Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] 1.2 New Grand Campaign

Default Re: [PREVIEW] 1.2 New Grand Campaign

1.2 has not been released yet. Once it is, it will be both on Steam and here on TWC. The Steam and TWC versions of the mod are both always kept up to date.

(Though I do recommend using the TWC version, simply because you're downloading 2 files rather than 6. It might be a little more stable that way, but it shouldn't really make a difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    1.2 has not been released yet. Once it is, it will be both on Steam and here on TWC. The Steam and TWC versions of the mod are both always kept up to date.

(Though I do recommend using the TWC version, simply because you're downloading 2 files rather than 6. It might be a little more stable that way, but it shouldn't really make a difference).

Do you have an idea when this version 1.2 would be ready or not please ? It's a great job who is realized

If you read some other threads in the forum, you'd know the answer (The answer is "when it's done" ).

Also every time someone asks about the release date, we delay it two more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    If you read some other threads in the forum, you'd know the answer (The answer is "when it's done" ).

Also every time someone asks about the release date, we delay it two more weeks.
    About this new version 1.2 I have some questions ( If you can to answer me) please :

-This version keeps the area system recrutement ( ex: If you have Balears, you have the Balearic Slingers or Rhodians if you have Rhodes)
    - Some cities are unique batiments if I understand good. This batiments are the unic for a faction only ?
    - The map knows some differences. Syracuse is now a region with 3 cities. Other regions are concerned ?

Thanks you for your answer.

Yes, of course the new version will still have the AOR system.

I don't know what you mean by "batiments." Buildings? Hmmm... I'm not sure how we ended up handling that actually. Dresden knows of course.

1.2 uses the Imperator Augustus map for the grand campaign. Check the changes on the IA map to see what it will look like.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

The specialized cities, AFAIK will be faction specific. The Suevi wont have access to the grand city of Rome like the Romans will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually incorrect. The unique capitals can not be demolished or converted. If they are captured they simply switch to the occupied version of the change. You don't get as many bonuses, but the city itself will stay unique.

I believe they will also remain the original culture for battlemaps. So if some dirty barbarians were ever to somehow capture rome, anytime they were attacked the city would use the roman battlemap, not be a bunch of mudhuts.

The main changes for the map are more cities in italy and sicily being its own province, and additional cities in britain, north africa, and germania.

Exactly what I ment. The effects will not stay the same when me and my barbarian army have wiped the floor with puny romans

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Exactly what I ment. The effects will not stay the same when me and my barbarian army have wiped the floor with puny romans

(shakes fist)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    (shakes fist)
    How I imagine Ivan the angry Roman...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    How I imagine Ivan the angry Roman...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That kid stole my hair style! I'm gonna kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    That kid stole my hair style! I'm gonna kill it!
    Its a pretty rad hairstyle. And beating up kids is also extremely accepted in most cultures, if not all

Hi guys,

Arachosia is always playable to the version 1.2 like the 1.1 version or not please ?

Moreover, some troops can be used heavy shoot like Kreet archers or Partians archers at food or mounted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Basset View Post
    Hi guys,

Arachosia is always playable to the version 1.2 like the 1.1 version or not please ?
    Yes, of course, assuming that by Arachosia you mean Taksashila, the Indian faction we replaced Arachosia with in 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Basset View Post
    Moreover, some troops can be used heavy shoot like Kreet archers or Partians archers at food or mounted ?
    Nope. This is for balancing reasons, and I think the Rome 2 AI can't use heavy shot properly.

I hope the AI can make Etruskian League Great Again.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

MELGA lol
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Do you think Etruscian League can be playable in the future or not ?

Thanks a lot for yours answers at my questions guys. Your work is wonderful on Divide et Impera. I wish that mod can be continue to develop ^^

Considering that we already have a lot of playable factions in DeI, I doubt that we will (though anything is possible in the future..) overhaul the Etruscan league as we have for all the other factions. But you can always use the All Factions Playable submod.

Hello Guys,

About army reforms, some changements are developped in the version 1.2 or not please ?