Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thermopolium! OOC Thread

Default Re: The Thermopolium! OOC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I have a few questions.

- The economical rules state that upgrading a tier cost x amount. But what does upgrading a class cost ?

- There's no senatorial office income right ? I can't find it in the rules but perhaps this is still in the making so im asking.
    1. Just move up the tiers, if there's no cost then there's no cost.

2. No office income
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Hi guys, long time no see, this RP tickled my fancy as something a bit different. Nice to be back.
    I don't have so much time these days so I am keeping my characters to a minimum, and quality over quantity.
    Shame I just signed up as the senate vote is taking place, anyway an interesting time to join in.
    SPQR!
    You might want to strongly consider bringing your signup post into line with some of the others and actually registering a family instead of just one character. And please be aware that while an interest in the military aspects is ok, this is a game focused heavily around politics. In fact it's practically impossible to access the military side of things without taking part in politics.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Sorry for being a noob, Ponti.

mother goose is here for you

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Dear mods, it was be nice if senate votes were open for 24 hours. That's the third vote that has whizzed on by before I even knew it existed.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

It's tactically unwise for the Italian forces to split off.(I'm talking about the Italian under Gaius Papius Mutilus) Nor do I think a capable commander would do so in the face of a somewhat evenly matched enemy. (because of their knowledge of Roman formations.)
    So I'd recommend to move back to the main bulk of Italian forces. Also the Italian legion Skylord is commanding is, as far as I understand also one of the legions he'll face right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    1. Just move up the tiers, if there's no cost then there's no cost.

2. No office income

You might want to strongly consider bringing your signup post into line with some of the others and actually registering a family instead of just one character. And please be aware that while an interest in the military aspects is ok, this is a game focused heavily around politics. In fact it's practically impossible to access the military side of things without taking part in politics.
    I have no issue with politics, I just really don't have time to dedicate to fleshing out a whole clan. I prefer to let me secondary characters emerge of their own during my "creative writing", which is really my main interest in RP anyway as a way for me to keep my prose skills sharpened by unexpected characters and events such as other players. I am sure I will bring in more characters if and when I can, but as I say, I'd rather do quality over quantity.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Dear mods, it was be nice if senate votes were open for 24 hours. That's the third vote that has whizzed on by before I even knew it existed.
    Well that would take too long. We just vote quickly and move onto the next thing. Slowing it down would only slow the process and thus the progress of debates.

I mean if everyone, but 1 player, votes, no point in waiting. We just move onto the next motion/proposal.

Also note what Ponti said earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    You need to be a senator after all to vote and participate in the Curia.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; October 06, 2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

I've misunderstood then, I thought a character which is the head of a house can automatically be a senator?

That's not at all evident by your registration I think is the main problem. And we're not keeping any polls/votes open for longer than it takes to reach a simple majority unless someone is taking RP action related to the vote itself. I'm not waiting 24 hours for someone to cast a worthless vote.

Citizen

Well the way you signed up your character, it seemed like you were rping someone purely in the military. Its like Ponti said, its alright to have a military history/interest, but you need to be involved in politics, and thus be a senator, in order to even take part in the military. I am not sure exactly what needs to be changed, but I am just taking what Ponti posted.

Ok, I'm confused. Can I claim senatorship or is it awarded? If so, how do you get awarded it? I'm not sure I understand the honorum rules. I assumed my character fits into "Class C: Military service/tribunus militum (optional)"

I meant all three legions moved up, Brew, because I'm the only Ally volunteer general.

Blog Entries

Perhaps specify that better before your Italian char gets raped

I said forces under him, he's the Consul so that would.mean all!

SKy since you're consul this year I don't think you should control movements for the Italians, and neither should I. I'd be more comfortable letting Rhapture control their movements. BUt you can still submit their battle orders against my character

Citizen

I would agree. In the past, we have allowed neutral mods, like Rhapture and others, to perform military movements for the enemy.

Coolio. As long as I get to have a go against you Ponti!

Ok, I'm confused. Can I claim senatorship or is it awarded? If so, how do you get awarded it? I'm not sure I understand the honorum rules. I assumed my character fits into "Class C: Military service/tribunus militum (optional)"
    Everyone can start with one Senator who has completed the first Tier of the Honorum. He couldn't be 20 or something if he had, but you can still run for those offices again if you like or do the military service part too

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    "Consul Sulla, I congratulate you on the consulship. I had not expected to see you here. I'll wait outside if you wish so." Marius said with utmost respect.
    The Sulla in the tent isn't the consul, but his son Sextus
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    The Sulla in the tent isn't the consul, but his son Sextus

eeewspps, thanks mate didn't read careful enough.