    91 BCE: Served as Tribunes Militum of the 4th Legion under Consul Iulus.
    89 BCE: Elected quaestor
    88 BCE: Disowned from the Gens Cornelius Sulla, adopted into the plebeian Gens Antonia
    87 BCE: Elected Tribune of the Plebeians

Cornelia
    Traits: +1 Survival

The eldest daughter of Publius Cornelius Sulla. Married to Gaius Atilius Regulus

Character History
    Married in 91 BCE

Servius Cornelius Sulla
    Ranks: Homo novus
    Current Office: N/a
    Traits: +1 charisma

Servius has just assumed the toga of manhood and is continuing his studies.

Character History
    none yet

Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; November 02, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

Default Re: Domus Sullae

Cursus Honorum Information
    Blue = completed step
    Green = Current tep
    Red = Skipped step

Publius Cornelius Sulla

Tier I
    Class A: Be elected as Aedile or Military Quaestor
    Class B: Patronage (Can be from the same family)
    Class C: Military service/tribunus militum (optional)
    Bonus: Gain the rank of Senator, +1 to NPC interactions, +2 if Class C completed)

Tier II
    Class A: Be elected Consul
    Class B: Be elected Proconsul
    Class C: Be elected Praetor (optional)*
    Bonus: Gain the rank of Ex-Consul, +1 to NPC Interactions (stacked with tier I), +2 if Class C completed)
    *Although appearing last, the praetorship was a step in the cursus before Consul, so in this case Class C should be completed before any of the rest.

Tier III
    Class A: Win a triumph
    Class B: Annex lands for Rome OR defeat a tribe/enemy/people for Rome.

Class C: Become a patron of Rome OR be elected Censor (Build a tier IV building, OPTIONAL)
    Bonus: become the first among equals. Be warned, this might not be popular. +3 to NPC Interactions, +4 if the Class C condition is met.

Sextus Antonius Salvia

Tier I
    Class A: Be elected as Aedile or Military Quaestor
    Class B: Patronage (Can be from the same family)
    Class C: Military service/tribunus militum (optional)
    Bonus: Gain the rank of Senator, +1 to NPC interactions, +2 if Class C completed)

Tier II
    Class A: Be elected Consul
    Class B: Be elected Proconsul
    Class C: Be elected Praetor (optional)*
    Bonus: Gain the rank of Ex-Consul, +1 to NPC Interactions (stacked with tier I), +2 if Class C completed)
    *Although appearing last, the praetorship was a step in the cursus before Consul, so in this case Class C should be completed before any of the rest.

Tier III
    Class A: Win a triumph
    Class B: Annex lands for Rome OR defeat a tribe/enemy/people for Rome.
    Class C: Become a patron of Rome OR be elected Censor (Build a tier IV building, OPTIONAL)
    Bonus: become the first among equals. Be warned, this might not be popular. +3 to NPC Interactions, +4 if the Class C condition is met.

Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; November 02, 2016 at 09:02 PM.

Financial Information
    Green = Current Level
    89 BCE

Agricultural Branch

Tier I: Basic

Class A:
    Cost: 0
    Income: 2,750

Class B:
    Cost: 5,000
    Income: 5,000

Class C:
    Cost: 7,500
    Income: 7,500

(Once Class C achieved, unlock bonus)
    Bonus: -10% legionary recruitment costs

Tier II: Intermediate
    Class A:
    Cost: 10,000
    Income: 10,000

Class B:
    Cost: 15,000
    Income: 15,000
    Class C:
    Cost: 20,000
    Income: 17,000

