Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] 1.2 New Grand Campaign

Default Re: [PREVIEW] 1.2 New Grand Campaign

Mind blown. Simply incredible.

This looks incredible. Thanks for all the great work guys -- I can't wait to start a campaign in 1.2, especially with the new startpos, regions, and factions.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Dope stuff, per usual.

Really digging the emergent factions mechanic. I really enjoyed making puppet factions in Shogun II, and look forward to returning to a puppet master role on the brand new map! It'll make the campaign so much more lively.

Also, is that a new character model for Arsaces that I spotted? I always loved the unique and diverse character/general models that you all have developed. They really add to immersion. Hoping to see more of these exceptional leader/general models in 1.2. Bravo! I guess I'll just have to wait for 1.2 to start my Parthian campaign
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; September 16, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

Excited for this. You guys rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    Lovely <3
    One question: new factions freed by another faction when they conquer a city will still have a full stack? I've found that thing a bit awkard, especially when it's small faction vs another small one: if you conquest and free a city , whit its full stack you have already won the war.
    Its the normal liberation mechanic, I believe they start with a 1/4 stack? or a 1/2 stack I can't remember.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

In the political parties screenshot we see that Rome got a new classification for the different parties?
    Are the 3 houses done for? I really loved that the political struggle in Rome is a struggle of different grand houses. (especially when you're a super duper fan of Rome the TV series).
    Will this also be a thing for IA campaign?

Awesome job as always. DeI never fail to deliver

Willing to see the rest of the new factions!!
    Thanks and congratulations for the preview! very well presented.

Ritter Floh - I saw you did pretty well the painted regions as I suggested to you

The news about this reached me through facebook and it made me come back. No other choice, incredible!

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

at least it's Dresden's work, If you're referring to the incident with the new map, I was barely involved. All I did was give Dresden a little nudge out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    In the political parties screenshot we see that Rome got a new classification for the different parties?
    Are the 3 houses done for? I really loved that the political struggle in Rome is a struggle of different grand houses. (especially when you're a super duper fan of Rome the TV series).

This is only for the Grand Campaign, the IA campaign stays as is.

We have changed it from families to political affiliations due to the simple fact that the families were never really that in the game. They were always cross-assigned names and there was no family tree. We felt this was a better way to go. It can easily be changed with a submod and 1 text file if people prefer the old way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    The news about this reached me through facebook and it made me come back. No other choice, incredible!
    Proper German quality of testing is back
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Guys, if you're going to recreate the startpos, then maybe i can make a suggestion - is it possible e.g. for Parthia to have Ctesiphon coded as their capital? Point would be, the Parthians start with one city, which will automatically count as capital, but if they capture Ctesiphon, maybe the game would in this case recognize this as "re-capturing the original capital"? This way you could simulate the historical development of this empire (besides, a walled region capital farther to the west would be quite handy as faction capital). Whaddaya think, would it work that way?
    Cheers!

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

This will be amazing! I am glad to see the really good ideas from the AE mod being implemented in this next update! Also, Rome, Epirus, and Syracuse are going to be a lot more interesting to play now... Rome will have a bit of a challenge to them, Syracuse has a walled city and a non-roman province available (Sicily) and the Epirotes survivability will hopefully go from "very rare" (for me anyway) to "occasional" which would be nice since they are my favorite faction! Also I am looking forward to revolts, and the opportunities that they can play in losing and gaining territory. Not only do you have to watch your own internal borders - your big empire might collapse, but you can take advantage of another faction's civil war! Imagine a late game of collapsing empires, including your own... These 1.2 campaigns will be deep - I can see still playing this game 10 years from now! Thank you again for all of your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post

Thirteen!

This is great!

​THIRTEEEEEEEEEN!

Regarding the start positions in 273BC:
    -Ecbatana was under Seleucid control at this point AFAIK, not Atropatene. Also, Pergamon and Bactria were under (at least nominal) Seleucid rule.
    -Carthage didn't conquer Carthago Nova until Hamilcar Barca's campaigns after the First Punic War.
    Also, why are there 'Nobiles', 'Patrician', 'Equestrian' and 'Plebeian' factions in Rome? Historically, the first two groups overlap (almost all Patrician families were also nobiles) and the nobiles included almost all major political figures of the middle Republic (barring the occasional novus homo).

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

The new start year is 278.

The Attalids of Pergamon were established in 281, I believe. I suppose a Pergamon player can role play that they are shrugging off the Seleucid yoke, since they already had considerable autonomy from the Seleucids.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; September 16, 2016 at 08:51 PM.

So glad you guys pushed the date back for the GC start, cannot wait for release!!

1.2 will the greatest Total War game yet. And yes I mean, game, not a mod, the changes are so significant.