Thread: Losing money

Default Losing money

Okay playing as Macedon I'm losing 6500 from diplomacy/tributes. Just randomly, after a few turns. Where is this loss coming from? I have no allies nor am protectorate of someone neither offered tribute to anyone.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Losing money

This is a bug of original Heg that fixed in my modpack.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I had the problem when playing Taras, with the modpack installed.

It's one of the enormous bug implanted in hcs v 0.9 coming from the background_script.txt. You can clear this file in the mod, is very bad written and irrealistic.
    If you want play the hcs v.09 you will be crazy quickly because this version is full of tons bugs.

Mod with 0 bug better than the original work of Jarlaxe coming. This time the economy will functionnaly correctly and you will have no crash, never playing. I work on this project for many years now and I m very near to achieve best mod never built for B.I

Well, with the fixes added by Bogia I have seen no other bug, no crash when loading battles, etc. It's really playable. During my last campaigns, I did not had the "loosing money bug", but the opposite : a gift of 30000 at the second or third turn, I don't remember. Better than loosing money.

I know well the scripts of the v. 0.9, it's really irrealistic, money is cheated for most of the factions! spawn of armies is cheated etc...!
    My mod is realistic and now the player has to be a good administrator. There are no gifts or no lost money cheated. Economy is more difficult.

It's possible than the corrections of Bogia is really good job in his pack. I don't know i never try it. I only can say that version 0.9 original is completly bugged so it's why I re-write all the files from the BI original version, and like this, all is good.

If you have no bug loading all the battles this wants say that Bogia fixed many problems. In version 0.9 playing Athenes make CTD frequetenly for exemple. Etruscans or Carthaginians are full bugged. In mine mod, all these ing bugs dont exist.

I'm proud to be in mesure to release it for all the communauty in few months!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesimos View Post
    Well, with the fixes added by Bogia I have seen no other bug, no crash when loading battles, etc. It's really playable. During my last campaigns, I did not had the "loosing money bug", but the opposite : a gift of 30000 at the second or third turn, I don't remember. Better than loosing money.
    I posted in the Modpack 4.1 thread that Bogia's script is in the wrong place (at least it was for me). You may want to check the scripts folder. If there is a text file outside the "show me" folder with a more recent date than the actual script inside the "show me" folder, you may have the same problem.

The reason for the bug is that in several places in the old script, it uses the command add_money but doesn't specify the faction it wants to add the money to after the command. So by default the player gets the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchateur View Post
    I know well the scripts of the v. 0.9, it's really irrealistic, money is cheated for most of the factions! spawn of armies is cheated etc...!
    My mod is realistic and now the player has to be a good administrator. There are no gifts or no lost money cheated. Economy is more difficult.
    Persia getting free armies is in fact very realistic. Only a very small portion of the persian empire is on the map, the free armies and money they get represent help from the rest of the empire. Also almost every mod has a script that helps the AI when it's in debt. The RTW AI is bad at managing finances and without such a script it will go collapse too easily.
    Last edited by BHL 20; June 02, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

Okay ! I see no inconvenient to cheat the economy of the AI if it can improve the gameplay. For the moment, it's not really challenging, because the AI is not very aggressive, so you can develop you territory until you have enough money income to attack.

I agree with you that AI need help in hcs. The mod is too much easy because like you said, you can easily annex lot of territories at beginning of campaign and so, have strong economy that make you sure to win game.
    But it's not the good solution to give money at all turns to maintain in life by cheats the others factions. Good solution is to create real challenge at beginning of the campaign. In my mod more realistic, you have no just to attack rebels territories to create an empire before to attack others factions. Persia is ruling the world and their armies are fabulous and main danger for all the Greece. Sparte, Athenes, Corinth, Thebes or others great greeks cities are challenged by many "minors cities" and can not conquer the nearest cities without launch harsh consequences... This is realistic, and like this dont need use cheats for making false difficulty. Just try it and you will understand what is a realistic campaign

To finish, my mod is not like the others mods. I implanted so many interessant ideas more realistic that never made in others 'popular' mods. The idea is to create the best mod, most interessant, realistic and historical than possible, what I'm doing. It's why I continue to mod on RTW/BI 10 years after the game was realesed.
    Last edited by Tchateur; June 03, 2017 at 05:01 AM.