Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razor.God's Submod - v3.6 (for FATW 3.2)

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Razor.God's Submod - v3.6 (for FATW 3.2)

Does the 'data' file alongside 'hi' get merged into the vanilla folder? Also, does that mean I can use those graphics in the vanilla game?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

Get it working Augustus? I hve it and there are Yellow Mallorns in Lorien in 3.6 as MRVHS said
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

Is there a way I can use this sub mod only with the graphical changes - none of the gameplay ones? What files would I need to exclude

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Well the next version will be graphics only with the gameplay changes as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Get it working Augustus? I hve it and there are Yellow Mallorns in Lorien in 3.6 as MRVHS said
    I don't think I have. No yellow trees in Lorien as far as I can see. Maybe I'll try reinstalling, but not now. Glad to hear you got it to work, though.

Is there really no alternative way to know which mod version I'm using? RazorGod (you had your username changed?), I would suggest an edited starting game screen where the FATW version is listed as 3.2 - you could make it something like 'FATW v3.2 (RazorGod Submod v3.6)' and it will be crystal clear if the submod is installed properly. Just a suggestion.

P.S. What are the major gameplay changes of this submod? I know there's a changelog on the first page but it's a bit tedious to open all the version changes one by one.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; September 05, 2017 at 04:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Hitpoints of all units have been increased by 1, and armour ratings have also been increased by about 3-5 which largely nullifies missiles. But trolls have been increased by about 40 levels... Charge distance is decreased (I think some charge bonuses have been increased but I may be wrong) and range of archers is greatly increased. Also, Razor has added a cool white trail on arrows like in ETW which I've never seen before personally in a mod. And of course you can now sustainably play with huge unit sizes.

So to check if it's installed see if trolls have about 45 armour rating in-game (not the total armour stat that includes skill, shield etc) instead of about 4 IIRC as default

Maybe if you're having trouble installing... Make sure the 'data' file alongside bi in the mod merged into the vanilla folder... and make sure to properly merge the bi files as well, do not overwrite like
    Last edited by Aexodus; September 05, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

A quick way to check for the trolls would be to start an Adunabar campaign and check out the army that starts out in Ettendale (IIRC - it's one of the armies up north) - there's a unit of Hill-trolls there at game start.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Thank you both, will check these out. The units seemed to have 1 HP only so probably the submod is not installed correctly. Redownloading now.

Blog Entries

I have an edu with original hit point and armour stats if you want to use it, I left the new missile ranges, etc

I have an edu with original hit point and armour stats if you want to use it, I left the new missile ranges, etc
    That's great! It would be nice if you could upload this EDU here in the thread so others may use it as well. Maybe even persuade RazorGod (formerly knows as) to include this in the first post so it can be easily seen and used. Changing HP seems like a big change from FATW mechanics, so many people I believe would want all other changes, except this one.

I'll check out how the new HP and missile range work and then revert if I don't like them. I've been really busy with RL so I didn't have time to reinstall/play the mod. Maybe today or tomorrow I'll have some spare time. Thanks again, friend!

Blog Entries

Last edited by Aexodus; September 12, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

Thank you, brother Aexodus. I finally reinstalled the submod and it worked! Yellow trees in Lorien, 2 HP, all the goods!! I actually like the new HP system. I'll play this way for a while and if it doesn't suit me, I'll just use your EDU.

Blog Entries

Good to hear Octavius! I only changed the stats as otherwise I found missiles to be very ineffective, but to each their own I guess.

so now that 3.3 version came out is this gonna get updated

I like the submod it actually makes the fights somewhat realistic BUT it definetly needs to increase attack of some assault units, maybe missile attack or ammo and lower morale of some units so that units rout when being fully surrounded (which is something that happens quite more often then one would like in this mod)

Blog Entries

When a unit is fully surrounded and doesn’t have a path to escape, it should just fight to the death. Same in vanilla.

Usually during the phase of surrounding enemy units the moral should drop more with things like back charges otherwise you end up with everyunit just fighting to death while being surrounded by enemies which isnt very realistic

I have to ask this as well as far as will this be updated to be compatible with v3.3? Thank you.

Blog Entries

They told me they didn’t have time at the moment due to personal commitments, but planned on updating it soon (July?). I encourage you guys to at try and implement at least some of the visual changes in the mod, for now.
    Last edited by Aexodus; June 19, 2018 at 03:17 AM.

Hey there! I have downloaded this mod, but I don't seem to find the folder that has the portraits (for some tweaks), is it normal? I know it suppose to be in the UI, but it is not there...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast