Thread: Can factions change side

Default Can factions change side

I wonder if it possible for good to change into evil and evil to turn against sauron
    Can I do it manually like forming alliance with good factions when play as evil and just attack the rest of evil factions
    Or do I need some submod or script to do this

Default Re: Can factions change side

I, as a "good" faction player, have attacked a couple of times "good " factions, just for fun.

Could do it without problems.

Another matter would be becoming a "bad" faction member, and join a Jihad for example. I don't know, although I guess you need to edit scripts or submod.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Yes and no. You can change sides, and at some point will recieve an invasion from Sauron, but you cannot change your culture- your worship will still be Melkor and you cannot build high-end units without it.

I wrote an AAR a few years back, as Dunland being couped by a good faction within the tribes, but it seems to be gone when I search for it.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Yes and no. You can change sides, and at some point will recieve an invasion from Sauron, but you cannot change your culture- your worship will still be Melkor and you cannot build high-end units without it.

I wrote an AAR a few years back, as Dunland being couped by a good faction within the tribes, but it seems to be gone when I search for it.
    And to add to your answer, the reverse is also true: You can become "evil" when playing as a "good" faction, and will be the subject of an invasion only in the case you are at war with Sauron, I believe. How to accomplish that, I don't know...

Quite nags me that my AAR is gone, I had put quite a bit of effort into it.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Quite nags me that my AAR is gone, I had put quite a bit of effort into it.
    Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ost&highlight=

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

How on earth did you find that? It is not often I am outdone by anyone- not even you- but I bow my head in awe of your searching skill.

BTW, I and the boys are in Norway working from 27th Dec, closer to Göteborg, you are always welcome to pop by.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nothing to take glory for in this case hehe, I merely checked the "Find latest started threads" on your profile, a handy tool

Neat; however I'm sadly working that week too, so tied to my desk then, hehe

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I will be there till Easter, Dagali Fjellpark ;-)