Thread: Disease mechanin getting out of hands

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Default Disease mechanin getting out of hands

I recently started a -mostly- vanilla Himyar campaign and I noticed that the disease mechanic is getting annoying real fast.
    It's the second time I'm using the mod (played once as WRE with FotE), but only now I noticed how bad things are with the whole disease mechanic.
    Basically since the AI don't give a fluff about money/food/sanitation, they never; I repeat never build sanitation buildings (romans build the cloaca things here and there, but that's about it) disease is quite common in their cities. Then the disease spreads to the player's cities in a ratio of about 1 out of 3 turns. And it's a domino effect, going from one city to another and the quarantine edict works half the time. I hit quarantine as soon as my region gets the plague and even then in 2-3 turns my neighbor regions catch the plague too.
    It takes about 6 to 8 turns to get rid of it and when it happens, your cities catch disease again because the blasted AI has it in one of theirs. My entire campaign so far was about combating the plague (which sounds kind of amusing I know, but trust me is more annoying than anything).

Maybe I just have the worst luck ever, but could it be another point to take into consideration for the next update...

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Disease mechanin getting out of hands

Hey sorry to hear about that. It could be possible that this be a specific campaign. Does it happen in every one you start?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I do actually know what's going on. I've been running a test campaign of my own, and realized some of the anti-disease effects aren't working properly (they were assigned the wrong effect scope). It'll be fixed for the next update, coming in a few weeks probably.

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Hey sorry to hear about that. It could be possible that this be a specific campaign. Does it happen in every one you start?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    I don't remember this issue playing as WRE. However with Himyar, it was a problem since turn one. I also believe that it was this same version of the mod, but can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    I do actually know what's going on. I've been running a test campaign of my own, and realized some of the anti-disease effects aren't working properly (they were assigned the wrong effect scope). It'll be fixed for the next update, coming in a few weeks probably.
    That's great to hear. I swear I'm gonna start a crusade against the entire map to teach them how to keep clean their damn towns! The great "cleansing" war it will be called.

I hope a fix for this is coming soon. The rest of the mod is great except for the everlasting disease war.

Well, it's mostly fixed, except for the AI. I think I'm going to re-add some of the AI's bonuses against disease so you don't see it quite as often. But for the player, just build some sanitation; you'll be fine. The sanitation buildings right now are even too powerful, since they can easily negate the spread of any plague. I have a few ideas, just busy with other things at the moment.

I tried EP again a few days ago as the "White Huns", and I think I noticed that too. Especially in Sassanid Persia the supposed masters of sanitation! : D

Every second city had a disease and the moment I stepped near it my hordes would contract it the next turn forcing me to park them in the corner of the map because they were losing 20 units per turn for 8 turns or so

Eh... I really wish CA would have coded their AI to actually take their own campaign mechanics into account rather than making the AI immune to them.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.