Bonus: -10% legionary upkeep costs

Tier III: Advanced
    Class A:
    Cost: 25,000
    Income: 20,000

Class B:
    Cost: 30,000
    Income: 25,000

Class C:
    Cost: 35,000
    Income: 28,000

Bonus: -10% cavalry recruitment/upkeep costs

Tier IV: Advanced Plus
    Class A:
    Cost: 40,000
    Income: 35,000

Class B:
    Cost: 45,000
    Income: 40,000

Class C:
    Cost: 50,000
    Income: 45,000

No Bonus

Remaining Income: 78,140
    Added Trait Income: Wealth (+4) = 12% added income
    + -90,000 (legionary recruitment)
    Income Year 2: 28,000 + 3,360=
    +
    Added income?: none
    =
    Gross total: 19,500
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; November 03, 2016 at 10:13 AM.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hours before Drusus is assassinated (what a day!), Aulus Postumius Albinus arrives at the Domus of the Sullae for an impromptu visit.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Gaius Atilius Regulus comes to pay his old friend a visit.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Vilgefortz of Roggeveen View Post
    Hours before Drusus is assassinated (what a day!), Aulus Postumius Albinus arrives at the Domus of the Sullae for an impromptu visit.
    Albinus is welcomed inside the atrium where he caught a glimpse of the death masks on the walls and the small statues of the household gods. He was left waiting for just a moment before Publius Cornelius Sulla appeared and greeted him. "Ah, Albinus, do come in. May I offer you a drink, some food perhaps?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Gaius Atilius Regulus comes to pay his old friend a visit.
    Regulus is shown into the center of the villa, a small garden where Sulla was sitting and looking over a scroll. He stood up "Ah Gaius, I apologize that I was not informed of your arrival." He slapped the slave responsible across the face "Do not embarrass me like this again." he said in a severe tone. "Some wine, perhaps, Gaius? I've only got a mediocre vintage from Umbria I'm afraid."

Citizen

I had to discipline my slave for not informing me of an arrival either... interrupted my lunch that I so desired to eat.

Gaius smiles at the offer of the wine and nods, acknowledging and accepting the offer.

Wine is wine, good Sulla, unless its that crap that Gauls think is wine. I remember smelling it one time... reeked of donkey piss and onions. Only barbarians would love that scent.

"And frothy like it as well, or so I've heard tell." He said with a laugh "To what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?"

Citizen

You are a popular man, Publius. And I am still relatively new, even though I have been among the Senate for almost a decade or so now. To find a friend in the Senate is the boon of any Roman, especially Patricians like us.

Gaius ponders once more upon the offerings of Gnaeus. After a deep reflection, they seem paltry to him, a Patrician. Positions better suited for Romans who did not have the connections to gain anything in the Senate.

What are your ambitions? To make yourself greater or to make Rome greater?

"TO serve as Consul is an honor, the office has been too often abused as an excuse for men to make themselves wealthy. If there was ever a time we needed a man to focus on serious issues...it is now." He said with a sigh. "I fear the Italians will mobilize. Half of the Republic's strength is made up of allies. They train like Romans and fight like Romans. If they mobilize it will be a brutal affair, one that I do not think we could easil win by force of arms. We need a strong leader of Rome's armies but more importantly, a diplomat." He hated to admit it, but someone needed to face the stark reality. "If I am successful in promoting Rome's interests, there isno doubt I will gain a reputation. But that is not m motivating factor in running."

Citizen

So by helping Rome, you not only make the Republic greater, but with the fate tied to her, you become greater. That is how a Roman should act. Not self-serve themselves before the Republic as the Republic must always come first! She will provide those who help her first with fame and fortune. Just as those... vile kings before the Republic. They cared more for their pockets than Rome and, by the wroth of our gods and Rome's people, we cast them down. Rome is us and we are Rome. Rome is our mother and we are her children. As any mother, she will look after us as long as we are loyal to her.

Gaius could see that Publius knew what Rome needed, what the Republic needed and what their future needed. Regulus ponders for a moment before speaking further.

Tell me, is there a way I can be a part of your noble aspirations? Is there a way I can help Rome just as you plan to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Albinus is welcomed inside the atrium where he caught a glimpse of the death masks on the walls and the small statues of the household gods. He was left waiting for just a moment before Publius Cornelius Sulla appeared and greeted him. "Ah, Albinus, do come in. May I offer you a drink, some food perhaps?"
    "Ah, that would be grand. I do not mean to intrude, though. I do not presume to add another wealthy mouth to your table."
    Albinus looked about the atrium with a respectable expression. "I can't say I ever recall visiting this fine home before, Sulla."

So by helping Rome, you not only make the Republic greater, but with the fate tied to her, you become greater. That is how a Roman should act. Not self-serve themselves before the Republic as the Republic must always come first! She will provide those who help her first with fame and fortune. Just as those... vile kings before the Republic. They cared more for their pockets than Rome and, by the wroth of our gods and Rome's people, we cast them down. Rome is us and we are Rome. Rome is our mother and we are her children. As any mother, she will look after us as long as we are loyal to her.

