Thread: Playing on huge unit size

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Icon5 Playing on huge unit size

Hey,

I would like to play fourth age total war on huge unit size instead of large. I know it isn't balanced for that but is there a way to make the mod a bit more balanced on huge unit size? Would it cause any issues if I doubled the population in all settlements? (and what about permanent forts?) Moreover, by how much should I increase health in all settlements to compensate overpopulation? Also, in which building should I put this bonus?

Default Re: Playing on huge unit size

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxRazor.GodxXxXx View Post
    Hey,

I would like to play fourth age total war on huge unit size instead of large. I know it isn't balanced for that but is there a way to make the mod a bit more balanced on huge unit size? Would it cause any issues if I doubled the population in all settlements? (and what about permanent forts?) Moreover, by how much should I increase health in all settlements to compensate overpopulation? Also, in which building should I put this bonus?
    Do you know which faction(s) you will play? As elves and dwarves will get a lot more casualties on huge..

Default Re: Playing on huge unit size

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxRazor.GodxXxXx View Post
    Hey,

I've found it OK if you're playing any human faction. You just have to manage some of your settlements a bit more carefully. As said, with Dwarves and Elves it's a bit more difficult due to their extreme population issues, so if you're playing those you'll probably have to compensate population via script for your own faction (e.g. for every 100 Elf soldiers trained in a settlement, add 30-50 to your population via console), at least in those settlements where you recruit native troops.
    Upkeep is the same on all unit sizes.