Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Default Re: The tie that saved Rome. Do Western nations need a State Religion?

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    On equality in gnosticism, there is the issue of 1) translation and 2) most of the gnostic minded text is not written in plain language, but in esoteric one, some terms can only be found similiar in other occult movements.

So there's 2 translation barriers on meaning. One literal, another symbolic. To make such a hasty conclusion may not be the best course, especially when dealing with more esoteric charged texts.

PS - Nag Hammadi Library on left.. didn't expect to have such linked on TWC! When I have more free time I'll dwell some time on it.
    Sweet.

I agree that we have to take care in how we read ancient text.

GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
    If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
    Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
    [Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
    But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."

The way I read this is that Gnostic Christians do not believe in a supernatural heaven or hell. That mind set says that all we have is right here and thus are stuck with each other for whatever bit of eternity we can gain for ourselves. If we have the mind set that God is within us, we must see God in all people and that means we cannot discriminate against any as we are all equal. That is why Gnostic Christianity is a Universalist sect and also why, in our churches, anyone was allowed to take the floor and preach.

Regards
    DL

-----------

Himster

Religious tolerance? Nope.
    Gender equality? Double nope.
    Technological progress? Triple nope, Christians of the time were staunchly opposed to this "sinful temporal world". It is and more importantly was: the collectivist Christian view that this world is brutish and ugly that made this world brutish and ugly. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

"A driving force for progress"? Utter arse gravy.

This is almost too stupid to reply to.

Compare the West to the East on these issue and if you wish to repeat such, Utter arse gravy,
    tell us why emigration is from the East to the west.

Where would you prefer to live with your wife and kids?

Saudi Arabia or London?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_M...27_school_fire

I rest my case.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; November 25, 2016 at 09:24 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345