Thread: Faster Battles?

Default Faster Battles?

Is there something that can make battles go faster? I really love this mod, but the 2 hour long battles drive me crazy....

I saw a little mod that says it makes it go faster, but people are reporting it doesn't work and I'm not sure if it works with RSIII.

So, is there anything that can make battles go faster? Otherwise, I have to play them form start to finish at x6 Speed.

Default Re: Faster Battles?

Decrease unit size may help. I'm totally opposite to you so I increase the unit size for longer engagements.

never took me 2 hours to finish a battle though you are fighting them in the wrong way

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

In the 'important_stuff' folder there is a directory called 'EDU_Changes', and in there, a folder called 'Higher lethality"....the files in there offer EDU's that provide for shorter battles.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pherion View Post
    Is there something that can make battles go faster? (...)

So, is there anything that can make battles go faster? Otherwise, I have to play them form start to finish at x6 Speed.
    You can make battles faster. Edit yourself export_descr_unit.txt and put all defensive\armor values as 0. Units will die mostly instantly

Something like this:

stat_pri_armour 13, 3, 0, metal

stat_pri_armour 0, 0, 0, metal

Make sure you have the 45min standard timer set.

Nearly all my battles are completed within 20-30mins - a rare one 40mins. It's perfect.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Don't play on vh battle stick with medium & don't use huge unit sizes. 45 minute timer? I don't remember ever hearing of anyone standing on the side of any battlefield with a stopwatch
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 26, 2016 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Don't play on vh battle stick with medium & don't use huge unit sizes. 45 minute timer? I don't remember ever hearing of anyone standing on the side of any battlefield with a stopwatch
    A troll?

The standard setting is to have the timer - it's there to make you work harder. The timer helps the AI - without it, the AI is at a great disadvantage. RTW on easy mode.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

But the 45 min timer is definitely historical! You are on the verge of killing the last units inside the central square,or the last DAMN horse archer,you have played a very long 3 stack vs 3 stack battle ( yes it happened, yes) you out number them 3 to 1, BUT, the timer runs out. Your troops start a strike because you are making them work more than usual. They not only abandon the fight but suicide en mass as well.

No need to argue about authenticity, but Tedric is right. With ample time, I can easily out maneuver the AI and gain high-ground advantage as well as all kinds of favorable small unit skirmishes, but that's boring and not particularly hard.

Though there is charm in just how thoroughly you can defeat the AI given ample time and preparation. Really does make you feel like Alexander.