Gaius could see that Publius knew what Rome needed, what the Republic needed and what their future needed. Regulus ponders for a moment before speaking further.

Tell me, is there a way I can be a part of your noble aspirations? Is there a way I can help Rome just as you plan to do?
    "Are you running for office, Gaius?" he inquired. He was not one to make idle promises.

"Ah, that would be grand. I do not mean to intrude, though. I do not presume to add another wealthy mouth to your table."
    Albinus looked about the atrium with a respectable expression. "I can't say I ever recall visiting this fine home before, Sulla."
    "It is kept in good order, I have my slaves to thank for that mostly. Since the death of my wife and the departure of my dear sister to wed Sulpicianus, I have lacked a strong matron of the house." He concluded. "Be that as it may, the household gods and ancestors must always be respected." He called for wine to be poured into bronze goblets. It was unseemly to bring out the silver chalices and boast of any wealth. "What can I do for you, Albinus?"

Citizen

I am running for Quaestor. I wanted to start off at the bottom of the ladder and work my way up. Just as my father did.

Gaius remembered how his father had followed a similar path.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    "It is kept in good order, I have my slaves to thank for that mostly. Since the death of my wife and the departure of my dear sister to wed Sulpicianus, I have lacked a strong matron of the house." He concluded. "Be that as it may, the household gods and ancestors must always be respected." He called for wine to be poured into bronze goblets. It was unseemly to bring out the silver chalices and boast of any wealth. "What can I do for you, Albinus?"
    "Hm."
    He paused to look at the bronze goblet which was placed into his hand.
    "I suppose I should waste as little of your time as possible. A man approached me during the Lupercalia, with a certain proposal. I thought it might interest you."

I am running for Quaestor. I wanted to start off at the bottom of the ladder and work my way up. Just as my father did.

Gaius remembered how his father had followed a similar path.
    "That is a respectable path to take, one that I took myself." Publius concluded. "If I am able to support your election, I will. If I cannot do that, then I can support your advancement at the very least. I am looking to expand my client base, it is the surest way to promote my political career and ensure only the most qualified of Rome's minor magistrates seek entry into the higher offices."

"Hm."
    He paused to look at the bronze goblet which was placed into his hand.
    "I suppose I should waste as little of your time as possible. A man approached me during the Lupercalia, with a certain proposal. I thought it might interest you."
    "I don't doubt that. I was similarly accosted, even when I had made my intentions to run for Consul public. How can I very well run for Consul and support someone else? Milo and Iulus, they have odd notions about the republic's political objectives. Though I find Iulus the more nauseating of the two. Milo simply asks too much, Iulus has little grasp of present circumstances I think." Publius shook his head, ending the day dream. "But I digress Albinus, what were you told?"

Albinus offered a wry smile and a nod, amused that they thought of the same individuals.
    "As it happens, we speak of the same man. I bring this to you with trust in your discretion however, Sulla."

He gestured, switching the goblet from one hand to the other.
    "Iulus wanted to make me Praefectus Classis if I chose to vote for him as Consul, among other things. I countered, and he agreed to support my interest in the recently vacated Flamen Dialis' chair if I chose to support his bid for consul this year. Does this intrigue, fellow senator?"

"It confuses me." Publius said with a laugh "Gnaeus seems to think that he is honoring you with a position as commander of the fleets? In the Senate you are Gnaeus' equal. As commander of the fleets you would be his subordinate. Such a role is fitting for an equestrian, but hardly for a Senator. Why would he think that offering such a post would be anything less than insulting?" Publius shook hi head. "He is either a fool or trying to insult half the Senate, especially if he is making similar offers to others. But this Flamen Dialis business, do you have aspirations to become a priest, Albinus? I admire those who respect our religious traditions. I would see such posts occupied by pious men, and men who would not be subordinated to their social equals by vague promises of a military career. It is unbecoming of a senator to engage in such activities better suited for members of an inferior class."

Publius took a long drink of his wine. "Though I suppose you know all of this already, or else why would you be here? I can support your bid for the priesthood. What more would it take to secure your support for the Consulship?"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast